I have put away my Priv for a couple of months now due to overheating...as far as I remembered, it heated up like crazy after a few rounds of Clash Royale! However, I kinda miss it's pkb, and was wondering if the overheating situation has improved in anyway ?

(I don't really see any major updates to its firmware though so I am not so optimistic about it..)
    11-29-16 02:26 AM
    Still overheats, infact the other day mine just randomly vibrated and shut off while I was using it and has since been sent in for warranty so I'll see what happens with that.
    11-29-16 02:50 AM
    I have put away my Priv for a couple of months now due to overheating...as far as I remembered, it heated up like crazy after a few rounds of Clash Royale! However, I kinda miss it's pkb, and was wondering if the overheating situation has improved in anyway ?

(I don't really see any major updates to its firmware though so I am not so optimistic about it..)
    As far as I've heard, Marshmallow (6.0) did improve things compared to Lollipop. and hopefully when Nougat (7.0) get released for it, it will be improved further.

Ive recently just ordered one. (arriving in March)... long story. So my first OS will most likely be Nougat. for $299 it was so worth it.
    11-29-16 02:52 AM
    On second Priv, yes it heats sometimes like all other handsets on this planet. Nothing unusual
    11-29-16 03:05 AM

I only experience the over 🔥 I'm the beginning once BlackBerry was able to update to MM the 🔥 left. Once a month when updating it gets hot but nothing like before for me anyway unlocked BlackBerry
    11-29-16 03:41 AM
    I rarely get any heating from everyday use after updating to Marshmallow. Now the only time the Priv gets warm (not hot) is when it's updating multiple apps or is taking a security/OS update.

I've heard stories about the Priv being a hand warmer. I'm fortunate enough to not have experienced any of that.
    anon(7915689) likes this.
    11-29-16 06:44 AM
    Mine used to get hot on Lollipop but nothing unusual has happened since the Marshmallow updates. The Priv runs like a champion!
    anon(7915689) likes this.
    11-29-16 06:55 AM
    So my first OS will most likely be Nougat.
    Was about to question that, then noticed the "most likely".
    Hope you are right, but not betting any money, for or against.
    11-29-16 07:27 AM
    On second Priv, yes it heats sometimes like all other handsets on this planet. Nothing unusual
    Actually, I hate to be that guy, but no, not all other handsets over heat.
    I just ditched my PRIV for the Pixel XL about two weeks ago, and I can honestly say, this device hasn't even gotten warm. And I am still in the honeymoon phase with it. Using it a lot more then I did my PRIV. My PRIV would get warm if I was on YouTube for like 10 minutes. Last night I watched a 28 minute video on YouTube and it was perfect.
    Even during quick charging it doesn't get warm.
    O, and my SO has a Note 5, it has never gotten warm either.
    I am not knocking the PRIV, I enjoyed my year of using it. It just really sucked at times when it would literally get too hot to touch. Especially once a month whenever the security update came it.
    11-29-16 07:50 AM
    The SnapDragon 808 likes to breathe fire.

Comes with the territory when you buy the Priv.
    vpblaze likes this.
    11-29-16 07:50 PM
    The PRIV gets warmer than any other phone I've owned, but the more severe overheating issues no longer occur. I've only encountered the issue once, maybe twice; and that was months ago.
    11-29-16 07:54 PM
    The SnapDragon 808 likes to breathe fire.

