One of my biggest problem that I faced with the Q10, Q20, and recently the BB Passport is the buggy Gmail sync, I would like add a contact, then I'd see the contact both on my phone and on my Google Contacts on my computer. A few hours or maybe days later, that contact magically disappears and I'm fux0red!

I have lost so many contacts it isn't funny.

I swore to never buy a BlackBerry phone again since all of them had the same problem. It all is due to the buggy Gmail Sync I believe with BlackBerry.

Now with the PRIV, since it's an Android OS, I saw in the breif video review of Blaize that it has some old stuff frmo BlackBerry like the familiar hub and contacts. The latter scared me, does it still use the same BB OS contacts like app or is it the full fledged Anrdoid Contacts where I know the Gmail sync will work perfectly and not cause this random contacts disappearing or in other cases the suddenly appearing duplicate contacts?
    11-06-15 04:51 AM
    If it's like other Android phones, the Contacts app may be a Blackberry UI but the contacts storage and syncing should be native Android. Let's hope so.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    11-06-15 04:57 AM
    If it's like other Android phones, the Contacts app may be a Blackberry UI but the contacts storage and syncing should be native Android. Let's hope so.
    yeah I really wish the contacts syncing has nothing to do with BlackBerry's dodgy syncing with GMAIL. This would be a show stopper for me.
    11-06-15 05:07 AM
    I thought most apps let you choose. On my note 4 when adding contacts I can either add then directly to the phone, add them through my Google account or Samsung.

This is especially convenient when swapping phones.
    baspeed likes this.
    11-06-15 06:17 AM
    yeah I really wish the contacts syncing has nothing to do with BlackBerry's dodgy syncing with GMAIL. This would be a show stopper for me.
    I hope the opposite. BlackBerry's Contact/Email/Calendar system has worked Flawless for me for years, with email and contact providers from Google Apps, Exchange and Outlook. It all works.

On my Android devices on the other hand, it is totally dysfunctional if you need to integrate from the various sources.
    Outlook app does not even allow to add contacts.. or edit...
    From incoming emails, neither Gmail nor Outlook allows me to simply click on an email address to add to contacts..

With BlackBerry apps, this works as a dream
    11-06-15 10:30 AM
    As I suspected the Contacts app is Blackberry's but syncing is handled natively by Android.
    11-06-15 06:21 PM
    Is BlackBerry's own interface but using google's backend for syncing and storage, and just like in BlackBerry you have the option to enable or disable contacts from various accounts to show in the all contacts tab.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    11-06-15 06:29 PM
    Is BlackBerry's own interface but using google's backend for syncing and storage, and just like in BlackBerry you have the option to enable or disable contacts from various accounts to show in the all contacts tab.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    I have had to stop syncing contacts with Gmail as the Priv's contact app is constantly deleting contacts, showing up as numerous blank contacts. Does anyone know how to stop this?
    05-16-16 03:17 PM
    One of my biggest problem that I faced with the Q10, Q20, and recently the BB Passport is the buggy Gmail sync, I would like add a contact, then I'd see the contact both on my phone and on my Google Contacts on my computer. A few hours or maybe days later, that contact magically disappears and I'm fux0red!

I have lost so many contacts it isn't funny.

I swore to never buy a BlackBerry phone again since all of them had the same problem. It all is due to the buggy Gmail Sync I believe with BlackBerry.

Now with the PRIV, since it's an Android OS, I saw in the breif video review of Blaize that it has some old stuff frmo BlackBerry like the familiar hub and contacts. The latter scared me, does it still use the same BB OS contacts like app or is it the full fledged Anrdoid Contacts where I know the Gmail sync will work perfectly and not cause this random contacts disappearing or in other cases the suddenly appearing duplicate contacts?
    The way the contacts are added will follow the same android style as other non Blackberry phones however there are bb apps that are supposed to mimic the old bb os10 features. So having said that, contacts can be added locally on phone, on your sim card or via a google account. When you are in the screen to create a new contact u can click on how you want the contact to be created prior to setting up or entering the contact information.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    05-17-16 03:04 PM
    Do you have the option to not use the Blackberry contact app and instead only use Google Contacts?
    05-18-16 04:33 PM
    Do you have the option to not use the Blackberry contact app and instead only use Google Contacts?
    Yes.
    05-18-16 05:23 PM
    Yes.
    Anyone successfully find the Google contacts app in GPS?
    05-18-16 08:57 PM
    Anyone successfully find the Google contacts app in GPS?
    That's not available publicly. Only for Nexus devices. Can probably sideload from apkmirror.com
    05-19-16 04:50 AM