*grabs popcorn and settles in for the night*
    What flavor? I've got enough for everyone lol

@evleaks: The Android-powered BlackBerry Venice slider infomation thread!-popcorn.jpg
    07-03-15 10:18 AM
    So does this look fully compatible with Google Play?
    07-03-15 10:20 AM
    You summed up the whole device from 1 picture.

You wizard.
    Lol, here people are deciding an entire business with one tweet
    07-03-15 10:21 AM
    This has absolutely no traces of BB10.
    Also... I don't see the sliding bit lol, until I look closer, damn.. I don't know why, I love my Passport(and bb10) but I'm so tempted..

Check Out TechCraze
    07-03-15 10:32 AM
    I am cautiously optimistic that.... @evleaks: The Android-powered BlackBerry Venice slider infomation thread!-7drhiqr.gif

Evleaks has a great track record and I don't think he would screw up his reputation just to mess with people. For whatever reason, he must strongly believe that BlackBerry will be using Android soon. Which makes me feel that BlackBerry is finally doing what should have been done immediately following the Bold 99 release.

Several of my former BlackBerry using friends who I've discussed this with are excited about the news. Hopefully this gets the hardware business back to where it needs to be.
    ionut.stanmtn and MO3iusONE like this.
    07-03-15 10:33 AM
    Welcome to androidBerry central...lol

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2339 | CB Mod
    dejanh likes this.
    07-03-15 10:49 AM
    So here is my problem with a slider.

When the keyboard is tucked in, is there an on-screen keyboard? or do I have to slide out the keyboard? The keyboard will only slide out when using the phone in portrait mode, so what happens when you're using your device in landscape mode? Use the on screen keyboard? Lastly the physical mechanics for the sliding device will take away real estate space for the battery. I should suspect the battery life to suffer because of this. My last point, when the keyboard is out, that's a massive device... I think these devices are prone to hardware failures more so then their one piece counter parts...

I still don't understand the android as the OS, if I want a Android device, I'm buying a Samsung, not a BlackBerry. Remember when Microsoft first came out with their surface tablets, in both Windows RT and Window editions, confused the hell out of customers, and sales reflected that... If BlackBerry comes out with a Android device, it will be a joint effort with Samsung to some degree. If there is a Android on the market with the name Samsung, it will sell. If the name of the front, back and sides (you know how Blackberry likes to smear their logo everywhere) is BlackBerry this device is already a failure.
    Not really, it will be Android which means more people will be open to at least consider it. Plus,.. no one ever disputes BlackBerry's ability to deliver a good physical keyboard experience,.. so considering most already know Android, the BlackBerry branding will actually be positive attribute for once.

I don't think people buy Samsung devices because they love Samsung, they just buy the most available Android devices that their carriers throw at them. The good thing about Android is how easy it is for current users to move from one manufacturer to the other without having to start from scratch, and without the 'social fear' of suddenly being 'left out' of the crowd because you couldn't get snapchat.

This greatly diminished barrier would, by itself, put an Android BlackBerry device at a huge advantage over BB10 devices.

And no... the BBOS and BB10 transition led to a much worse (and still unresolved) confusion than the windows RT debacle. 'Fortunately', since most people never even knew BB10 was anything different (or that it existed),.. moving to Android will be a very simple message, and a clear demarcation that they are 'now a modern smartphone maker'.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    07-03-15 11:02 AM
    .@akrnsv Not at all -- Venice is actually quite the looker. https://t.co/ToFgYNOuLw@evleaks: The Android-powered BlackBerry Venice slider infomation thread!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1435939674.226358.jpg
    07-03-15 11:06 AM
    That's a bit of a 'no kidding' piece of info lol. Still 0 proof it actually is running Android as of yet. Just mounting rumors...
    Is that your way of saying that the device mockups posted to this topic are probably fan-made and someone is laughing their a** off at so many people believing it to be a real device? Especially since the BBM or other BlackBerry icons are NOWHERE TO BE SEEN on that device render?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435939674.226358.jpg 
Views:	3275 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	360753
    I'd expect a real BB device render (or a fake made by someone who's brain isn't JUST filled with "photoshop skillz") to have BB branded icons up and down the dunes on that screen.
    07-03-15 11:11 AM
    What's with the arrow and the black bar just on the search icon?
    Pointing at a speaker . . . please refer to BlackBerry 10 Slider Sports Front Facing Speaker, Four Row Touch Keybaord.
    07-03-15 11:48 AM
    I'd very strongly consider an Android powered BlackBerry. I have a Nexus 7 tablet, I've gotten used to Android, I've spent money in their ecosystem, and to be completely honest when my 3-year contract with my Z10 is up, I'll be thinking about Android phones (since BlackBerry hasn't made any hint of an all-touch device since the Z30).

