Missed on the order of 22 SMS messages since last night when BB10 on my Classic just decided, as it's done on a few occasions in the past, to just stop receiving them. You never know when it will happen, just that someone writes you an email and says "Hey I sent you a text message, did you get it?"

I will immediately move to the Priv if this problem doesn't exist. BB10 is a joke in my mind. How can anyone claim to be 'more productive' on BB10 when the OS doesn't even deliver text messages reliably?
    11-17-15 03:55 PM
    Well, the 3 people I know with Priv's have been replying to all my text messages, so take that for what it's worth.

However, I've had 3 BB10 devices since the BB10 launch day and never missed a text message. Have you taken any steps to check out your sms problem?
    11-17-15 04:09 PM
    I don't have this problem!

BlackBerry Passport Sliver Edition
    11-17-15 04:10 PM
    I've never ever had this problem in my past Z10 neither in my actual Passport .

Sent from my Passport
    11-17-15 04:14 PM
    Forget bb10 in regards to how priv either does or doesn't work - they have nothing in common.
    11-17-15 04:15 PM
    Well, the 3 people I know with Priv's have been replying to all my text messages, so take that for what it's worth.

However, I've had 3 BB10 devices since the BB10 launch day and never missed a text message. Have you taken any steps to check out your sms problem?
    I've never experienced this on my Classic before today. I did have it a few times on my old Z30, and you could 'fix' the problem by restarting the phone. Messages that were undelivered will start appearing as soon as it reboots. Often they say "Message not found" depending on how old they are.

I'm not nuts - I googled this problem and there are hundreds of threads, many of them here at Crackberry. I was just shocked that this far into 10.3 (10.3.2.2474), the problem still shows up. I was quite disturbed to see so many messages lost in a short time.

My hope is that since I've seen this problem transport to multiple BlackBerry phones, it's clearly a core technology problem for them or the carriers they work with (I'm on AT&T). I'd rather move to a platform that just works with the most basic of functions, i.e. SMS is primitive functionality, than try and (1) diagnose a sophisticated device like a Classic, (2) hope it doesn't hit me again, or (3) reboot the phone daily.

Priv seems like the logical next step?
    11-17-15 04:21 PM
    I'm not sure that I would consider one device more sophisticated than the other. That said, on the Priv you have the option to use the messages app or Hangouts for sms -- so you do have options there.

But, since I don't have my Priv (yet), perhaps you should check out the threads about the Hub/sms.
    anon9133023 likes this.
    11-17-15 04:45 PM
    I've heard iOS and android do this as well. It's a hit or miss.

I've never had this happen and if it does I would think it's the carrier fiddling with their settings hoping users will think it's just a glitch on their phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 04:47 PM
    I have checked in on a few of those and do see that Hub doesn't treat SMS the same way as on BB10 and I'm okay with that.

To me, the most important fact is that I actually receive the SMS - where it appears is secondary to the mission critical function.

I"m sorry you don't have your Priv yet Elessar! I would have thought Bla1ze would have gotten you all one for Halloween!!

My AT&T across the street has a Priv for sale... so tempted.
    11-17-15 04:51 PM
    When you run low on disk space on an Android device, some SMS messages may not be received.
    And when I mean 'low on disk space', I mean 'have less than 100 MB left' - this actually happened to me some years back.

Recently on my Note 4, Android already started complaining about low disk space when I reached below 450 MB, not sure how that effects my SMS messages, but Android seems to be very demanding about its free space.

I'd refer to a Google Code topic but I cannot post any links yet. It is issue 4991, for reference, which has been marked 'Obsolete' in December 2014. Not sure if that means it's no longer relevant or if they simply won't look into it any further.
    anon9133023 likes this.
    11-17-15 04:55 PM
    When you run low on disk space on an Android device, some SMS messages may not be received.
    And when I mean 'low on disk space', I mean 'have less than 100 MB left' - this actually happened to me some years back.

Recently on my Note 4, Android already started complaining about low disk space when I reached below 450 MB, not sure how that effects my SMS messages, but Android seems to be very demanding about its free space.

I'd refer to a Google Code topic but I cannot post any links yet. It is issue 4991, for reference, which has been marked 'Obsolete' in December 2014. Not sure if that means it's no longer relevant or if they simply won't look into it any further.

I read on the vodaphone site (while researching the lost SMS problem):
    "BlackBerry Classic
    Troubleshooting
    You can't receive text messages
    You need to delete old messages regularly to free up space for new text messages. If the inbox is full, you might not be able to receive text messages.
    Delete text messages or other content in your phone."
    http://userguide.vodafone.co.nz/web/...t-messages/561

I'm showing 1.02G free memory and 6.7G free storage.
    11-17-15 04:57 PM
    I'm pushing back from my desk... going to take a walk to the AT&T store...
    11-17-15 04:58 PM
    I read on the vodaphone site (while researching the lost SMS problem):
    "BlackBerry Classic
    Troubleshooting
    You can't receive text messages
    You need to delete old messages regularly to free up space for new text messages. If the inbox is full, you might not be able to receive text messages.
    Delete text messages or other content in your phone."
    http://userguide.vodafone.co.nz/web/...t-messages/561

I'm showing 1.02G free memory and 6.7G free storage.

Huh? What inbox? Where is the capacity indicator? Where would that button be telling you "clear inbox"?

I've had at one point 8% free space on my Classic and never ran any issues.

I've never deleted text messages and I have a TON. It sucks though so do what you must.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 05:10 PM
    I"m sorry you don't have your Priv yet Elessar! I would have thought Bla1ze would have gotten you all one for Halloween!!
    Lol!
    11-17-15 05:13 PM
    I haven't had the issue with my Priv so far only real major issue is the battery life.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 05:13 PM
    Huh? What inbox? Where is the capacity indicator? Where would that button be telling you "clear inbox"?

I've had at one point 8% free space on my Classic and never ran any issues.

I've never deleted text messages and I have a TON. It sucks though so do what you must.

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly.

One of my former Blackberry buddies just reminded me that's why he dumped his Passport. Are you with AT&T? Maybe a carrier issue?
    11-17-15 05:34 PM