Just had the random, but obvious thought. Twitter, youtube celebs get paid by corporations to subtly sell products as normaly marketing tactics now. That is totally what is happening here right?

thoughts?
    09-23-15 11:23 PM
    I'm not saying it's impossible, but it would be more effective to leak something through Louis Hamilton. He's already affiliated with BlackBerry. Why not make him grab a phone and slide out the keyboard right after his win?

Posted via CB10
    powereds likes this.
    09-23-15 11:29 PM
    thoughts?
    Take off the tinfoil hat. Evan has leaks from all over the place.. right before the BlackBerry one, he leaked a bunch of stuff from HTC and he's been well known for leaking things from pretty much every manufacturer for years. Why is everyone always so hell bent on conspiracy theories around here? Serious question. I'll never understand.

PS: The US never landed on the moon.
    09-23-15 11:30 PM
    Bla1ze,

It's not a crazy conspiracy theory... not sure where you are getting that. He is leaking accurate info. I'm sure other companies are paying him too. Its a marketing strategy now. I work with a very very large retail company and someone their marketing department told me that they pay youtube stars all the time to wear and promote the things they sell... of as leaks, unboxings, etc etc.

Why is that crazy? Everything he is leaking seems real...? why wouldnt you get paid if you had a platform to release information to many people. Obviously its not definitely true, but I know he wants to monetize his platform. He has said as much in the past. Seems reasonable. I know its normal practice now in other industries...
    09-23-15 11:42 PM
    im not suggesting we have a dual booting qnx hypervisor situation here. its a cool android phone that has some blackberry branding and hopefully hardening. and its a weird slider that could be awesome? Im just saying it might be possible that blackberry marketing is slick enough to do some work through evan... maybe that is nuts from what we know about blackberry marketing
    09-23-15 11:44 PM
    h4zn,

while that would be slick... it might be harder for marketing to reach out to a f1 race car driver and request this compared to say working with someone who was already doing product info releasing for money already? Obviously they can setup photo shoots and comercials with a driver... but flying in a phone and doing something live after a win is a bit more complicated of an affair? Cool idea though, just maybe tough or expensive to execute?
    09-23-15 11:49 PM
    Take off the tinfoil hat. Evan has leaks from all over the place.. right before the BlackBerry one, he leaked a bunch of stuff from HTC and he's been well known for leaking things from pretty much every manufacturer for years. Why is everyone always so hell bent on conspiracy theories around here? Serious question. I'll never understand.

How does he get so much info?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 12:13 AM
    I'm not saying it's impossible, but it would be more effective to leak something through Louis Hamilton. He's already affiliated with BlackBerry. Why not make him grab a phone and slide out the keyboard right after his win?

Posted via CB10
    Let's just say that BlackBerry is paying him to leak it, now why in the world would BlackBerry go with Louis Hamilton to leak something about this phone? For marketing yes but most definitely not for leaks.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 12:16 AM
    Blass.
    09-24-15 12:18 AM
    Take off the tinfoil hat. Evan has leaks from all over the place...

Yes we did for the record. Couple times.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 06:18 AM
    More than a couple of times... 6 to be exact. Would've been 7 if not for Apollo 13
    09-24-15 07:30 AM
    Never underestimate a Crackberry forum user's powers of misinterpretation!

Posted via CB10
    LazyEvul likes this.
    09-24-15 07:32 AM
    He probably isn't but whoever is his source is.
    At the same time, he probably likes the attention and therefore won't leak all the info he has at once
    09-24-15 07:38 AM
    Yes we did for the record. Couple times.

Posted via CB10
    I feel bad you took that somewhat seriously heh.
    eldricho, MB64, LazyEvul and 1 others like this.
    09-25-15 05:02 AM
    Was expecting this to happen lol

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and MB64 like this.
    09-25-15 05:22 AM
    I feel even worse you took me seriously taking you seriously Mr. Bla1ze.

Posted via CB10
    MB64 likes this.
    09-25-15 06:08 AM
    Jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams.

Posted via CB10 with my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    09-25-15 07:33 AM
    I feel even worse you took me seriously taking you seriously Mr. Bla1ze.

Posted via CB10
    Haha! Touch.
    MB64 likes this.
    09-25-15 09:58 AM
    I don't know if he is getting paid...but BlackBerry sure did have a quick comeback on the name being leaked.
    09-25-15 10:02 AM
    I don't know if he is getting paid...but BlackBerry sure did have a quick comeback on the name being leaked.
    You can say that again.
    09-25-15 10:10 AM
    You can say that again.
    Yep, and this now proves that my views on BlackBerry Marketing are wrong. They're TOTALLY on call 24/7 to respond to these vicious "leaks!"

KAM
    09-25-15 10:30 AM
    Yep, and this now proves that my views on BlackBerry Marketing are wrong. They're TOTALLY on call 24/7 to respond to these vicious "leaks!"

KAM
    Hopefully they are able to cap the leak sources.
    09-25-15 10:38 AM
    Hopefully they are able to cap the leak sources.
    Well, that would be a good for a company that touts security. However, I'd also like them to start reaching out to potential customers and existing fans and give us real information to be excited and enthusiastic about.

KAM
    09-25-15 10:46 AM
    You mean the:

"Yesterday we awoke to the news that the name of our newest smartphone was leaked to the public prior to its official launch later this year. At a time when your personal privacy is increasingly compromised, we wanted you to know that you are not alone.

We found this breach of privacy extraordinary, and at the same time the best demonstration as to why BlackBerry's products, technology and brand are essential to the world.

In recognition of our long history of valuing our customers' privacy we've named our next generation phone Priv, a name that has tremendous value for everyone worldwide.

We are so thankful to the BlackBerry Community for all their support."

Message?

I still don't get how having one's own information leaked is supposed to inspire confidence that I can prevent others' information from being leaked.

These guys take the cake on marketing 'genius'. Do they even think past the first level interpretation of anything they do, don't do, say or don't say?

Or is this just some sort of dry Canadian sense of humor?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 10:50 AM
    You mean the:

Message?

I still don't get how having one's own information leaked is supposed to inspire confidence that I can prevent others' information from being leaked.

These guys take the cake on marketing 'genius'. Do they even think past the first level interpretation of anything they do, don't do, say or don't say?

Or is this just some sort of dry Canadian sense of humor?

Posted via CB10
    No I'm still wondering what point they were trying to make...

I can live with the Priv name as I never call my Z10 a Z10... it's a BlackBerry. But if this is their idea of marketing Privacy.... Chen needs to spend some more money on a better market team... or we'll have something worse than that Super Bowl ad.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-25-15 11:36 AM