Gang, couldn't find this in the forum, flame away if I missed it.

Best Buy has two Privs for sale with a significant price difference, and I'm trying to figure out if the cheaper one is really an ATT-branded carrier-unlocked phone versus factory unlocked. The price difference as of tonight is significant--$369 for SKU 5434100, $649 for SKU 4692800. I had online chats with two different Best Buy folks, and they both insisted they were both factory unlocked--the online description is simply Unlocked. The cheaper one's specs say NFC, the more expensive one does not (though it has slightly longer use time.) I think the cheaper one's specs match up with everything I've checked at ShopBlackberry--including the Snapdragon 808 processor, while the more expensive one is said to have an ARM Cortex (?). The physical dimensions are ever so slightly different.

Never came across this situation in phones before, with differences of this type despite having the same model number, STV100-1 (though only one is listed at STV100-1 BLK).

Oh, and the cheaper one has just one review--in which the reviewer says it is an AT&T unlocked phone with an AT&T logo on the back. Obviously my concern is getting updates directly from Blackberry. Reactions? I'll try posting a comparison link in a separate comment.

The second guy I chatted with said the one SKU was an older version than the other, but sorry, I forget which is which.
    anon(9733642) likes this.
    08-19-16 09:41 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=omdCFmsH

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=ObDpCN5E

Sorry, couldn't get the comparison link to work. Cheapie is one top, pricier one on the bottom.
    Last edited by Chriscom78; 08-19-16 at 09:54 PM.
    08-19-16 09:43 PM
    Yeah...my advice would be your only guarantee is buying from BlackBerry. BestBuy doesn't have the phone in stock. Possible the $369 is unused but open box. Who knows, plus if you order direct from BlackBerry you can save yourself the traffic on 611 picking it up at the store. That's worth the extra money alone. How that BestBuy is still open is mind blowing.
    08-19-16 10:30 PM
    Shop Blackberry has the FACTORY UNlocked for a reasonable price at this time, I believe. Check it out. Buy only if you can return without any issues from Best Buy.
    08-19-16 10:30 PM
    Thanks for the responses. FWIW, the guy I discussed this in detail with insisted the cheaper one was not open box (and that both were new 100% unused phones). I definitely am eyeing the current discount of $499 at Blackberry.
    08-19-16 10:36 PM