Comes with the territory when you buy the Priv.
    Yea, I've pretty much grown to accept this as the way it's going to be. The phone is going to constantly get hot, especially the more you use apps.
    11-30-16 06:48 AM
    Mine (VZW variant) only got slightly warm when running Lollipop. With MM, the only time i even remotely feel anything is if I am web browsing for over 15 min.
    11-30-16 06:54 AM
    Ive recently just ordered one. (arriving in March)... long story. So my first OS will most likely be Nougat. for $299 it was so worth it.
    Matty - thought you had one of the first pre-production models...
    11-30-16 06:55 AM
    Like others above. When the security updates come (once a month) it gets really hot. It's a bit worrying but after the update, all's well.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-30-16 07:21 AM
    No overheating issues at all here, even on Lollipop.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-30-16 08:30 AM
    Actually, I hate to be that guy, but no, not all other handsets over heat.
    I just ditched my PRIV for the Pixel XL about two weeks ago, and I can honestly say, this device hasn't even gotten warm. And I am still in the honeymoon phase with it. Using it a lot more then I did my PRIV. My PRIV would get warm if I was on YouTube for like 10 minutes. Last night I watched a 28 minute video on YouTube and it was perfect.
    Even during quick charging it doesn't get warm.
    O, and my SO has a Note 5, it has never gotten warm either.
    I am not knocking the PRIV, I enjoyed my year of using it. It just really sucked at times when it would literally get too hot to touch. Especially once a month whenever the security update came it.
    This is anecdotal because I too owned a Note 5 and it would heat up like mad sometimes. Same goes with my S7 Edge that I briefly owned. Ironically the Android phone that has to date not heated up much for me has been the Note7. This is a general issue with Android phones.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-30-16 08:40 AM
    No overheating issues at all here, even on Lollipop.
    This ^^^ never had heating issues since day 1 of the Verizon launch. Or any other issues either. Mine has been rock solid.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-30-16 09:29 AM
    This ^^^ never had heating issues since day 1 of the Verizon launch. Or any other issues either. Mine has been rock solid.
    In my opinion, whether you get heating up issues or not really depends on how you use the phone. If you're using a lot of apps constantly, especially those like social media which are currently fetching data, it's going to get hot. There's really no way around this. It was the same way on the Q10 and Classic.

I actually haven't even been able to use the native Twitter account on any of these phones including PRIV. I use a business account which follows a lot of accounts, so it's constantly updating in the background causing heating up and massive battery drain. Even with extended update intervals.
    11-30-16 09:37 AM
    Mine did when I first acquired it 2 months ago, but after placing it in a BlackBerry leather flip case it hasn't done it since.
    I'm not a gamer though. All messaging, firefox, music and YouTube
    11-30-16 10:43 AM
    In my opinion, whether you get heating up issues or not really depends on how you use the phone. If you're using a lot of apps constantly, especially those like social media which are currently fetching data, it's going to get hot. There's really no way around this. It was the same way on the Q10 and Classic.

I actually haven't even been able to use the native Twitter account on any of these phones including PRIV. I use a business account which follows a lot of accounts, so it's constantly updating in the background causing heating up and massive battery drain. Even with extended update intervals.
    Well, I guess thats my whole problem then. If I want to join the crowd and have heating issues, I better start using social media..... nah!!! I'll stick with a cool phone and no social life.
    Wezard and FF22 like this.
    11-30-16 10:49 AM
    This is anecdotal because I too owned a Note 5 and it would heat up like mad sometimes. Same goes with my S7 Edge that I briefly owned. Ironically the Android phone that has to date not heated up much for me has been the Note7. This is a general issue with Android phones.
    Yep, my old Note 4 & Note Edge has gotten so hot the thermal protection mode came on (reducing the screen brightness and who knows what else). My current S7 Edge and my Nexus 6p also gets warm on a regular basis. My Priv's do get warm when updating but nowhere near like it use to on Lollipop.
    FF22 and dejanh like this.
    11-30-16 01:05 PM
    Well, I guess thats my whole problem then. If I want to join the crowd and have heating issues, I better start using social media..... nah!!! I'll stick with a cool phone and no social life.
    Ha! I sometimes long for the simpler times.
    11-30-16 01:40 PM
    Ha! I sometimes long for the simpler times.
    They are right at your fingertips.
    11-30-16 02:33 PM
    The only time I experienced any warming is with this recently identified WhatsApp/HUB+ thing that happens every now and then that I can stop by force stopping WhatsApp (A fix is coming soon I'm told).
    Other than it is dead cold regardless of what I do even when I watch videos.
    I'm not a gamer though, so....
    11-30-16 02:52 PM
54 123