11-21-19 09:17 AM
39 12
tools
    It's a blessing of God to still be married - just celebrated 39 years.
    The woman is a SAINT for staying married to me.

She actually would rather move back to an (hack / choke) iPhone.
    That would be the final straw methinques !!
    10-18-19 02:12 PM
    I'm still using my Priv that I have had since March of 2016. It has served me well in my solo law practice because I am able to get so much work done on it while outside of the office. In fact, even when I am in the office I often catch myself working from my Priv instead of the desktop that's right next to me (such as right now for instance).

I have replaced the screen and battery. I am about to have the input for charging the battery replaced since it now only works on my phone cradle and no where else, which is bad considering I don't get much out of this battery, so I guess I will replace that while it is at the shop too.

I am spoiled on the Priv's screen size, slide out keyboard and overall form factor, which is why I haven't gone to the Key2 with the smaller screen and non-sliding keyboard, but I could sure use its battery life. I'm hoping BlackBerry comes out with another phone in 2020 that makes it worth me giving up the Priv for a new phone.
    Having had the USB and even swapped the motherboard due to fact the connection block above the USB on the motherboard itself is what fried... be careful to make that clear to the shop so you don't pay like I did and get black a phone only changing by USB for less than a week !!
    10-18-19 02:16 PM
    Anyone still using BlackBerry PRIV as their main phone?

Have you had to replace the original OMOLED screen and battery?

All responses greatly appreciated.
    What are you using now?
    10-18-19 02:45 PM
    awaiting fxtec pro 1
    11-02-19 06:48 PM
    Still using it as only daily driver and will be for sometime if screen won't degrade more than that one thin red/pink line.
    11-06-19 05:19 PM
    weak legs... I love the feel and slider, PKB is not as good as KEYᵒⁿᵉ and performance is agonizingly slow, microUSB won't charge so tied to QI stand... they should make a modernized one, I'd be all over it...
    11-08-19 04:53 PM
    weak legs... I love the feel and slider, PKB is not as good as KEYᵒⁿᵉ and performance is agonizingly slow, microUSB won't charge so tied to QI stand... they should make a modernized one, I'd be all over it...
    They sell replacement MicroUSB ports on eBay...

And how is the performance when doing basic tasks?
    11-11-19 09:07 PM
    They sell replacement MicroUSB ports on eBay...

And how is the performance when doing basic tasks?
    I had the microUSB replaced and it turns out the connector block above it on the motherboard is fragile and was fried so I got a motherboard pull and they put that in with a new microUSB and it fried again in a week and I threw in the towel... QI works fine...

Performance for general calls, email is OK. Browsing is slow. Phone overheats all the time.

Sad, design is gorgeous!!
    11-12-19 02:26 AM
    Still using my Priv after 2 years - replaced my Passport. I find it's still a good phone, but does lag on loading Google maps and sometimes with Photos. But love the screen and keyboard and camera takes a good pic. Don't use Facebook just WhatsApp. Battery typically lasts a day and in using Google Maps for navigation a 2hr journey will use about 60% of battery. Can't see what I'd move to next - K2 is nice, but reluctant to move to a smaller screen.
    11-12-19 03:32 AM
    Still using my Priv after 2 years - replaced my Passport. I find it's still a good phone, but does lag on loading Google maps and sometimes with Photos. But love the screen and keyboard and camera takes a good pic. Don't use Facebook just WhatsApp. Battery typically lasts a day and in using Google Maps for navigation a 2hr journey will use about 60% of battery. Can't see what I'd move to next - K2 is nice, but reluctant to move to a smaller screen.
    Just find the best specs VKB phone in your budget.
    11-12-19 07:32 PM
    If you're in need of a pkb, the Key line is pretty much your only option at this point.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-19 12:46 PM
    I am considering a slightly used Key 2 LE but would miss screen size and capacitive keyboard. The Priv though has slowed and apps crash more often; connection to the cell network is often iffy though wifi works.. Would it help performance to reduce the number of apps to essential ones? There are quite a few I do not frequently use. Thank you for your feedback.
    11-20-19 11:09 PM
    I am considering a slightly used Key 2 LE but would miss screen size and capacitive keyboard. The Priv though has slowed and apps crash more often; connection to the cell network is often iffy though wifi works.. Would it help performance to reduce the number of apps to essential ones? There are quite a few I do not frequently use. Thank you for your feedback.
    Might help best to backup everything on your device. Once completed, do a factory reset...
    11-20-19 11:20 PM
    OP, no "signal" to catch. Just plain old mechanical contact. Micro USB is the spawn of the devil. As few devices I've had with it, the failure rate I've had is high. An old Nokia with micro-USB and a 1/8" plug in port to charge was the first one to go bad, years ago. An Android tablet, hardly ever used, I glued a 90 degree adapter to it, giving it a fresh port. I just bought a like new Priv, and one of the pains I had is going Android micro-USB from Windows Phone USB-C. Robust and no effort needed to figure out the right side up to plug in.

Not sure why all the manufacturers went with micro-USB. It's not like the robust mini-USB took up a lot more real estate. Similar to the move to nano SIM cards from the previous mini.
    11-21-19 09:17 AM
39 12