How do you clean the cache?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    There are a couple of ways, the best of which Blackberry disabled in favor of security. (from the recovery menu)
    However, if it's a specific app that's misbehaving you can clear its cache by going to Settings --> Apps --> Specific App Here --> Clear Cache
    Another way is to go to Settings --> Storage --> Cache
    12-30-15 08:41 AM
    try double tap with a hammer
    Jonneh likes this.
    12-30-15 10:23 AM
    try double tap with a hammer
    LMAOOOO
    12-30-15 10:42 AM
    Didn't make a difference but thanks for the info.

Brian

12-30-15 02:30 PM
    Why would I do that? This is a great phone.

12-30-15 02:32 PM
    It's a software issue.
    Could be a problem with the update itself, but since not many other people are chipping in saying the same i will say it's possibly a faulty installation.
    I'm not sure with the Priv, but is there any way to downgrade and reinstall the update again?

Definitely software as the G4 suffered like this at the beginning but updates fixed it.
    12-30-15 02:36 PM
    Turn on advanced interactions. Double tap is slowing you down.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 02:49 PM
    Same issue. Double tap to wake worked fine for the first few weeks, but now it works about 10% of the time. It's not a matter of me touching the edge, as I usually try to use double tap when the phone is laying flat on a desk. I've tried all suggestions in this thread, with the exception of a factory reset. It's definitely a software issue, because the touchscreen works fine in all other aspects, even using other double tap commands such as liking an Instagram post.

01-24-16 04:19 PM
    My issue with double tap wake up has completely resolved. The problem is gone. I'm a happy camper.

Brian

tmoore3496 and Jonneh like this.
    01-24-16 07:50 PM
    My issue with double tap wake up has completely resolved. The problem is gone. I'm a happy camper.
    Anything you did, or did it resolve on its own?

01-25-16 10:28 AM

Brian

Be nice to know what you done

01-25-16 12:41 PM
    I have had the issue, I think it might have to do with the succession of taps occurring too quickly. Try waiting a few milliseconds longer before your second tap

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    01-25-16 02:29 PM
    My solution is somewhere in this thread but I can't scroll past all of them for some reason. It stops after about 6 posts?????

I did do a factory reset but that wasn't the solution. It works great now. I turned something off and bingo.

Brian

mkiiw likes this.
    01-25-16 05:10 PM
    Under advanced interactions try turning everything off

01-25-16 08:59 PM
    I found that the double tap on my priv worked when it wanted too, started out ok like yours then one day it was ok and the day it played up
    01-26-16 12:23 AM
    My solution is somewhere in this thread but I can't scroll past all of them for some reason. It stops after about 6 posts?????

I did do a factory reset but that wasn't the solution. It works great now. I turned something off and bingo.

Brian

I did a factory reset and issue is still there. I checked my settings and not sure what to turn off as the advanced interactions are all off.

Last edited by RDZONE99; 05-09-16 at 04:50 PM.
    05-09-16 04:24 PM
    No because the problem with the cover is the magnet position.
    Try it with no case/cover.
    Even the thin protection sheet that come with the new device screw up this function, keeping the screen clean from any cover seem the solution.
    However, I start to think buying a tampered glass protection might dcrrew double tab to wake
    Any suggestions?
    09-30-16 11:46 AM
    Even the thin protection sheet that come with the new device screw up this function, keeping the screen clean from any cover seem the solution.
    However, I start to think buying a tampered glass protection might dcrrew double tab to wake
    Any suggestions?
    If the proximity sensor to the top left of the Blackberry logo is dirty with facial oil, it screws it up and thinks it is in your pocket or something. Clean your screen up there and it will work.

If that doesn't work, slide your screen up and find the black plastic tab at the top of the LCD. Put your finger nail into one corner and pull up and unclip it from the LCD. Just blow air with your mouth in the area of that Blackberry logo and the dust will go away. Clip that cover back on. Done. Good as new again.

I gave this fix to the Blackberry Priv support team and the were very appreciative. Anyone can do it.

09-30-16 12:44 PM
    I have the issue on and off.

Funny, I wonder if it's also off & on ??

09-30-16 03:57 PM
    My wife had this problem with her priv and it was caused by the screen protector. Removed the screen protector and all is good. Just put a new one on.

10-01-16 01:44 PM
45 12