I've seen a few comments on the net mentioning about the static noise that can be heard through the earpiece when making calls. I too have this problems and want to know if it is possibly network related or if I just have a bad unit.

Having just fixed the creaky case issue I had and got the phone all set up I'm worried about changing and what I might get with the next one.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-03-16 08:00 AM
    I'm using my priv on the three network in the UK.

01-03-16 08:01 AM
    I've seen a few comments on the net mentioning about the static noise that can be heard through the earpiece when making calls. I too have this problems and want to know if it is possibly network related or if I just have a bad unit.

Having just fixed the creaky case issue I had and got the phone all set up I'm worried about changing and what I might get with the next one.

How did you fix the creaky case issue, if I may ask?
    01-03-16 08:35 AM
    Took the back off and used some cello tape doubled over and put it in areas where it seemed loose. Not very technical or scientific but worked. Just have the slightly rocky screen now but can live with that.

Just this noise on calls which is really annoying. Must be a hardware fault and not network related.

Andy Wijaya likes this.
    01-03-16 09:17 AM
    I find the call quality is superior to any device i've owned. No static (on Rogers).

01-03-16 09:21 AM
    I have to say that my call quality is really good on AT&T too; no static.
    01-03-16 09:27 AM
    A semi relevant answer-
    I use Bluetooth exclusively, (Voyager Legend) no static or crackling. Unless I leave the phone at one end of the house, then I do get some noise, just before the Voyager tells me "Phone 1 disconnected".
    And I never leave the phone laying around somewhere, cuz I get a reminder when I get about 20 feet away. (For the rest of the world, that's 6 - 8 meters)
    01-03-16 09:32 AM
    Feeling fairly sure it's a hardware fault then. It's frustrating as I can tell without it the quality would be good. It's a crackling type sound with quite a high pitched sound that seems to be there when people are talking. Calls through Bluetooth and on speakerphone are excellent so a device change it is then.

Thanks

01-03-16 10:13 AM
    That sounds a lot like what I get from some people who call and have hearing aids that are set up to be used with their phones. The hearing aids take the sound like a blue tooth device, but not all hearing aids do so well. In that case it is from their end and not mine. I will edit this to say that other than those instances, the sound is great. There are two people who I know who call me using their hearing aids and I sometimes get static on their calls.
    01-03-16 07:53 PM