I vote for "BlackBerry Shiv".

Slider phone, retractable phone, kinda like a pocket knife, retractable knife?

"Hey wanna see my Shiv?"

Weapon of mass productivity.
    Heh heh

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 02:04 PM
    Boom Shiva !
    09-24-15 02:14 PM
    I vote for "BlackBerry Shiv".

Slider phone, retractable phone, kinda like a pocket knife, retractable knife?

"Hey wanna see my Shiv?"

Weapon of mass productivity.
    Heh heh

Posted via CB10
    *shivers on reading that name*
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-24-15 02:30 PM
    Do you think phone color matters? What if it released only in Hot Pink. I mean it is only the color of the phone and doesn't in any way effect functioning. And you can always buy a case. What if it was a car? Would you buy a car called the Toil?

For most people in the world. Their phone is a part of their daily life. They look at it more than their significant other. Play games, watch movies, take it with them to dinner and bars and clubs and work. Many sleep with their smartphones. If it is considered normal for a vehicle to be an extension of one's persona (and I believe in many cases it is), than I think this goes 100X for a smartphone.

Does the name make or break the phone? - No; but naming is the low hanging fruit that you just should never get wrong. By a short sample on tech blogs and sites around the web today it does seem like 80% of the respondents think they got it wrong.
    Long.

Don't really care dude. I'm in the pub right now bout to down this cold a$$ Guinness. 1.

Posted via CB10
    DarkJoker33 and extisis like this.
    09-24-15 02:33 PM
    Tweeted both Chen and BlackBerry separately. Told 'em I'm gonna switch to tin cans and a string if they call it the bloody Priv.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 02:38 PM
    Does anyone actually remember what the BlackBerry Q10 was originally rumored to be called right up until the lunch day? X10, and no one actually figured out it was Q10. Somewhere along the way people leaked information that was wrong, this could be the case as well.

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-24-15 02:44 PM
    I-I-I-I think it's kind of cool! Venice wasn't that great to begin with.

please don't hurt me
    09-24-15 03:24 PM
    I hope in Germany it will be released as the BlackBerry Privatsph�re! Sounds great too!! ^^

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 03:47 PM
    If the name is the only thing people are finding to complain about it, I think BlackBerry should be happy.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    RyanGermann and eldricho like this.
    09-24-15 03:50 PM
    The OS ruins the phone more than just the word Priv...
    lift and extisis like this.
    09-24-15 03:59 PM
    I hope in Germany it will be released as the BlackBerry Privatsph�re! Sounds great too!! ^^

Posted via CB10
    Need to admit that sounds appealing!!

Gr��e aus L�beck

09-24-15 04:14 PM
    The OS ruins the phone more than just the word Priv...
    Bulls eye actually.

lift likes this.
    09-24-15 04:15 PM
    I just put this image in a new thread, but someone should tweet this @chen. I'm not on twitter. So bad...
    Everyone start tweeting @BlackBerry and @JohnChen . The name NEEDS to be changed.-img_20150924_170559_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 372897
    09-24-15 04:19 PM
    I-I-I-I think it's kind of cool! Venice wasn't that great to begin with.

please don't hurt me
    At first I didn't love the name, but I think the name is fine, but english isn't my native language. Then listening to the feedback of the comunity, the name seems to be too close to remembering "less glamourous" objects. So yeah, given that, priv might not be a good name, and I would be have to see it change for the future's sake of the sales of the phone.

Venice is the name i like the best so far. Such a glamourous and historic city, the city of love.
    09-24-15 04:52 PM
    Venice is the name i like the best so far. Such a glamourous and historic city, the city of love.
    For centuries, the canals in Venice used to reek of raw sewage. The name makes sense now.

There's a service called "Thunderclap" that lets lots of individuals tweet the same thing at the same time that will of course get "attention" in terms of trending hashtags etc. Perhaps maybe someone at Mobile Nations could coordinate such a thing on behalf of CrackBerry members? Hmmm?
    ayngling likes this.
    09-24-15 04:56 PM
    For centuries, the canals in Venice used to reek of raw sewage. The name makes sense now.
    That's 101% irrelevant. Who in their right mind would ever dig any name to that degree? What's relevant is what "Venice" represents in the consumer mind, and what it represents is what you see when you google for "venice"... wich is this, Beauty, Glamour, disntiction, named "the city of love":

Everyone start tweeting @BlackBerry and @JohnChen . The name NEEDS to be changed.-asd.jpg

Venice is one of the most important tourist destination in europe... and it isn't to see a bunch of turds floating in the water i'll guarantee that. Never saw a single person in any forum talling "venice" was a bad name because of that reason
    09-24-15 05:10 PM
    named "the city of love":
    I'm pretty sure that's Paris, not Venice. Type "The City of Love" into Google and a huge slab of "Paris" is right there at the top.

...but I was only kidding about Venice = Privy.

We may need to head up to Waterloo with signs and chant "Hey Hey... Ho Ho... the brand name 'Priv' has got to go..."
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-24-15 05:14 PM
    I'm pretty sure that's Paris, not Venice. Type "The City of Love" into Google and a huge slab of "Paris" is right there at the top.

...but I was only kidding about Venice = Privy.

We may need to head up to Waterloo with signs and chant "Hey Hey... Ho Ho... the brand name 'Priv' has got to go..."
    my mistake, I went back and saw that's actually "the most romantic city"... my mistake, althought it isn't that different. Of course all this is subjective, it's a matter of taste also. Never been there, it's just "what people say" and what it says in books and blogs
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-24-15 05:19 PM
    Oh Oh Oh The End of the Line ,The End of the Line .....
    09-24-15 06:20 PM
    I would call it the Omega. Fitting for what looks like the last in-house design of a phone.
    09-24-15 06:35 PM
    Hell, i got over it in a day. I just said it aloud enough times that my brain accepted it. Priv it is.
    09-24-15 06:45 PM
    I've been reading the comments sections of stories about this name online, and I've already seen 5 people say they wouldn't buy this phone on its name alone. After all the effort they've put into the Venice, we can't let them inadvertently blow it up by giving it a name so incomprehensibly horrendous. It's not too late though! Everyone start hitting up @BlackBerry and @JohnChen on twitter and tell them what you think. Seriously, start tweeting.

Bump that, I'm gonna Tweet Mr Chen and tell him the OS needs to be changed.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 06:49 PM
    If Chairman Chen gave a hoot about what customers thought, this ship would have been in much better shape.

Sadly... customers opinions don't matter a whim to him.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 08:04 PM
    Not true. Yes, the iphone is iphone, because apple only makes Iphones. But people don't just call "samsung" to samsung phones. It's more comon you hear calling S6 Edge, or Note 5, not even refering samsung, because like the "apple iphone" already knows wich brand makes "S6" or "note 5".

Can't just call "blackberry" to the priv... Because there's the blackberry passport, the blackberry classic... if you say just "blackberry", nobody knows wich one is.
    Sure they will know what it is. Especially since practically no one but the folks on here know that Blackberry even exists anymore. I am sure most don't follow all the blackberry models as they do with the other phones out there!
    09-24-15 08:12 PM
    My take on the name will be "BlackBerry Pro"
    That name will be used in their advertising slogan.
    09-24-15 09:58 PM
105 12345