@BB_RobertL

Shouldn't my DTEK app show "camera" and "video" in this list? DTEK on Priv not tracking camera and video usage-screenshot_20190207-004343.jpeg
    02-07-19 03:14 AM
    Mine is setup the same
    02-07-19 07:35 PM
    Mine is setup the same
    Good to know I am not the only one.
    DTEK should also show "camera" and "video". Here is a screenshot from the original version of DTEK after unistalling the current version.DTEK on Priv not tracking camera and video usage-screenshot_20190207-003208.jpeg
    02-07-19 08:42 PM
    Interesting just checked it on my Key2 definitely different than the PRIV
    Jake2826 likes this.
    02-07-19 08:47 PM
    Go into DTEK, click on events click on the cog wheel top right, click on sensitive permissions adjust accordingly.
    02-07-19 11:10 PM
    Go into DTEK, click on events click on the cog wheel top right, click on sensitive permissions adjust accordingly.
    I tried that. Thanks. "Camera" and "Video" is not there. Something is definitely wrong. I haven't gotten any response from BlackBerry here or on Twitter. We'll see what they say.
    02-08-19 01:37 AM
    I tried that. Thanks. "Camera" and "Video" is not there. Something is definitely wrong. I haven't gotten any response from BlackBerry here or on Twitter. We'll see what they say.
    Have you tried the long reset. power down with the power button and the volume down button. Then continue to hold the buttons for 30 seconds or until the 4th reboot starts.

That clears out some of the system junk files but if you have already done that. I am puzzled as well
    02-08-19 03:30 AM
    Have you tried the long reset. power down with the power button and the volume down button. Then continue to hold the buttons for 30 seconds or until the 4th reboot starts.

That clears out some of the system junk files but if you have already done that. I am puzzled as well
    Yes. Thank you. It seems that this is simply another bug in the DTEK app that needs to be fixed. Albeit, a very important bug in my opinion. Hopefully Robert from BlackBerry will chime in soon.
    02-08-19 03:35 PM
    Still not working on my PRIV after latest DTEK update. Latest version that I can find that tracks all permissions is 1.1.3.376
    @BB_RobertL
    03-29-19 08:56 PM
    Hey @Jake2826, Was hoping to get the full story here before I responded to you as this predates me taking over the app. I am still waiting on some additional info. I'll come back to this thread when I have the details I need to respond properly. Thanks for letting me know which version is the last version that shows those permissions though that will help out for sure.
    Cheers,
    Robert
    DTEK Product Manager
    Jake2826 likes this.
    04-03-19 03:43 PM
    @Jake2826 with the latest DTEK can you go into Apps and then some 3rd party application and let me know what permissions are listed as trackable please. Any app that didn't come pre-installed on the device would be fine. Also, are you able to share the OS version of your device?
    04-04-19 07:58 AM
    [QUOTE=BB_RobertL;13372238]@Jake2826 with the latest DTEK can you go into Apps and then some 3rd party application and let me know what permissions are listed as trackable please. Any app that didn't come pre-installed on the device would be fine. Also, are you able to share the OS version of your device?[/QUOTE @BB_RobertL

Here are screenshots of my device using the latest version of DTEK from the Play Store that does not show all permissions. I also show my device information.

In my next post, I will show screenshots using the last proper working DTEK version that I could find for my device that shows all permissions.DTEK on Priv not tracking camera and video usage-notable-00079.jpegDTEK on Priv not tracking camera and video usage-notable-00080.jpegDTEK on Priv not tracking camera and video usage-notable-00081.jpegDTEK on Priv not tracking camera and video usage-notable-00082.jpeg
    04-08-19 01:45 AM
    @BB_RobertL

See the above post for screenshots using the latest DTEK version.

The following screenshots are from the last DTEK version that seems to work correctly on my device.DTEK on Priv not tracking camera and video usage-notable-00073.jpegDTEK on Priv not tracking camera and video usage-notable-00074.jpegDTEK on Priv not tracking camera and video usage-notable-00075.jpegDTEK on Priv not tracking camera and video usage-notable-00077.jpegDTEK on Priv not tracking camera and video usage-notable-00078.jpeg
    04-08-19 01:52 AM
    Over a month now since last post, any news on that? My Priv behaves exactly the same on newer DTEK versions, just noticed it again today using cam and was waiting for notification.

