The word secure and Android don't fit together in the same line - Law of the Universe!

Posted via CB10
    You'd be surprised. Look at what BlackBerry has done with the SecuTablet:

"The tablet was designed to achieve the most stringent government security ratings for mobile devices while still allowing users to access unsecured public apps like Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter"

It has received great reviews in the security space for this technology.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-30-15 04:05 PM
    You'd be surprised. Look at what BlackBerry has done with the SecuTablet:

"The tablet was designed to achieve the most stringent government security ratings for mobile devices while still allowing users to access unsecured public apps like Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter"

It has received great reviews in the security space for this technology.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    It is/was $2400. Can the technology be made cheap enough to move units? Also what is the upgrade cycle like. Android isn't a good platform for security certifications because you need to test every revision of OS on every device. They are better off containerizing Android within BB10 IMHO.

Posted via Z30
    07-30-15 06:31 PM
    They are better off containerizing Android within BB10 IMHO.

Posted via Z30
    I would prefer that too - so long as we get Google Play Services. But OHA rules, as they are, make the two mutually exclusive.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-30-15 06:54 PM
    It will have Hub and blend

My source

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 07:31 PM
    It will have Hub and blend

My source

Posted via CB10
    That's been confirmed already

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 07:42 PM
    They question is could that "bug" access a secured container on a device? From a company standpoint if that container remains secured, then the device might be secure enough for them?

But they who's to say that if BlackBerry had 70% of the smartphone market, if "researchers" couldn't find holes in it's security? BBOS turned out not to be a secure as we all taught it was....

My biggest take away from all this, is you need a device that will get regular updates.
    At the time when bbos was viable, it was secure. It's only recently that it became vulnerable with the advancement in tech. So this statement is somewhat flawed no? Took hackers how many years to finally penetrate bbos

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 07:48 PM
    That's been confirmed already

Posted via CB10
    Well if BlackBerry goes with this plan, I will be switching to another brand. Sorry but after using android for a month and dealing with all its short comings I'd rather go with either windows or iPhone. Android was just to cumbersome. I can't explain it but it just doesn't flow like bb10 does. All these big wigs in BlackBerry have done was destroy this company with bad decisions upon bad decisions and this is what it's become today. Who would have thought that a company that once ruled in mobile tech would let themselves become this... this... whatever it is now. It's such a shame.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 07:53 PM
    Well if BlackBerry goes with this plan, I will be switching to another brand. Sorry but after using android for a month and dealing with all its short comings I'd rather go with either windows or iPhone. Android was just to cumbersome. I can't explain it but it just doesn't flow like bb10 does. All these big wigs in BlackBerry have done was destroy this company with bad decisions upon bad decisions and this is what it's become today. Who would have thought that a company that once ruled in mobile tech would let themselves become this... this... whatever it is now. It's such a shame.

Posted via CB10
    Shame !? they will do what makes company better even if you like it or not .

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 08:04 PM
    We have no idea what features will be available on BlackBerry branded phones versus the simple app suite. We'll have to wait and see. I'm guessing a significantly richer "bb10" experience on the branded phones.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Call.it what you will but it's still android no matter how you spin it.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    07-30-15 08:07 PM
    So the question remains (for me), with all the latest rumors on QNX replacing the Linux kernel on BlackBerry 's version of Android.

How does this compare to silent circle's Blackphone 2 and boeings black phone?

Aren't they both supposedly "secured" androids?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 04:28 AM
    How does this compare to silent circle's Blackphone 2 and boeings black phone?Aren't they both supposedly "secured" androids?
    Only those who have been working on Android OS-driven devices at BlackBerry Limited have an answer to such question, I suppose.

Boeing Black Smartphone
    Silent OS (Blackphone)
    09-09-15 08:16 AM
    So to put it simply, the only way for a Blackberry to have Google Play is to completely comply with OHA regulations, which means selling a near-stock Android phone and NO derivatives (no secure kernel, no BB10 devices on the side). At that point there simply nothing distinguishing Blackberry from a HTC or Xiomoni device.
    Maybe it is a vanilla android bundled with enterprise BES apps as it's only extra securing element (which should be good enough for most people) It's only purpose is to promote BlackBerry to a different audience and maybe get a few extra bucks.

Posted via CB10
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    09-13-15 09:38 AM
    Maybe it is a vanilla android bundled with enterprise BES apps as it's only extra securing element (which should be good enough for most people) It's only purpose is to promote BlackBerry to a different audience and maybe get a few extra bucks.

Posted via CB10
    But hey, latest leaks have shown it's probably gonna be more than that. ...

Which is gr8! :-)

�   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   �
    09-17-15 07:56 PM
    So the question remains (for me), with all the latest rumors on QNX replacing the Linux kernel on BlackBerry 's version of Android.

How does this compare to silent circle's Blackphone 2 and boeings black phone?

Aren't they both supposedly "secured" androids?

Posted via CB10
    The About system screen shots from the slider that leaked recently show that it is NOT a QNX kernel. Which is a shame if true!
    09-20-15 06:00 AM
    The About system screen shots from the slider that leaked recently show that it is NOT a QNX kernel. Which is a shame if true!
    True . . . as discussed in http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lider-1039008/ .

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 10:09 AM
    It is true.
    09-20-15 10:14 AM
    Grsecurity kernel sounds good to me!

Any other android with this kernel?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 02:02 AM
    You guys are all lame... My Palm Treo 650.. Never been hacked.. And probably never will!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-23-15 03:04 AM
    You guys are all lame... My Palm Treo 650.. Never been hacked.. And probably never will!!

Maybe so but noticed you had to use a Samsung smartphone device to tell us this. Can't your Treo do the same?
    09-25-15 07:08 PM
    Maybe so but noticed you had to use a Samsung smartphone device to tell us this. Can't your Treo do the same?
    I'm actually typing this from my Treo.. Running an android emulator, emulating TouchWiz.. True Story.

09-25-15 07:11 PM
70 123