I can no longer see any email in the hub for my gmail account. I used the migration tool to move from z10 to priv. After the initial setup of the gmail account, it took about 12 hours to see any email. Then I was seeing 2-3 copies of each email and norrowed it down to treating email in important and all mail folders as separate email from the inbox. I tried de selecting those folder from folder sync options, but it didn't remove the folders and the duplicate messages. So I deleted and recreated the account and now nothing is showing up after a day. I have updated all blackberry apps and services to the latest versions. Please don't tell me I have to wipe to get email to work properly in the hub. If it is a data corruption issue due to the migration tool or a bug with deleting and recreating accounts, Blackberry, please come up with a fix and a tool to clean the bad data. I'm sure I won't be the only one with this issue. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 07:38 AM
    I can no longer see any email in the hub for my gmail account. I used the migration tool to move from z10 to priv. After the initial setup of the gmail account, it took about 12 hours to see any email. Then I was seeing 2-3 copies of each email and norrowed it down to treating email in important and all mail folders as separate email from the inbox. I tried de selecting those folder from folder sync options, but it didn't remove the folders and the duplicate messages. So I deleted and recreated the account and now nothing is showing up after a day. I have updated all blackberry apps and services to the latest versions. Please don't tell me I have to wipe to get email to work properly in the hub. If it is a data corruption issue due to the migration tool or a bug with deleting and recreating accounts, Blackberry, please come up with a fix and a tool to clean the bad data. I'm sure I won't be the only one with this issue. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Make sure you update all the "BlackBerry Limited" apps from Play store to start.
    Turn sync to "Never" in each email and make sure "Push" is on. Don't create desktop icon. Double check folder sync settings.
    Also dont use Gmail app. Just delete that.

You may want to delete accounts and start over again. Be very careful when checking and un-checking. I found if finger got close to screen it would check or uncheck by accident...

Posted from my Priv!
    11-12-15 07:42 AM
    While I appreciate your attempts at providing guidance, I don't think this addresses the specific issue/bug I am experiencing. Some additional information: it appears that the account is actively synching and email is coming in (it took time to synch and the device got warm), however the email is not exposed to the client. I suspect it is related to folders. I have checked folders for synch (exluding favorites and all mail folders), however no folders are showing up for selection when viewing the account, in the top menu as it did before.

By the way, the priv is a fantastic device, however the hub is incomplete and buggy. Part of the joys of early adoption.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 08:35 AM
    Issue resolved: I went into the hub and blackberry services application setting and cleared all data and cache from both. This removed all of my accounts. I recreated all my accounts, and my gmail is now showing in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robmac81; 11-19-15 at 11:34 PM.
    roundwound5 likes this.
    11-12-15 10:49 PM
    Hey Rob experiencing the same problem here. Where did u go to, to find BlackBerry Services to clear out the cache? Thanks!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 01:38 AM
    Under settings, apps

11-13-15 01:45 AM
    Awesome. Thanks Scott!! Going to cross my fingers that this fixes the problem

11-13-15 01:50 AM
    It worked!! Thanks again for the fix, Rob!

11-13-15 01:55 AM
    While I appreciate your attempts at providing guidance, I don't think this addresses the specific issue/bug I am experiencing. Some additional information: it appears that the account is actively synching and email is coming in (it took time to synch and the device got warm), however the email is not exposed to the client. I suspect it is related to folders. I have checked folders for synch (exluding favorites and all mail folders), however no folders are showing up for selection when viewing the account, in the top menu as it did before.

By the way, the priv is a fantastic device, however the hub is incomplete and buggy. Part of the joys of early adoption.

Posted via CB10
    Can you do me a favor and tell me how many folders you were trying to sync, and roughly how many messages would have been in those folder? I'm also assuming you started using content transfer to setup your email accounts from within the device "welcome" screens...am I correct?

I think most of the issues folks are reporting here around email sync/text message sync are all the same underlying issue, and I'm thinking we might have the root cause already identified and some fixes/improvements coming soon. Just want to try and back check with as many people as possible.
    11-13-15 12:12 PM
    I'm having the same issue. I deleted a google apps account and tried to re-add it using the active sync in mobile and then the emails stopped syncing all together. It actually has caused most email to stop syncing in the hub. I may have to start fresh with all new accounts in the hub.
    11-13-15 04:17 PM
    Can you do me a favor and tell me how many folders you were trying to sync, and roughly how many messages would have been in those folder? I'm also assuming you started using content transfer to setup your email accounts from within the device "welcome" screens...am I correct?

I think most of the issues folks are reporting here around email sync/text message sync are all the same underlying issue, and I'm thinking we might have the root cause already identified and some fixes/improvements coming soon. Just want to try and back check with as many people as possible.
    Thank you for your help and candor. It has been 6 hours and I have no new email in my Hub.nonstop data and battery dies in three to four hours with huge amount of heat. Help.

11-13-15 05:45 PM
    I think I fixed the problem. I stopped the conversation and nested view. Within five minutes all email started working and data up down stopped. Battery much better. Try it.

