So I recently cracked the screen on my Priv. Double tap to wake seemed to still be working fine. Before I went ahead and ordered a new screen I wanted to take a shot at removing the old one. I was able to remove and reattach it pretty easily. Everything seems to be working just as expected except double tap to wake does not work anymore.

Any reason for this? The screen is still very responsive when its actually on.
    04-26-16 03:50 PM
    Could the Tap-to-wake function have been disabled? Main Settings/Display, Wake-Up Gestures.
    04-26-16 06:35 PM
    Could the Tap-to-wake function have been disabled? Main Settings/Display, Wake-Up Gestures.
    I had checked that, even turned it off, restarted and turned it back on.
    04-27-16 06:36 AM
    The phone is elsewhere right now. You can try something to see if TAPS are received. It is probably an Accessibility function under Settings. You can Magnify the screen if you either double or triple tap. That might give you an idea if taps are being interpreted correctly?
    04-27-16 08:11 AM
    The phone is elsewhere right now. You can try something to see if TAPS are received. It is probably an Accessibility function under Settings. You can Magnify the screen if you either double or triple tap. That might give you an idea if taps are being interpreted correctly?
    It does seem like taps are working, works for zooming on web pages at least.
    04-27-16 10:21 AM
    I'm not sure what else to suggest. Could the Tap-wake be some very low level service that was affected by your operation?
    04-27-16 11:45 AM
    I'm not sure what else to suggest. Could the Tap-wake be some very low level service that was affected by your operation?
    That's kind of what I was wondering. I've ordered my screen replacement, so hopefully when I get that put on, the functionality gets restored.

Thanks for the help tho!
    04-27-16 12:46 PM
    Good luck
    04-27-16 01:23 PM