Give it a BlackBerry UI skin I'm even more sold. Make Blend work with it, and I'll be very happy.
    07-03-15 12:06 PM
    .@akrnsv Not at all -- Venice is actually quite the looker. https://t.co/ToFgYNOuLwClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435939674.226358.jpg 
Views:	3275 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	360753
    I'd expect a real BB device render (or a fake made by someone who's brain isn't JUST filled with "photoshop skillz") to have BB branded icons up and down the dunes on that screen.
    Anyhow, this device can't be IRL (you cannot get that 100% straigt reflexion lines). And we know how many renders ...
    Add zero BB[anything] logo and we have a pretty nice toy here IMHO.

@evleaks: The Android-powered BlackBerry Venice slider infomation thread!-capture.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-03-15 at 12:31 PM.
    Ecm likes this.
    07-03-15 12:09 PM
    I didn't think it was possible for me to not buy the upcoming slider but BlackBerry managed to prove me wrong. I have absolutely no interest in any Android phone.
    Allanon89 and tliolos like this.
    07-03-15 12:28 PM
    I would consider this, to give Android another chance. The BlackBerry suite would make it usable. I just hope I could load BB10 if I want to go back.

What the what?
    07-03-15 12:33 PM
    I don't know how accurate this is but if the slider turns out to be android, I would definitely be interested. However, my only concern is BlackBerry's ability to push updates. We get pretty regular updates on BlackBerry. At least that's been my experience on the Passport. However, new versions of Android take time and work to polish with a skin and push out to devices. Especially when you're forced to deal with carriers. Marketing on this needs to be superb. Reflexively, T-Mobile comes to mind for inspiration. Their image was terrible due to their past as an unreliable carrier. However, using marketing and demographic-specific deals, they were able to change that image. This began with the high-octane motorcycle-riding T-Mobile girl in leather. Then was skyrocketed by the contract buy-outs that have effectively changed the name of the American mobile game. So, the same can be done with BlackBerry. Make interesting, relatively cheap phones and market them as mobile ninjas.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 12:55 PM
    Several deep breaths are needed.....along with some Scotch and a few "happy" pills for some of you. Until I actually see the device in action, I see no need to draw a line in the sand. Some of us did the same thing prior to the launch of the Z10 and are still here. IMO, it's a "catch 22": the next all-BlackBerry- if there is such a device while using Android "runtime and apps" has to sell or else. The "speculated" DroidBerry Slider would also need to sell. Either way, minimal units and Chen's plan continues to move forward. Also, BlackBerry as we knew it, is no more and as alluded to earlier......no one really cares if we like it or not. So, let's actually see what the finished product is before we call it BS. Otherwise, we end up switching/returning to another platform.
    07-03-15 01:29 PM
    If that is indeed a BlackBerry render, and if they plan on including those Google apps, then this is the first official confirmation of the end of BB10 as we know it. Quite some ifs there, but looking more plausible every time I look at it.
    early2bed likes this.
    07-03-15 01:32 PM
    @evleaks: The Android-powered BlackBerry Venice slider infomation thread!-bb10-venice.jpeg

BB10

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 01:34 PM
    @evleaks: The Android-powered BlackBerry Venice slider infomation thread!-blackberry-venice-android_x.png

Or Android

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 01:34 PM
    Maybe, i don't know...we are overreacting?
    Isn't it possible that they still will make bb10 devices next to android driven devices?

So people who want the apps will have them...
    Bbry fans will stay with bb10.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 01:37 PM
    I am cautiously optimistic that.... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7drHiqr.gif 
Views:	1800 
Size:	972.9 KB 
ID:	360746

Evleaks has a great track record and I don't think he would screw up his reputation just to mess with people. For whatever reason, he must strongly believe that BlackBerry will be using Android soon. Which makes me feel that BlackBerry is finally doing what should have been done immediately following the Bold 99 release.

Several of my former BlackBerry using friends who I've discussed this with are excited about the news. Hopefully this gets the hardware business back to where it needs to be.
    Bullshi!t mate ! SONY and HTC are in trouble with sales and overpriced BB would be hit ?? no way ..... Each produced BB with android makes a new Apple user , RIP BlackBerry
    Allanon89 and eyesopen1111 like this.
    07-03-15 01:43 PM
    As long it has the hub, quick reply (the same way it is on bb10) and the blackberry virtual keyboard then it's mine!

Tbh I will still get it if it doesn't, but these would be great distinguishing features that I think bb should implement!
    07-03-15 02:03 PM
    I'll buy it because a BlackBerry rep told me that they make the best phones. And he looked honest.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582 O2 UK
    07-03-15 02:04 PM
    I hope with the slider that the top row of keys are not too close to the frame and thus hinder typing.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    07-03-15 02:06 PM
    I'll buy it because a BlackBerry rep told me that they make the best phones. And he looked honest.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582 O2 UK
    LMFAO!
    theGUNNER likes this.
    07-03-15 02:07 PM
350 ... 23456 ...