11-13-15 07:22 PM
    Mine won't sync at all anymore. I cleared the hub and tried to start fresh and nothing is working. I'm afraid I may have to completely wipe the phone and start from scratch. Not looking forward to it.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 06:49 PM
    Mine won't sync at all anymore. I cleared the hub and tried to start fresh and nothing is working. I'm afraid I may have to completely wipe the phone and start from scratch. Not looking forward to it.

Posted via CB10
    Don't redo. Just shutoff the conversation view. And the nested view. Fixed everything

11-14-15 06:59 PM
    Unfortunately that still didn't resolve my issues. The hub just doesn't seem to work for me.

It worked when I did the initial content transfer but then stopped shortly after.

Text messages don't appear quickly and they don't have names attached just the number. Email doesn't update. Email only works if I have 1 single account in the hub which for me defeats the purpose. I am carrying around my Z30 connecting to wifi with all the email accounts active just so I can receive and reply to email.

I'm not upset at all as I know it will only get better from here. I'm sure they are working on all kinds of issues at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 10:30 AM
    Has anyone seen pictures of the new 8800 series?
    You used content transfer? Did you transfer both email accounts and text messages? Did you start the transfer from the startup wizard?

I'd suggest you delete the accounts (settings - apps - Hub/BlackBerry Services - clear data & cache). Make sure you've updated Hub and BlackBerry Services to the latest versions in Google play (manually search for Hub). Go into Hub and manually add the accounts. Try from there. Content transfer seems to be causing issues when it's transferring large amounts of texts and starts the sync on the older version of Hub that wasn't optimized.
    11-16-15 12:34 AM
    When I originally loaded up the Priv I did use the content transfer app to load everything. I updated all apps once I was through the setup process. Since then I have cleared the hub multiple times and tried re-adding from scratch. The most successful I had of it pulling most data in was adding one account at a time and letting it sit 6-8 hours between accounts. This worked to get the data in but then no new emails would be received. Text messages are 3-4 maybe more messages lagging. I uninstalled the hub updates and tried again but still no luck. Since then I have completely wiped the hub and am currently using outlook to manage my email accounts. If I go in the hub I can see Facebook, text messages(without names, just numbers) that are still several messages behind and BBM which is current. Rebooting doesn't help either. I'm open to other suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    MGO likes this.
    11-16-15 05:02 AM
    You used content transfer? Did you transfer both email accounts and text messages? Did you start the transfer from the startup wizard?

I'd suggest you delete the accounts (settings - apps - Hub/BlackBerry Services - clear data & cache). Make sure you've updated Hub and BlackBerry Services to the latest versions in Google play (manually search for Hub). Go into Hub and manually add the accounts. Try from there. Content transfer seems to be causing issues when it's transferring large amounts of texts and starts the sync on the older version of Hub that wasn't optimized.
    I have tried all these strategies. My Priv sits at home on my home desk on wifi transferring huge amounts of data with NO new email coming into Hub. A very expensive paperweight. What a shame.
    11-17-15 01:49 PM
    I have tried all these strategies. My Priv sits at home on my home desk on wifi transferring huge amounts of data with NO new email coming into Hub. A very expensive paperweight. What a shame.
    I call a little BS that you have done everything including reinstalling OS and updating all BlackBerry Limited Priv apps after reinstall OS. Then adding email accounts in hub. Then setting sync to Never for gmail...
    Also go through every app and stop push update data like on sports and weather apps.
    Maybe defective but have my doubts.
    Phone BlackBerry Support and they can walk you through it if you don't know how.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-17-15 02:01 PM
    I call a little BS that you have done everything including reinstalling OS and updating all BlackBerry Limited Priv apps after reinstall OS. Then adding email accounts in hub. Then setting sync to Never for gmail...
    Also go through every app and stop push update data like on sports and weather apps.
    Maybe defective but have my doubts.
    Phone BlackBerry Support and they can walk you through it if you don't know how.

Posted from my Priv!
    Do not understand what part you find to be a "little BS"? What have I not done??? All apps updated after a wipe. Manually installed Gmail in the Hub and set Sync to never? Please be specific. What should I do differently? There are 4 other threads here with writers contacting BB support and getting a lot of hand holding but no resolution. I am all ears and fingers to get my Priv working but please be specific if there is something that you think I should do and have not.
    11-17-15 07:47 PM
    Mind if you give a bit more details?

Is this a high load email account? Are you configuring it to sync everything?

After you delete app data, and add the account yourself, what happens if you leave it to the default number of days to sync, and default folder settings?
    11-17-15 08:15 PM
    Gmail account with emails back to 2007. Heavy volume of emails. I did wipe the phone and manually added the account to the Hub with the Gmail native app both on and off. Made no difference with defaults.
    11-17-15 08:21 PM
    After the wipe, did you go to google play and update?

Defaults for adding gmail on mine is 7 days email sync interval though... If it's choking on 7 days, there's something wrong with it.
    11-17-15 08:31 PM
    All apps updated including hub and bb services and all the rest.
    11-17-15 09:25 PM
    If that's the case, you probably want to let BlackBerry support know.

I add 2 gmail account with similar age, but probably less intense emails. Set it to sync forever. Email shows up....
    11-17-15 10:03 PM
41 12