I have a bad habit of placing my phone in my back pocket all the time....

Does anyone know of any vidoes of a bend test or a drop test out yet?

Has anyone dropped theirs yet without their case on? Whats the damage!!

11-11-15 12:46 PM

Haven't seen any yet but definitely curious to set that!

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    11-11-15 12:46 PM
    I dropped mine about 4 ft from ground to cement.
    Minor ding on top edge of bezel and the back had a few indentation very light and very visible when i first picked it up. The back is almost self healing because now I can barely see those marks anymore. I can feel it when rubbing my thumb across it but quick glances you would not see it. That and the glass weave rubber pretty much makes it hard to detect.
    11-11-15 12:51 PM
    I dropped mine about 4 ft from ground to cement.
    Minor ding on top edge of bezel and the back had a few indentation very light and very visible when i first picked it up. The back is almost self healing because now I can barely see those marks anymore. I can feel it when rubbing my thumb across it but quick glances you would not see it. That and the glass weave rubber pretty much makes it hard to detect.
    My concern with the Priv is it splitting in 2 if it drops. Does the slider mechanism still feel solid?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 12:53 PM
    Just don't drop it or sit on it. Sitting on it is probably not going to end well.
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-11-15 12:55 PM
    Dropped it a good 3 feet onto tile floor, landed smack down on the screen. No visible damage at all. No screen protector or case on it either.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    mundo472 likes this.
    11-11-15 01:00 PM
    Slides like the first day I had it.Drop Test? Bend Test?-pcbd1.jpgDrop Test? Bend Test?-pcbd2.jpgDrop Test? Bend Test?-prid.jpg
    11-11-15 01:04 PM
    Man $700.00 and you're already getting nicks/scratches. Be more careful geez...this is one thread I will not be subscribing to, worse than fingernails on a chalk board.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 01:32 PM
    My concern with the Priv is it splitting in 2 if it drops. Does the slider mechanism still feel solid?

Posted via CB10
    Well, it will become a full touch screen device if that happens!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 01:36 PM

I think right now they are too rare.... who want to ruin a perfectly good phone when a replacement it weeks away.

Back pocket... bad for any large phone.

Seen a few reviews where the reviewer gave is a "lite" twist or bend... all said it was a solid device and that the sliding mechanism seemed very sturdy.
    11-11-15 01:36 PM
    I think right now they are too rare.... who want to ruin a perfectly good phone when a replacement it weeks away.

Seen a few reviews where the reviewer gave is a "lite" twist or bend... all said it was a solid device and that the sliding mechanism seemed very sturdy.
    Hopefully!!! I ruled out the Nexus 6P cause of the bend video! Was worse then the first batch of iphone 6
    11-11-15 01:39 PM

What do you mean a replacement?
    11-11-15 01:39 PM
    I sit on mine daily. Priv on one pocket and Passport in the other. Sometimes depending on the jeans, I feel it and have to reach back and pull it out a bit so it is not ripping my jeans/break phone. I've been putting my wallet in front pocket since the PP and the PP in one and a Z30 in the other back pocket, now PP and Priv.
    11-11-15 01:41 PM
    I sit on mine daily. Priv on one pocket and Passport in the other. Sometimes depending on the jeans, I feel it and have to reach back and pull it out a bit so it is not ripping my jeans/break phone. I've been putting my wallet in front pocket since the PP and the PP in one and a Z30 in the other back pocket, now PP and Priv.
    Maybe wear cargo pants instead of jeans so that the BlackBerry Priv can be in a side pocket.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 02:53 PM
    Maybe wear cargo pants instead of jeans so that the BlackBerry Priv can be in a side pocket.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Off to Costco I go.

Posted via PRIV
    11-11-15 03:20 PM
    Well, it will become a full touch screen device if that happens!

Posted via CB10
    With the added haptic feedback, the virtual keyboard on this thing is so good I'm thinking of gluing the PKB shut LOL
    11-11-15 04:13 PM
    Before somebody does this ridiculous testing, can you please just send me the device you're going to wreck instead? Please?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 04:50 PM
    So I decided to test my new Priv device and here are my results:

If enough upward force is used on the screen above the bevel speaker of the phone, the back half of the phone will make a "sliding" motion in the downward directions thus removing the keyboard from its original secure position.

#slideGate

Posted via CB10D
    Last edited by John Doe99; 11-17-15 at 02:13 PM.
    11-11-15 04:53 PM
    Well, just to add to this with a legit response, today I had the misfortune of trying it out for myself due to negligence, it landed from about 3 feet onto the carpeted, hollow flooring at my office, and prior to the drop, I didn't have any noticeable give or wiggle to my device's screen as some reported from day one, but now, I notice the entire left side of the device is slightly loose. Like, I can press on the left side of the device when it's close, and can feel the give it has. The right side of the device is as solid as day one.

So, looks like there's something to be said for build quality, unfortunately. I'm gonna see about getting mine replaced cuz that's kind of pathetic.
    11-17-15 03:34 PM
    I won't do it but I highly doubt this phone will hold up in any drop test.
    11-17-15 03:38 PM
    I dropped it again this morning getting out of car. Another nick on top right bezel this time. Facing down by time i pick it up. Guess the metal rim does a good job protecting it and the fact that the screen is not attached probably helps with shock absorption relative to the rest of the body. Always forget and leave it on my lap and when i have other things to grab this happen.
    Passport went through a few of these drops as well.
    11-18-15 12:18 PM