Annoying, takes a VERY long time, what to do?
    04-20-18 10:55 AM
    Annoying, takes a VERY long time, what to do?
    Why are you turning your device off?
    04-20-18 10:57 AM
    Why are you turning your device off?
    In this particular instance, the barttery was dead from long use and device shut down. It has, however, happened a few other times in the last few days. It has NEVER happened before.
    04-20-18 11:06 AM
    In this particular instance, the barttery was dead from long use and device shut down. It has, however, happened a few other times in the last few days. It has NEVER happened before.
    Bottom line is that you can't do anything about it.
    04-20-18 11:13 AM
    This has been happening to me as well. Never happened before and for the last two days I get this "optimizing apps" message when starting up and it takes about 15-20 minutes to complete.
    04-20-18 03:27 PM
    Same issue for me too. The issue started since the last update which was a few days back. Further, battery started draining fast. Any solution to the issue
    04-21-18 01:26 AM
    I actually noticed it starting to do this in the past out-of-nowhere update, BUT I think overall the boot time has not changed. I noticed the phone spent less time doing the triangle/square/circle thing once this appeared. It used to be that it spins a really long time in that before the BlackBerry Android bot showed up and boots straight to the home screen from there.
    04-21-18 08:45 AM
    It started doing this seven days ago. It takes ten minutes to start.
    04-22-18 05:32 AM
    I was also having the same issue for the past week anytime I restarted my Priv. I was finally able to get rid of the optimization 1 app of 1 by trial and error. I started by cleaning my cached data, along with the cache and data on apps that I use. I then started disabling some apps that had recently been updated. I finally narrowed it down to a meme generator app that I used. Uninstalled the meme generator app and I'm no longer having the optimization issue and taking 10 minutes for the device to start.
    04-22-18 07:39 PM
    I was also having the same issue for the past week anytime I restarted my Priv. I was finally able to get rid of the optimization 1 app of 1 by trial and error. I started by cleaning my cached data, along with the cache and data on apps that I use. I then started disabling some apps that had recently been updated. I finally narrowed it down to a meme generator app that I used. Uninstalled the meme generator app and I'm no longer having the optimization issue and taking 10 minutes for the device to start.
    I guess having your Priv boot up normally is more important than generating memes
    04-23-18 05:55 AM
    Hahaha! So very true! On the plus side I still have a lot of google apps still disabled, and my battery life has been outstanding.
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    04-23-18 07:04 AM
    Uninstall whatever app is causing it. I started a post about this about a week or 2 ago. Happened to me with a updated version of a app I use
    P.s. let it finish what it's doing than uninstall it. Don't cut it off like I did cause I thought I as screwed cause it was helpless when in that mode.
    I suspect it has to do that the updated versions of the app were optimized with nougat etc in mind
    04-23-18 04:05 PM
    didn't change anything & started after so called update to OS a coupl'a weeks back... did that update get done to break stuff to get the few dozen Priv holdouts to give in ??
    04-26-18 06:01 PM
    happening to me too . ever since update a few days ago with new blackberry launcher. 22 app updates on that day when there is usually 2
    04-27-18 06:45 PM
    yep me too right after that update we received!
    04-27-18 07:05 PM
    great. uninstalled Zedge . the problem is now corrected. hopefully this is the only issue.
    RonW3 likes this.
    04-28-18 06:30 AM
    great. uninstalled Zedge . the problem is now corrected. hopefully this is the only issue.
    Thanks uninstalling Zedge fixed one of the problems. Have to figure out what the other "optimizing app" is
    04-28-18 02:30 PM
    I haven't installed anything since it began or two apparently provoke it's starting up and I would surely love to know what's causing it
    04-28-18 04:16 PM
    Still trying to figure out which app keeps optimizing on my Priv. It's an STV100-4 and still on AAQ280.
    Right now I'm hoping for the possible system update to properly clean up the dalvik cache.

Edit: seems like the optimizing process will count towards the apps battery consumption. So take a look at the systems battery statistics, if you want to identify the app that keeps optimizing during bootup.
    Last edited by Wheeljack2k; 04-29-18 at 04:08 AM.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    04-29-18 02:27 AM
    So take a look at the systems battery statistics, if you want to identify the app that keeps optimizing during bootup.
    What exactly am I looking for in the statistics? My PRIV sometimes optimizes 1 app, sometimes 2. Problem only started in the last week or so when I had to use my PRIV for a few days while I had my KEYone screen changed.
    04-29-18 03:42 PM
    What exactly am I looking for in the statistics?
    Fully charge your phone to reset the statistics. Then unplug it and restart once or twice.
    The optimizing will drain your battery but it will be counted towards the app that's being optimized. So the app with the highest battery usage is the one causing the long boot.

After uninstalling the app the battery statistics displayed Android optimization in it's place.

It's weird to see so many different updated apps causing the same trouble for us Priv users. Maybe something changed with the Android sdk causing some incompatibilities on Marshmallow? I also got notified about Google+ no longer supporting M.
    megafan2000 and Wrec like this.
    04-29-18 04:03 PM
    Can I reinstall that app after identifying the culprit? Obviously I would make sure everything else was properly optimized before reinstalling.
    04-29-18 04:11 PM
    Sadly no.
    Even the installation itself will take 5-10 minutes.
    Something with those apps got broken.
    04-29-18 04:14 PM
    There's several apps. Can't just pinpoint it to 1. Not sure why it's happening with some apps. My guess (just a guess) is maybe they updated the apps with nougat or oreo in mind and it's causing hell on marshmallow. Long shot but it's a theory.
    04-30-18 01:56 AM
    I also am plagued with this problem for a few weeks now. on Verizon, so no system update (of course), but lately huge numbers of app updates, often the same app updating within days. anyone know if this is a blackberry only issue or has it happened on other android marshmallow devices?
    04-30-18 02:11 AM
86 123 ...