This is kinda of a big deal for me and only since last week as I just took delivery of me new car, the RSAP works brilliantly on my passport....

Can anyone who has received their Priv check and see if it's an option under Bluetooth settings!

"I roll with 2 passports, 1 for travelling and 1 for communicating"
    11-06-15 09:39 AM
    From Android M (v6) rSAP is supposed to be baked into the OS,... on previous Android you should need various rSAP apps to get things work.. which can make it more wonky ...

But we have already heard that Android 6 Will also come to Priv in due time..

I have used Android M since Google pushed official version, and I am happy to see the Priv does not launch with it.. it is too premature

v6 might look like previous Android versions, but is a totally new OS, which is in it's infancy - with all the issues that follows

stability is not Android M's stronghold when running existing Android apps.. you might get lucky,. but sudden shutdown or reboots are daily experiences for Nexus users.

back to rSap - You have to try the different rsap apps out there..

For most Androids, there is a "Bluetooth SIM Access Profile app" which adds full rSAP support, but.. that require the devices to be rooted to install... which is not possible with the Priv..

I would say you need to wait on Android 6 for the Priv before a reliable rSAP is available, but that should hopefully not be too many months to wait
    11-06-15 10:41 AM
    From Android M (v6) rSAP is supposed to be baked into the OS,... on previous Android you should need various rSAP apps to get things work.. which can make it more wonky ...

But we have already heard that Android 6 Will also come to Priv in due time..

I have used Android M since Google pushed official version, and I am happy to see the Priv does not launch with it.. it is too premature

v6 might look like previous Android versions, but is a totally new OS, which is in it's infancy - with all the issues that follows

stability is not Android M's stronghold when running existing Android apps.. you might get lucky,. but sudden shutdown or reboots are daily experiences for Nexus users.

back to rSap - You have to try the different rsap apps out there..

For most Androids, there is a "Bluetooth SIM Access Profile app" which adds full rSAP support, but.. that require the devices to be rooted to install... which is not possible with the Priv..

I would say you need to wait on Android 6 for the Priv before a reliable rSAP is available, but that should hopefully not be too many months to wait
    Thanks for the detailed response, it looks like I will be using the Priv on wifi only as a secondary phone for the moment until Android M in that case (although I read somewhere the galaxy s6 edge has it built in?)

11-06-15 01:20 PM
    What's that? I need ten posts to publish links? O.K. so everyone has to search on their own...

At supportforums.blackberry.com they state the Priv would use rSAP out of the box.

Reading the news at android-rsap.com (last entry), I wouldn't rely on Marshmallow offering rSAP. Looks like the rumour of Marshmallow having rSAP came from a very early preview. Couldn't find any Nexus Users posting that 6.0 has rSAP so far.

H�ttenwerk
    11-08-15 06:49 AM
    What's that? I need ten posts to publish links? O.K. so everyone has to search on their own...

At supportforums.blackberry.com they state the Priv would use rSAP out of the box.

Reading the news at android-rsap.com (last entry), I wouldn't rely on Marshmallow offering rSAP. Looks like the rumour of Marshmallow having rSAP came from a very early preview. Couldn't find any Nexus Users posting that 6.0 has rSAP so far.

H�ttenwerk
    Thanks for that, here is the link in question

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...light/true#M27

Still would like to know if anyone has tested this on a priv

11-10-15 02:32 AM
    At the german site of Teltarif they published a review on the 12th of November:

Die Bluetooth-Schnittstelle unterst�tzt den rSAP-Modus. Das hei�t, mit entsprechend ausgestatteten Autotelefonen und Festeinbauten funkt nicht das Smartphone im Faradayschen K�fig. Stattdessen wird die Telefonie inklusive der Sende- und Empfangstechnik komplett �ber das Autotelefon abgewickelt, das sich per Bluetooth lediglich die SIM-Karten-Daten aus dem Smartphone holt. Bei dieser Funktion gibt es derzeit allerdings auch noch einen Fehler: Wird die Verbindung mit dem Autotelefon getrennt, so muss die PIN der SIM-Karte erneut eingegeben werden. Wer das vergisst und das Handy stattdessen schnell in der Jackentasche verstaut, ist telefonisch nicht mehr erreichbar.
    For anyone not into german its like: "Bluetooth interface does support rSAP-Mode.[He explains what rSAP basically does] But with this function there's still a bug at the moment. When the connection with the car phone is cut, the PIN of the SIM must be re-entered. One who's forgetting this [...] can't be called anymore." Sounds like he tried rSAP and got it working...

H�ttenwerk
    11-14-15 05:13 PM
    UPDATE: rSAP works fine on the Priv, everything synced up first attempt on my car, sim access profile activated and everything is working as it should!
    12-07-15 02:50 AM
    UPDATE: rSAP now works on my VW too, but I had to install a new car phone module to make it work. The 2009 module wouldn't connect with the Priv.

I can confirm too, that I have to re-enter my SIM PIN and my Screen Lock PIN on the Priv after leaving the car to re-connect it to the carrier - which is quite inconvenient. Didn't need to do this with my Nokias...

H�ttenwerk
    Last edited by huettenwerk; 02-18-16 at 05:30 AM. Reason: typo
    02-17-16 06:31 PM
    @H�ttenwerk, can you specify which part number (telephone control module) you had to install? Also, do you have a specific setting on your priv to enable/disable rSAP in your BT settings?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 06:09 PM