I've been an avid user of ES File Explorer ever since I got my LG G3 early last year and continued using it when I switched to the Priv a month or so back. One of the niggles I had with my Priv was with lag, many simple operations such as returning to the homescreen or switching between running apps would take longer than I thought they should. When Verizon released the April update this helped somewhat, but didn't get rid of the problem completely.

After the negative press with ES FE of late I decided last night to uninstall it and reboot my Priv, guess what, after using it for almost a full day since I can say that 99% of the lag on my device has gone. I know it's not the reboot as I normally do this several times a week anyway. Only change I've made is to remove ES File Explorer.

If you have ES FE on your phone and are experiencing lag, uninstall it and reboot then see if it improves. Personally, I'll be using Solid Explorer from now on.

I don't like to be negative about an app, but I can't in good conscience not share this experience so others can make their own minds up.
    05-11-16 02:59 PM
    That's why I like it when the phone already has a native file manager built in. I don't like having to use a third party app. Thanks for the heads up though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22, Bluenoser63, maxivn and 1 others like this.
    05-11-16 03:23 PM
    This is something for anyone having lag issues to look at. It seems it not only affects Priv but other Android devices.

Posted via my Priv
    russnash likes this.
    05-11-16 05:36 PM
    The title of this thread should be changed to include that you are talking about their FREE version of the app. Be accurate. People being negative and complaining about a FREE app. SMH. Crazy. Everyone want to get something out of a transaction. People know for years about the bloat and ads of this version of the app, yet these cheap Charlies just can't miss a few coins. $2,99 if I remember correctly? What's that? A bag of Lay's chips? I put more coins in the ticket machine of the parking lot every day. If topic starter wouldn't be a cheap Charlie and just got the pro version for $2,99 this thread wouldn't even exist. Never EVER noticed any lag, ads, bloat whatever with the PRO version. I tried pretty much all file managers, the PRO version of ES Explorer is the best I found.
    05-11-16 05:38 PM
    The title of this thread should be changed to include that you are talking about their FREE version of the app. Be accurate. People being negative and complaining about a FREE app. SMH. Crazy. Everyone want to get something out of a transaction. People know for years about the bloat and ads of this version of the app, yet these cheap Charlies just can't miss a few coins. $2,99 if I remember correctly? What's that? A bag of Lay's chips? I put more coins in the ticket machine of the parking lot every day. If topic starter wouldn't be a cheap Charlie and just got the pro version for $2,99 this thread wouldn't even exist. Never EVER noticed any lag, ads, bloat whatever with the PRO version. I tried pretty much all file managers, the PRO version of ES Explorer is the best I found.
    He can complain if his FREE version of Solid Explorer doesn't lag.

05-11-16 05:43 PM
    If you put that $2.99 in your 401k you could retire 43 minutes sooner.

Last time I bought a pro app for $2.99 I wanted my money back. But in most cases the pro versions are worth the money if it is heavily used.

russnash, FF22 and maxivn like this.
    05-11-16 05:45 PM
    http://acurrie.me/2014/11/03/how-to-...ndroid-device/

This could be a cause for concern. It's a couple years old but not sure if ES fixed this issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 05:51 PM
    Before passing judgement you neglected to ask the qualifying question sir.

I've been running the paid version of ES FE since about a week after I originally installed it. This concerns the paid version.

Also, for the record, I paid for Solid Explorer today. I always pay for apps if I find them useful. Hard work should be rewarded in my opinion.
    gebco, gizmo21, underway99 and 2 others like this.
    05-11-16 05:55 PM
    Well if the free version sucks, why would anyone pay for the pro?

05-11-16 10:37 PM
    ES File has gone downhill ever since they bundled a bunch of useless crap like RAM 'cleaner' and a horde of useless notification ads and being bought by a Chinese company. Stray away from it and do not use the paid one which isn't any better. I suggest Cabinet and even Solid Explorer and maybe once B1 Archiver but that's been tarnished as well with me using a apk of an older version where it was adfree and you didn't have a limitations on how many zips you could unzip

Posted via the CrackBerry App via my BlackBerry Priv where I am out of toilet paper
    gizmo21 and howarmat like this.
    05-11-16 11:02 PM
    Well if the free version sucks, why would anyone pay for the pro?

It used to be a really good app until it was sold on to another developer.
    05-12-16 05:10 AM
    The developer now owned by Baidu, the Chinese largest search engine who also control DU series app. As a result, now their priority could be collect as much user data as possible to enhance Ads delivery. So for me, the major concern is potential privacy invasion.

05-12-16 05:31 AM
    FX file Explorer is quite good, total commander too...

05-12-16 05:42 AM