Anyone still using BlackBerry PRIV as their main phone?

Have you had to replace the original OMOLED screen and battery?

All responses greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
    09-11-19 07:03 AM
    Four year old Android hardware that was poorly optimized compared to now running five year old Android software that wasn’t fully optimized due to planned mobile hardware exit. I’d say it’s good time for moving on to new Android hardware.
    09-11-19 10:25 AM
    My wife is still using hers. My battery was dying so I moved to a Key2.
    09-11-19 01:48 PM
    My wife is still using hers. My battery was dying so I moved to a Key2.
    You’re lucky you’re still married...
    John Albert and RLeeSimon like this.
    09-11-19 01:50 PM
    Hello

I still use my priv as main device but have to say it's not 100 percent any more.
    Will buy soon something new but have not decided yet.
    09-11-19 01:55 PM
    After 3 years, I finally decided to move on from the Priv as well. The phone was always getting too hot from normal use and the battery life was getting shorter and shorter each time. I already changed the battery about a year ago.
    09-11-19 02:56 PM
    I love my Priv, but don't use it at all. My Priv battery is horrible and I can barely charge it, I need to fiddle with the port for it to catch a signal to charge.

I use an LE as my daily and it's the best BlackBerry I've used to date.
    09-12-19 03:56 AM
    You’re lucky you’re still married...
    It's a blessing of God to still be married - just celebrated 39 years.
    The woman is a SAINT for staying married to me.

She actually would rather move back to an (hack / choke) iPhone.
    09-12-19 08:04 AM
    Responding to the title: no, it does NOT have wings.
    It does, on the other hand, have a SLIDER!

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    09-12-19 08:34 AM
    It's a blessing of God to still be married - just celebrated 39 years.
    The woman is a SAINT for staying married to me.

She actually would rather move back to an (hack / choke) iPhone.
    XR has been a great deal so I’d recommend it or it’s newly announced replacement, the 11 base model.
    phuoc likes this.
    09-12-19 08:58 AM
    Thanks to all who have responded so far. ... Do keep your comments coming.

Kind regards.
    09-12-19 04:17 PM
    Still using my 2nd PRIV as daily driver after a few years. Have largely adjusted to the quirks and rarely have problems that drive me to the point of madness. Overheating usually occurs only when dealing with navigation, camera, or video playback. Not a gamer at all and use camera now and then.

Tempted to change, but not motivated enough yet to figure out how to get any other BlackBerry device to work on VZW.

First PRIV still here with slightly cracked screen. Lived through the green split screen issue that eventually cured itself. Works great with Wi-Fi only.

If I had the tech smarts of Conite and the other BlackBerry SMEs on these forums, I'm sure I would have moved onto something else in the BlackBerry line.
    09-12-19 06:17 PM
    Yup, still love this phone as my daily..
    09-12-19 06:28 PM
    im still using it.
    09-12-19 06:39 PM
    Thinking of resurrecting the torch if i can still find it. Unfortunately don't have the priv, but would have loved it, was really tempted when it came out but at 950 $cdn at the time, was a bit rich for me. Would really look forward to a priv/passport slider phone (preferably bb10, you know because why waste all those years of building it, but hey)....A Passport like variant, would be easier on the eyes than others would be.
    09-12-19 08:46 PM
    I'm still using my Priv that I have had since March of 2016. It has served me well in my solo law practice because I am able to get so much work done on it while outside of the office. In fact, even when I am in the office I often catch myself working from my Priv instead of the desktop that's right next to me (such as right now for instance).

I have replaced the screen and battery. I am about to have the input for charging the battery replaced since it now only works on my phone cradle and no where else, which is bad considering I don't get much out of this battery, so I guess I will replace that while it is at the shop too.

I am spoiled on the Priv's screen size, slide out keyboard and overall form factor, which is why I haven't gone to the Key2 with the smaller screen and non-sliding keyboard, but I could sure use its battery life. I'm hoping BlackBerry comes out with another phone in 2020 that makes it worth me giving up the Priv for a new phone.
    09-12-19 10:03 PM
    I would love to say yes but my battery is horrible and won't charge properly. I will be getting something else just not quite sure. I just bought an Evolve and everybody's telling me it's not going to work here in The US so I just wasted money.😡
    09-13-19 02:45 AM
    It can still be used for light to medium use if you are ok with babying it a little bit. Try not to get it hot by limiting yourself to quick tasks on the more resource intensive apps like Google Maps and understand that the battery life is not king. If you understand the Qualcomm processor limitations and you are willing to work within it's envelope, you can use this phone successfully, but not for heavy use!

It's still such a stylish and well designed phone to carry. Accept the weak processor and clear the app caches once a month and you will have fun with this phone. Just don't push it too hard.
    09-13-19 02:57 AM
    Still using my PRIV. Purchased November 2016 and the battery is still working well, original screen (no protector or case), looks virtually brand new. I use the latest official autoloader every 6 months or so to keep it running smoothly (I'm very picky!)

No real issues with overheating unless Navigation is turned on and charging at the same time.
    09-18-19 10:32 PM
    am still using my first priv
    looking at fs Tec 1 but no real excuse as priv fine
    09-20-19 05:23 PM
    I still use mine often, very often (almost daily, at least for a bit) but my KEYone has taken over as my daily driver: the battery performance is just undeniably solid (especially the standby time, and it's from mid-2017!) but I do looove my priv and it will always be my #1 . I can get by w/ it on a few charges a day, but it drains pretty quick, especially if you have to GPS - it's like 5% a min, or so it seems. My drive to work is a good 40min to an hour, so I can usually almost get if fully charged on my way
    09-30-19 08:16 PM
    If the Priv wasn't such an incredibly easy device to repair I would have probably ditched it by now. I've replaced the screen, battery, the side frame of the device (volume keys stopped working, the headphone jack, and the back cover.

As is, I preordered the FX-Tec Pro 1 so I can finally retire the Priv.

I love my Priv, but don't use it at all. My Priv battery is horrible and I can barely charge it, I need to fiddle with the port for it to catch a signal to charge.
    Most likely the issue is with the micro-usb port actually.
    09-30-19 11:33 PM
    Just got an LE activated this week but used my Priv for over 3.5 years without replacing anything on/in it. It was relatively problem free until very recently the battery just won't last long. The only real problem I noticed about the phone is that Google maps lagged really bad and it would lose GPS signal frequently. So it wasn't all too reliable on trips but it got me where I needed to go in the end. Android kept forcing me to update Google apps and wouldn't let me use a perfectly fine app until I updated it. And it kept screaming at me to update other apps and when I finally did the whole system got bogged down and the battery life began to decline. This is precisely why I dont update apps very often. They just get more and more bloated and perform poorly on older hardware. But as bad as it got I was willing to put up with a lot of lag recently just to hang onto it a bit longer. Would love to see a new Priv model released.
    rfin16 likes this.
    10-17-19 10:31 PM
    I got hooked on the slider with my beloved HP Pre³ slaughtered in their womb by HP...

skip to Priv¹ forever hooking me to the capacitive PKB...

I am too aged to offer up any body parts to get a modernized Priv² and I might not live long enough to ever see it anyhow...

Ainsi soit-il...
    10-18-19 01:06 PM
    Anyone still using BlackBerry PRIV as their main phone?

Have you had to replace the original OMOLED screen and battery?

All responses greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
    They microUSB failed connection block on the bottom of the motherboard fried and fried again after shop repair) so early retirement aside backups changing via QI stand...

Screen and battery still OK (although the heating and mismatched components make battery like a problem from the getgo)...
    10-18-19 01:10 PM
39 12