I have a LG V10 and just discovered that it does this also so it's not just our BB!
    05-01-18 03:41 AM
    Unfortunately you have to go through all your apps one by one until you figure out which ones are causing this. I was able to find the two that were stuck in this "optimization" check and when I uninstalled them the problem stopped. It is a bit tedious but once you find them you won't have the 20 minute delay after restarting. The two that were blocking me were Zedge and a Horoscope app.
    tw820 likes this.
    05-01-18 10:34 AM
    Fully charge your phone to reset the statistics. Then unplug it and restart once or twice.
    The optimizing will drain your battery but it will be counted towards the app that's being optimized. So the app with the highest battery usage is the one causing the long boot.

After uninstalling the app the battery statistics displayed Android optimization in it's place.

It's weird to see so many different updated apps causing the same trouble for us Priv users. Maybe something changed with the Android sdk causing some incompatibilities on Marshmallow? I also got notified about Google+ no longer supporting M.
    Thank you! I was able to see what app was causing this issue and deleted it.
    05-02-18 10:27 AM
    SOLVED !!

I read all of here and the referenced threads and such. Very useful.

I installed GSAM and listed suspects from it and from posts here.

Uninstalled GMail and YouTube apps and allowed reinstall.

Uninstalled Android System Web View app because it was the top of the list on GSAM (8.4%). Allowed reinstall.

I cleared the cache and did 32 second reboot.

NO MORE OPTIMIZING 1 APP !!!

I am grateful for you all who made this thread informative.

Still activates BT each reboot... I have no car BT...

good work sells itself...
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 05-05-18 at 01:29 PM.
    Warren77 likes this.
    05-04-18 02:48 AM
    Mine turned out to be a recent update to YouMail. When I delete it the boot problem goes away, however when I reinstall it the problem comes back! put in a support call to YouMail...
    05-04-18 01:56 PM
    I just had this rear it’s ugly head today. It’s been driving me nuts trying to figure out what caused it. Jumped on here and sure enough, I’m not the only one. I had just downloaded Zedge to my Priv last night. I got rid of it just now and the problem is solved.
    05-04-18 06:22 PM
    This happened to my two Privs so I got mad and factory reset both. I thought I was only one oh well.
    05-04-18 11:01 PM
    Unfortunately you have to go through all your apps one by one until you figure out which ones are causing this. I was able to find the two that were stuck in this "optimization" check and when I uninstalled them the problem stopped. It is a bit tedious but once you find them you won't have the 20 minute delay after restarting. The two that were blocking me were Zedge and a Horoscope app.
    How did you exactly go through all your apps? To find the culprit?

Process? Re reset and see battery list of systems usage?

Thanks
    05-05-18 04:21 AM
    In my case the problem with the optimizing app has been with the eurosport app, using gsam I've discovered it and uninstalling it the problem disappeared...
    05-05-18 09:02 AM
    Which Eurosport app exactly? I don't have any problems with the German Eurosport player.

The culprit in my case was the German app "Quizduell", originally known as "Quizkampen" in Sweden or "QuizClash" in the US and UK - according to Wikipedia. I wonder if only the German version has these problems.
    05-05-18 09:42 AM
    What exactly am I looking for in the statistics? My PRIV sometimes optimizes 1 app, sometimes 2. Problem only started in the last week or so when I had to use my PRIV for a few days while I had my KEYone screen changed.
    USE POWER CENTER to ID the high Usage apps. Uninstall, clear cache, reinstall. All better...
    megafan2000 likes this.
    05-05-18 09:58 AM
    Hey people. reporting that I have the same issue. Cannot locate since when, because I dont restart my phone every other day. I first recognized it a week ago.
    05-05-18 11:41 AM
    I uninstalled Quizduell too, restarted and still right now in the boot-longtime.

Can someone explain me step by step how I can figure out which app is causing this?
    Last edited by PloufsPuppet; 05-05-18 at 02:32 PM.
    05-05-18 02:13 PM
    How did you exactly go through all your apps? To find the culprit?

Process? Re reset and see battery list of systems usage?

Thanks
    The battery usage didn't seem to help me as the others in this thread indicated, so I went through the most recently updated ones first and basically I uninstalled and restarted until I found which ones where causing the problem. I reinstalled the ones that had no effect. No more optimizing apps 😀!
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-05-18 02:49 PM
    I"m having tthe same problem since a few weeks ago. Since I never had any issue like this before and many other users have only been experiencing this in the last week's the question remains whether this is caused by a BlackBerry App update (like the recent Launcher problem or whether it is an Android/Google issue.
    05-05-18 03:41 PM
    I"m having tthe same problem since a few weeks ago. Since I never had any issue like this before and many other users have only been experiencing this in the last week's the question remains whether this is caused by a BlackBerry App update (like the recent Launcher problem or whether it is an Android/Google issue.
    Maybe a comment G PlayStore on HUB and HUB+suite mentioning the issue. As BlackBerry devs do read these comments.
    05-05-18 04:52 PM
    is it enough to deactivate apps or do i have to install them?
    05-05-18 05:13 PM
    I just uninstalled the Zedge app on both my phones and the problem went away!!!! 😀
    05-05-18 09:31 PM
    Found the app: transparent weather and clock. Used older apk from backup and now all is fine
    05-06-18 06:41 PM
    Hi. The issue of optimising app was caused by Truecaller app in my phone..uninstalled the same and no more optimising .
    05-07-18 05:41 AM
    USE POWER CENTER to ID the high Usage apps. Uninstall, clear cache, reinstall. All better...
    This worked. My app was the latest update of Daily Horoscope.

Steps that worked for me:
    1) fully charge PRIV, unplug
    2) reboot once or twice letting the optimization process happen
    3) settings -> battery - app that has drained the most is because of the optimization process
    4) uninstall those apps
    5) reboot to confirm that they were the problem app
    6) clear cache if wish
    7) reinstall app
    8) reboot to confirm no more optimization
    Rico4you and Warren77 like this.
    05-07-18 04:48 PM
    Found the app: transparent weather and clock. Used older apk from backup and now all is fine
    Same here got rid of Transparent Weather app and finally all ok! good find!

BTW installed AccuWeather app and its is great!
    05-08-18 06:40 AM

U can use the older apk and its fine too
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-08-18 03:00 PM

Give myradar a try. Good stuff
    05-09-18 01:14 AM
    NWS app is good and lightweight for US users
    05-09-18 09:19 AM
86 1234