Any chance of downloading an legit older version of DTEK without having to trust any greedy 3rd-party "store"?
    05-11-19 05:00 PM
    Over a month now since last post, any news on that? My Priv behaves exactly the same on newer DTEK versions, just noticed it again today using cam and was waiting for notification.

Any chance of downloading an legit older version of DTEK without having to trust any greedy 3rd-party "store"?
    Settings->Apps->DTEK by BlackBerry->[three dots button in top right]->Uninstall Updates

That would take you way back to 2015 though.
    05-11-19 09:01 PM
    Settings->Apps->DTEK by BlackBerry->[three dots button in top right]->Uninstall Updates

That would take you way back to 2015 though.
    Yeah I know that one but that would also warn me about OS being compromised as false positive.
    05-12-19 12:57 AM
    Yeah I know that one but that would also warn me about OS being compromised as false positive.
    It's not just you. I cannot use older working versions of DTEK on my Priv anymore otherwise I get OS compromised messages. Therefore the current situation is now worse.

Hopefully @BB_RobertL is making some headway on finding the issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-19 02:18 PM
    So another two months and still latest DTEK version from march, I bet you won't fix this for your forgotten orphan PRIV. @mrbbsecurity @LiamQ
    07-29-19 06:03 PM
    Can someone explain to me how we are supposed to trust that DTEK systems know our device integrity is secure when they don't even know that our phones have camera and phone permissions? For real. I'm just confused.
    @BB_RobertL
    @LiamQ

Posted via CB10
    08-01-19 02:49 PM
    Hey @Jake2826 / @gizmo21,

Unfortunately, what you are seeing on your devices is a bug that prevents DTEK from monitoring accesses of that specific permission. The bug isn't in DTEK itself, but somewhere else in the system, which prevents us from being able to bring you guys a fix for it

-Robert
    08-01-19 03:02 PM

Unfortunately, what you are seeing on your devices is a bug that prevents DTEK from monitoring accesses of that specific permission. The bug isn't in DTEK itself, but somewhere else in the system, which prevents us from being able to bring you guys a fix for it

-Robert
    Ok. Thank you for your response @BB_RobertL I appreciate it.

At some point in the future I will do a device wipe then to attempt to fix the issue. Cheers.
    08-01-19 04:35 PM

-Robert
    Thx for trying to explain the problem, but are you trying to say this is only on some PRIV devices?

So why is an older DTEK version on same device is working then correctly in spite of the access-monitoring?

Is there any PRIV user with newest DTEK version that could monitor camera?
    08-01-19 06:04 PM
    @gizmo21, The older DTEK version incorrectly shows that it can properly monitor those permissions when it can't is my understanding (bug is before my time here ). I do believe the issue is consistent across all Priv variants.

I know @Jake2826 posted the screen shot of 1.1.3.376 that shows the permission visible in the UI. Jake, can you confirm if the system is actually logging events (or not logging) against that permission with that version of DTEK? The counter should stay at 0 which would confirm my statement above and the findings of the team that ran the investigation for me here.
    08-01-19 06:13 PM
    @gizmo21, The older DTEK version incorrectly shows that it can properly monitor those permissions when it can't is my understanding (bug is before my time here ). I do believe the issue is consistent across all Priv variants.

I know @Jake2826 posted the screen shot of 1.1.3.376 that shows the permission visible in the UI. Jake, can you confirm if the system is actually logging events (or not logging) against that permission with that version of DTEK? The counter should stay at 0 which would confirm my statement above and the findings of the team that ran the investigation for me here.
    This doesn't seem to be the case on my T-Mobile branded Priv @BB_RobertL

I uninstalled all updates to the DTEK app so it is the stock version and I tested to see if it could properly monitor the camera and it did just fine. See attached screenshot. I tested it when using the camera through Whatsapp and it monitored it just fine. DTEK on Priv not tracking camera and video usage-notable-00134.jpegDTEK on Priv not tracking camera and video usage-notable-00135_1.jpeg
    gizmo21 likes this.
    08-05-19 01:34 AM
    neither on my priv.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    08-07-19 10:29 AM
47 12