Also recently announced partnerships with similar manufacturers!

Check Out TechCraze
    They had all those partners for years. What are all these partners going to build and when. He is just going to cause these partners to ditch them like Jabil did because they can't move devices.

Posted via Z30
    07-26-15 08:10 AM
    They had all those partners for years. What are all these partners going to build and when. He is just going to cause these partners to ditch them like Jabil did because they can't move devices.

Posted via Z30
    But.. they are moving devices? And much more cost-effectively? And before they may have had partners but blackberry were much more involved in the device manufacturering process, now they are letting manufacturers play a bigger role...

Leap is being re-ordered by carphone warehouse

Foxconn built Z3 in just 3 months after the partnership was announced.

It's unlikely they'll get 'ditched' because everyone is being pessimistic with sales expectations, no-one is talking about making millions of devices at a time, just small batches to meet demand whatever it may be..

Check Out TechCraze
    07-28-15 02:36 AM
    But.. they are moving devices? And much more cost-effectively? And before they may have had partners but blackberry were much more involved in the device manufacturering process, now they are letting manufacturers play a bigger role...

Leap is being re-ordered by carphone warehouse

Foxconn built Z3 in just 3 months after the partnership was announced.

It's unlikely they'll get 'ditched' because everyone is being pessimistic with sales expectations, no-one is talking about making millions of devices at a time, just small batches to meet demand whatever it may be..

Check Out TechCraze
    What devices are moving? The quarterly numbers don't back this up. Oh someone "reordered". How many did they order to begin with? Sorry but reality can only be manipulated so far. None of these partnerships have resulted in BlackBerry offering a competitive device in the specs to price department. Foxconn deal in place since just before Chen came in and we have one device.... Time for Chen to leverage these partnerships instead of just announcing them and producing disappointments like the Classic and Leap.

Posted via Z30
    Gerii likes this.
    07-28-15 07:54 AM
    Seriously guys,.. it's either they at least try this,.. or they stop making mass-market devices (they may make some $2000/piece units like on-premise cisco phones for hospitals,--but nothing for us).

People that so feverishly love BB10 have been buying two, three, four of these devices,.. and they can't even break the million. This isn't a bakery, it's simply not feasible to keep current lines running in the factories,... and very much less investing serious R&D into future models. How many people can you pay with 800,000 devices (and falling), none of them selling at the full price they intended?

At one point BlackBerry was all hardware, so it would haven been inconceivable that it would continue as a company without making handsets. Nowadays things are very different and they have worked harder at diversifying away from handsets than on the actual handsets. So the 'escape from hardware' button is much closer to Chen's desk than it used to be.

Let's see what they can do here. Maybe we'll be disappointed, they will fail even with Android and eventually shut it down,.. but it's hard to see how the latter will not happen if they stick with BB10 only.

Posted via CB10
    They don't need much RnD. Just bloody well release a Q10 successor with good specs and USB 3.1/type C.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    07-28-15 09:45 AM
    How many manufacturing partners do you need to launch one or two phones per year?
    Enough to have good QA & less complaints & returns...

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 11:16 AM
    I dnt get it. The unlocked BlackBerry Passport I have works fine. Android RT runs 72 of 74 apps I tried & some I have kept. Why not up the RT to 5.x & stay with this good setup?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 11:27 AM
    What's this about?
    On InstaGram...

@evleaks: The Android-powered BlackBerry Venice slider infomation thread!-img_20150730_163920.png

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    07-30-15 03:39 PM
    What's this about?
    On InstaGram...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150730_163920.png 
Views:	1443 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	364784

Posted via CB10
    The A and the Q are swapped. If this post is true, then why is Chen not saying anything? What is his silence accomplishing? No other phone manufacturer is going to Bb10 and Android, and if it is something that Google can put an end too because it is another workaround then it isn't a viable solution anyway. Not like he is going to kill the pathetic sales numbers they have now.

Posted via Z30
    07-30-15 06:17 PM
    The A and the Q are swapped. If this post is true, then why is Chen not saying anything? What is his silence accomplishing? No other phone manufacturer is going to Bb10 and Android, and if it is something that Google can put an end too because it is another workaround then it isn't a viable solution anyway. Not like he is going to kill the pathetic sales numbers they have now.

Posted via Z30
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AZERTY

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 05:50 AM
    You may note this is a PARTIAL AZERTY keyboard...the M is out of place, etc.

As for why so much secretiveness on the pare of BlackBerry management (read: Chen), I offer this:

Full Definition of SUPERCILIOUS

:* coolly and patronizingly haughty <reacted to their breach of etiquette with a supercilious smile>
    � su�per�cil�ious�ly adverb
    � su�per�cil�ious�ness noun

There is no other explanation IMHO.

This needs to stop...
    07-31-15 07:00 AM
    As an Blackberry/Samsung user, I think Blackberries are great in some ways like their hub, emailing, security........why would they want to be another Android OEM in an extremely saturated Android marketplace is just beyond me. Few Android OEMs like Samsung, LG are profitable. Many are suffering deep losses. Blackberry OS imho is superior to Android. Lighter, more responsive, more stable and more secure. All they had to do was introduce such hardware with their own OS which they never did. You can even sideload Android apps onto Blackberry OS 10.Their all touch screen phones are way behind the others. Only the Passport ( traditional Blackberry with physical qwerty keyboard) is very good.
    I am guessing that the game plan is to introduce Android users to BlackBerry phones. Android is a more popular OS, made a secured hardware. Does this sounds like a possibility that BlackBerry can make more money on handsets here? They can still take care of their loyal BlackBerry users, yet take the chance to snap up some Android users on the brand. This sounds like a good business to me. Of course, whether the secure hardware would improve Android OS is another point for contention.

