great. uninstalled Zedge . the problem is now corrected. hopefully this is the only issue.
    Thx, I just did the same, ninstalled zedge and no more 'optimizing 1 app of 1'.
    05-10-18 01:16 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my dtek50 so glad I popped in to this thread for a nosey. Mine started a few weeks ago about the same time as I installed a weather app for my home screen so I might uninstall this after work today and see if things improve. ;-)

Posted via my Awesome passport
    05-11-18 12:59 AM
    Same here got rid of Transparent Weather app and finally all ok! good find!

BTW installed AccuWeather app and its is great!
    Did the same here and got rid of transparent weather app and now my phone restarts as it should. Thanks for the info all.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-12-18 12:46 AM
    I just uninstalled the Zedge app on both my phones and the problem went away!!!! 😀
    05-17-18 06:41 AM
    ZEDGE was the culprit on my PRIV. Uninstalled the brat and now my PRIV works smoothly again
    05-17-18 06:42 AM
    WTForecast was the problem for me. Bummer cause that one regularly put a smile on my face. Discovered mostly through trial and error. Checking the battery usage, as suggested in previous posts ultimately led to discovery of the culprit.
    05-30-18 06:59 PM
    Same here, Zedge...it's the habitual offender apparently lol. Thanks everyone for the great advice.
    06-06-18 10:56 AM
    Go find older versions of those apps before things got bunky
    06-06-18 07:20 PM
    for me It whas 2 apps that make my PRIV start very hard s-o maybe It whill help some of you too my problema apps:zedge and mobile.de
    06-06-18 11:50 PM
    Edit: seems like the optimizing process will count towards the apps battery consumption. So take a look at the systems battery statistics, if you want to identify the app that keeps optimizing during bootup.
    Thanks for the idea. Will try this once my phone charges. And the same for my wife's. If it works I'm buying you a beer if we ever meet.
    06-07-18 02:22 PM
    Fully charge your phone to reset the statistics. Then unplug it and restart once or twice.
    The optimizing will drain your battery but it will be counted towards the app that's being optimized. So the app with the highest battery usage is the one causing the long boot.

After uninstalling the app the battery statistics displayed Android optimization in it's place.

It's weird to see so many different updated apps causing the same trouble for us Priv users. Maybe something changed with the Android sdk causing some incompatibilities on Marshmallow? I also got notified about Google+ no longer supporting M.
    Thanks Wheeljack2... workable solution..

Posted via BB LEAP
    06-07-18 04:23 PM
    My Achilles was the MyFitnessPal app.

Uninstalled it, cleared cache, and the reboot was back to normal time.

Reinstalled it, rebooted, and back to the optimizing one app issue.

uninstalled it again, cleared cache, and the reboot was back to normal again

So it looks like MyFitnessPal will remain uninstalled on my Priv.

thanks to Wheeljack
    06-08-18 02:52 PM
    My Achilles was the MyFitnessPal app.

Uninstalled it, cleared cache, and the reboot was back to normal time.

Reinstalled it, rebooted, and back to the optimizing one app issue.

uninstalled it again, cleared cache, and the reboot was back to normal again

So it looks like MyFitnessPal will remain uninstalled on my Priv.

thanks to Wheeljack
    Same happened with me... looked for a similar app..
    06-08-18 03:05 PM
    did you find a similar app?

I actually like the MyFitnessPal, don't really want to change, I'm fine with having it on my KeyOne and not on the Priv
    06-08-18 03:09 PM
    did you find a similar app?

I actually like the MyFitnessPal, don't really want to change, I'm fine with having it on my KeyOne and not on the Priv
    My faulty app wasn't MyFitnessPal... I don't have it on my phone in first place... the one I am talking about was a sport's news app... found a similar one..
    06-08-18 03:19 PM
    My faulty app wasn't MyFitnessPal... I don't have it on my phone in first place... the one I am talking about was a sport's news app... found a similar one..
    Ok, then there must be some apps that just won't reinstall properly.

Reading the previous posts, it seemed like others were able to uninstall, reboot and then reinstall offending app(s) successfully
    06-08-18 03:30 PM

Reading the previous posts, it seemed like others were able to uninstall, reboot and then reinstall offending app(s) successfully
    Yes..you're right.. But as I read through, most have uninstalled and either didn't reinstall or found a replacement.. One or two comments were talking about reinstallation without problems.. You can try to address them.. Maybe, we are missing a step, though it's clear.. Wish you luck..
    06-08-18 03:46 PM

You know ; the problem exists with the recent app updates... if we haven't updated : we would have been OK bu now.. It seems that apps are updating for Android new versions... I will not be updating apps anymore except if they were native apps... cause one can remove updates from native apps, though removing updates will remove all updates not just the last one...
    06-08-18 03:52 PM
    good points, seems like as developers continue to update apps, they may eventually cause issues with the Priv and then if we update those apps the "optimizing one app" thing will reappear... which means we'll have to find the offending app and uninstall it... and eventually we'll have very few apps on the Priv.... like my BB10 phones ; )

I'm OK with that tho, I'm just using my Priv for media consumption now, the Passport as a Blend server.
    06-08-18 04:08 PM
    good points, seems like as developers continue to update apps, they may eventually cause issues with the Priv and then if we update those apps the "optimizing one app" thing will reappear... which means we'll have to find the offending app and uninstall it... and eventually we'll have very few apps on the Priv.... like my BB10 phones ; )

I'm OK with that tho, I'm just using my Priv for media consumption now, the Passport as a Blend server.
    Agree... this will never stop.. Customers will always be left out for newer products and software versions...
    06-08-18 04:15 PM
    Are these Optimizing app issue...also appearing after latest OTA update AAW068 ?
    06-08-18 04:24 PM
    Are these Optimizing app issue...also appearing after latest OTA update AAW068 ?
    No..
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-08-18 04:27 PM

But Marshmallow should be far from that though, after all it's still the largest share on the fragmentation pie.
    06-08-18 04:27 PM
    I'm on AAW 068, installed it when it first came available, a while back.

I just noticed the reboot issue this morning when the Priv seemed overly slow, so I cleared the cache and sat there watching the reboot process.

Generally when I reboot it, I just put it in the charger stand and walk away, so I could have had the problem for some time but I didn't notice till this morning.
    06-08-18 04:51 PM
    But Marshmallow should be far from that though, after all it's still the largest share on the fragmentation pie.
    That makes sense, we're still a long long way from the Priv being obsolete due to lack of apps, something will break before then.
    06-08-18 04:55 PM
86 1234