Love my Priv so far. However, I have a duplicate calendar associated with my email adresse. I have disabled Google account sync, but BlackBerry calendar app still shows two identical calendars. Have not found any way so far to remove one or the other.

And why swiping left on the virtual keyboard doesn't cancel autocorrect like in BB 10 instead of deleting the entire Word? Annoying...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-16-15 05:15 PM
    I have no idea how to remove calendars too! Can someone help please?

Please dont tell me theres no way to do this.
    12-15-15 03:18 PM
    I turned off sync for google calendar yet it still remains in blackberry calendar and there's no way to remove or delete.

Very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 04:55 PM
    Hoping we'll see some kind of answer on this.
    12-16-15 11:42 AM
    Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is what you're talking about but if you open the calendar app, go to settings. Where you see your emails, click the arrow beside them. There will be a dropdown of all the events associated to that email. Just click what you don't want to see and an "invisible" icon will show up and it will be hidden from your calendar. I know it's not ideal (i'd also like to remove it so that i don't get so many duplicate holiday events when I use the productivity side but at least you don't have to see it when the app is open).

Hope that helps!
    12-25-15 11:55 AM
    Sometimes, after disabling a calendar from the account settings, it still remains in the account list.

The only way I know of to "fix" this, is to do some manual work.

In Settings (phone, Not cal), go to Apps, All Apps, find the Calendar App, and "force Stop", then Clear Cache
    Next locate the Calendar Storage App, force stop, clear cache

Start the Calendar app again, and it should read all accounts and hopefully have your account removed

I hope BlackBerry will add options to the Calendar- and Contacts app, to have better control with which accounts shows up and which order they show.
    And also add option to BBM to NOT sync group calendars

F.ex, I Never use BBM Groups calendar, but BBM is always on the top of the account list inside the calendar app. Turning Off all the BBM Group calendars is only to not show the calendars on the calendar, but the account itself remains

Similar for Contacts, I Never store contacts on SIM or Phone, but these are always listed in the accounts list.
    Removing the Phone/Local account from Android accounts can cause other issues,
    and removing the SIM account only works until next reboot where it pops back
    oakakaemmy likes this.
    01-04-16 06:49 AM
    I was having a similar problem with duplicate gmail accounts listed in the calendar app. I think I have figured out a way to fix it. So far it seems to be working well for me. However, this is just if the accounts are Gmail accounts. The issue is that both the Hub account and the Google accounts are creating calendar accounts for the same gmail address.

Start by deleting BOTH the google account and the Blackberry Hub account for the email with duplicate calendars. Then go back and add the gmail address as a Blackberry Hub account, but after typing the email address in the account setup window, click the "manual setup" button instead of the "next" button. You will have to enter some of the basic Gmail IMAP server info (which is easy to find, see this link What Are the Gmail IMAP Settings? - Email - About.com . If you use 2-step authentication you will have to create an app specific password while adding this Gmail account as a Blackberry Hub account.

This will allow you to only add the email portion of the Gmail account, and does not automatically include the contacts and calendar accounts. Once you have finished adding the Gmail Hub account, you can then add the same email address as a Google account, where it will automatically add the Contacts and Calendar accounts as well. Then when you go back into the Calendar app, you will only see the Gmail addresses once.

There may be an easier way of getting rid of duplicate Google calendars, but I wasn't able to figure it out, and so far this method is working beautifully. All changes to the calendar update very quickly, and I still get my emails virtually instantly.
    drpearson likes this.
    01-06-16 11:57 AM
    My problem is that I use a gmail account as my Google account but I dont use it for my calendar.

I use outlook instead.

But because I have a Google account the phone assumes I use the Gmail account calendar.

I want it removed but it's not available as an option.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-06-16 12:46 PM
    Another way to do this is to delete your google account, then setup the account again. As soon as the account is setup, goto the google account sync page, tap of the 3 dots at the top right, then stop sync.
    01-16-16 06:53 AM
    Morton, can you explain the initial step, "disabling a calendar from the account settings? Thank you
    03-04-16 09:50 AM
    Morton, can you explain the initial step, "disabling a calendar from the account settings? Thank you
    When you are adding an account, you are asked what to sync, usually Email, Contacts, Calendar, Notes etc.. By Unchecking the Calendar I would expect it to not create any Calendar account settings for that account ...

If you already have added accounts, go back to the account setting, and it will show what is set to sync. Unchecking the Calendar, should not only stop the calendar from syncing, but also remove any calendar info for the account

but this don't work very well ...
    03-04-16 10:00 AM
    I 😍 U

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device - via the T-Mobile Network
    rickkel likes this.
    04-03-16 06:19 PM