Posted on my white Z10 via CB10
    07-31-15 07:51 AM
    How pathetic, naysayers don't want Android on a BlackBerry phone as part of the OS, but load Google Play and all the required apps to run it. Or Snap loaded apps.

Come on it's about performance. Be it no lag or up loading the best app available. It will have the BlackBerry Hub what it does after that is in material.

Hub, security and performance with a BlackBerry phone!

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE and CatDaddy like this.
    08-03-15 05:35 AM
    It's funny seeing people comment on moving on if they release android. They literally have NO choice this is their last straw. We are all that remains of the 0.3 % market share so they rightfully don't care much about us, it's not a viable business model... they n�ed to try something drastic otherwise they will just exit the hardware game altogether.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10
    MO3iusONE, ruhban, Mr4aces and 1 others like this.
    08-03-15 10:58 AM
    It's funny seeing people comment on moving on if they release android. They literally have NO choice this is their last straw. We are all that remains of the 0.3 % market share so they rightfully don't care much about us, it's not a viable business model... they n�ed to try something drastic otherwise they will just exit the hardware game altogether.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10
    You misunderstand. If blackberry goes android, I will move on to Android.

But a different manufacturer that has experience with android and can build a cheaper device.

Why drop 700 on a blackberry when I can spend 300 on an android device with the same specs.

I can also choose a windows10 device with a fantastic camera.

The problem isn't just blackberry going android, it's that there is no reason so buy a Blackberry android, since there is zero faith they won't produce a device that doesn't suck.

FML
    08-03-15 01:01 PM
    You misunderstand. If blackberry goes android, I will move on to Android.

But a different manufacturer that has experience with android and can build a cheaper device.

Why drop 700 on a blackberry when I can spend 300 on an android device with the same specs.

I can also choose a windows10 device with a fantastic camera.

The problem isn't just blackberry going android, it's that there is no reason so buy a Blackberry android, since there is zero faith they won't produce a device that doesn't suck.

FML
    Two words, physical keys.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    ayngling likes this.
    08-03-15 01:34 PM

I�m also interested in finding out how the current Android audience responds to a new physical keyboard smartphone. I�ve mostly figured that the various Android OEMs would have continued to produce PKB phones if there were a market for them, but maybe BlackBerry picks up a few sales that way after all.

I don�t think PKBs will be a windfall for BlackBerry or anyone else, but at least we'll all be able to see how it goes.
    mornhavon likes this.
    08-03-15 02:42 PM

Two words, stuttering keys.

Posted via Z30
    08-03-15 05:13 PM

Two words. Double Typing.

Now thankfully, I haven't experienced it, and I love my Passport.

But a BlackBerry android will be garbage, note my words.

FML
    08-03-15 05:58 PM
    Two words. Double Typing.

Now thankfully, I haven't experienced it, and I love my Passport.

But a BlackBerry android will be garbage, note my words.

FML
    I think we should remain positive until BlackBerry actually announce something.

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 and MO3iusONE like this.
    08-03-15 06:10 PM
    I think we should remain positive until BlackBerry actually announce something.

Posted via CB10
    No! Never! BB OS is the best! It has the hub! And I can do things with the swiping! And and.. Owning a Blackberry means I'm all about business! Or I'm some kind of entrepreneur of some kind!! The hub!

08-03-15 07:53 PM
    No! Never! BB OS is the best! It has the hub! And I can do things with the swiping! And and.. Owning a Blackberry means I'm all about business! Or I'm some kind of entrepreneur of some kind!! The hub!

Whoa there! Easy on the Kool Aid.

Posted from an ME173X
    08-03-15 08:16 PM
    Whoa there! Easy on the Kool Aid.

Posted from an ME173X
    The only kool aid I'm drinking is the glorious blackberry flavored kool aid!

08-03-15 10:00 PM
    Who knows, you may still get a lot of those things even if BB goes Android. You may still get the Hub (although perhaps as an app), and with the BB name and logo on your phone, you can still feel like and give the impression that you mean business! 😁
    rickyrocky and krazyatom like this.
    08-04-15 02:22 AM
    Who knows, you may still get a lot of those things even if BB goes Android. You may still get the Hub (although perhaps as an app), and with the BB name and logo on your phone, you can still feel like and give the impression that you mean business! 😁
    Oh I was just kidding man, I'm totally for a blackberry device running Android, especially if it's rockin a physical keypad

08-04-15 09:32 PM
    I don't agree that the Slider is too far out if it turns out to be Android. The Android operating system could take focus off of the limitations and put it on the productivity that comes from having a keyboard. If it is as thin as the guy on Reddit says it is, I think a narrow profit margin and some Passport- level media coverage could be just enough to get them in the race. I think the expectation of small profits could be the key to Blackberry's success. However, Chen has never really worked in handsets before, so he had no idea what he was getting into with the Passport. The Classic could have been a good idea had it been coupled side-by-side with the Passport and a Leap with a little more power. No, I don't think the Leap needed to be high-powered. It's an all-touch that consumers do not really want. the all-touch market is over-saturated. But something with a decent processor, lte, and 1080p screen would have been a better bet than the downright mundane design of the Leap. This Slider could fix that if it is thin enough. I know some people are concerned about the ability to lock the keyboard, as if the keyboard is just going to jump out and start playing peek-a-boo. However, such ridiculous concerns aside, the thinness of the phone, with solid specs, no app gap, sturdy build quality, and a decent battery and a cool screen all add up to a phone too interesting to pass up with no reason to consider passing it up. The Slider could be big.
    Microsoft has tenfold the money BlackBerry has and has marketed the lumia lines and sells more than BlackBerry and even they can't make it profitable, samsung is struggling along with other android manufactures, itll take more than a curve screen and a pub to make the slider BlackBerry start the up trend

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 02:42 AM
350 ... 121314