I was looking at Google play downloads and it shows 50,000 downloads for most BlackBerry apps, however, I checked out the BlackBerry Content Transfer app, it is at 500,000 downloads, I think this would be a fair reflection because ppl are downloading the app to transfer content to the Priv, so I would guess somewhere around 500,000.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-04-16 10:05 AM
    I was looking at Google play downloads and it shows 50,000 downloads for most BlackBerry apps, however, I checked out the BlackBerry Content Transfer app, it is at 500,000 downloads, I think this would be a fair reflection because ppl are downloading the app to transfer content to the Priv, so I would guess somewhere around 500,000.

wouldn't that include transfers between other BB devices too?
    02-04-16 12:09 PM

This app was out long before the Priv. It was made to help transfer from bb10 to any android phone.
    02-04-16 12:26 PM
    Straight from Chen,he can't keep enough Priv's made for the demand. 125,000 Priv's sold and BlackBerry is back. Here's the proof straight from BlackBerry
    Does anyone know how the priv is selling ?-img_20160205_010505.png

Aaron's #BlackBerryZ10 🔟🆒
    02-05-16 01:07 AM
    You'll be happier with the LG V10. Lol I'm going back to V10
    Lol, everything LG is junk. TV's, washer and dryers, appliances, etc. Junk.

02-05-16 01:20 AM
    In India it sold decently well in the grey market. The official launch has just happened so we should know by the end of the month how it's selling. Biggest problem here is price and lack of marketing.

Grey market price is ~ Rs. 47,000. Official price is Rs. 63,000. That's a big gap! The Passport and Classic sold well here. Customers were still keeping up to speed on the latest BB news then. Not sure if that's still the case.
    02-05-16 01:23 AM
    Passports at almost retailer shop in India sells at an average of 15 pieces a month. Don't think the Priv would move even 5 a month considering the hardcore BlackBerry fan can buy a Passport & a Classic Brand new at the Privs price.

I seriously doubt this device would appeal to Samsung Note or other popular phablets in the android basket in India.

Going buy BlackBerry India's previous experience, a late price cut won't help the Priv in India gain traction especially when phones less than quarter the cost of a priv carry wide angle 5mp cameras up front.

On a side note I'd actually wish Samsung rips the priv off and marries it with the Note design into the Note 6. Atleast that would get attention to the priv.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 03:17 AM
    Doesn't look it's selling too well on Amazon.in .

Sales rank is 1,987 in Electronics & 178 in Smartphones.

Based on the sales rank I'm guessing less than 10 units are being sold per day.
    02-05-16 08:52 PM
    Doesn't look it's selling too well on Amazon.in .

Sales rank is 1,987 in Electronics & 178 in Smartphones.

Based on the sales rank I'm guessing less than 10 units are being sold per day.
    but wasn't it just released in India? it's certainly not the smash hit everyone hoped for, but it's not too dramatic either. it might catch some traction
    02-05-16 08:57 PM
    but wasn't it just released in India? it's certainly not the smash hit everyone hoped for, but it's not too dramatic either. it might catch some traction
    Yep, just this week.

During previous launches I've seen the maximum sales happen during the launch week. Hope it does get some good word of the mouth publicity and sales pick up. I guess the Rs. 63,000 (~ US $ 930) price and lack of awareness is hurting sales.
    02-05-16 09:04 PM
    I wonder who sat in the board meeting and said the words, let's ditch BlackBerry 10 and go Android?

The conversation should have been. Let's get Android Runtime updated on BB10 and let's market the hell out of our OS in every country possible. How bad could it be.

No one once of Marketing I seen anywhere in Australia. I bet the ******* don't even market themselves in Canada anymore

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 09:09 PM
    I wonder who sat in the board meeting and said the words, let's ditch BlackBerry 10 and go Android?

The conversation should have been. Let's get Android Runtime updated on BB10 and let's market the hell out of our OS in every country possible. How bad could it be.

No one once of Marketing I seen anywhere in Australia. I bet the ******* don't even market themselves in Canada anymore

It takes big money to do large-scale advertising the way the larger smartphone makers do today. BlackBerry doesn't have the financial resources.

Consider that very very very very few companies make ANY money at all on Android smartphones today. Blowing BlackBerry's cash on a big marketing campaign for a product that even if it outsold recent BB10 models by 4:1 isn't likely to make much money for them, would be idiotic. I'd be inclined to think it would even be a breach of fiduciary duty to the company's shareholders for being reckless with the company's limited resources.
    JeepBB and jm1219 like this.
    02-07-16 11:36 PM
    Priv is out again on Amazon. Only sold through third party at over $700.

Looking at this pattern, I think the Priv is selling quite well. Does anyone know how many LG G4's are sold in a quarter or Moto Xs or HTC flagships? I know Blackberry said they need to sell more than 1 million per quarter, but how about other compay flagships?
    02-20-16 03:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    I know exactly who was involved in that decision and when. CIO and a now departed COO and of course Chen.
    Basically you fight a losing battle (BB10) or you fight and try to win (Priv) and make money .
    BTW, Google runtime is completely open source software and anyone can use it. However Google Play Services is not Open Source and they would never agree to provide that on non Android OS phones. BlackBerry tried but the cost was too high.
    Most of the software on BB10 except the base QNX-OS is all Open Source software. BB10 is almost as open as Android, problem is the Apps that Google Play Services is needed for. (Most good Android apps anyway)
    BlackBerry is notorious for taking Open Source software and customizing it themselves.
    An example, the BlackBerry ID you all have is Open Source Free Software for Identity and Access Mgt. They customized it from a company that will remain nameless and use it for free.
    Don't even get me started on their IoT strategy and how they plan to customize unsupported Open Source software.
    It is costing BlackBerry millions to support their own customized software when they could have purchased it(or leased SaaS) and pay support at half the cost.
    Some of the decisions to do it this way have worked out great for them. Most have not.
    BTW, back in 2010 they discussed going all in Android but Laz said NO... Balsillie said maybe but more importantly wanted to open up BBM as well to Android and iPhone in 2010. Oops... missed opp

Saying all that, this company has a lot of cash on hand. no debt, and are becoming a nifty little software company. Hardware is strictly there for Government and Business customers going forward. . Consumers are Gravy. (Thus no advertising).

Posted from my Priv
    eyesopen1111 and Coachbulldog like this.
    02-20-16 03:46 PM
    50,000 minimum. It's definitely overpriced.

Passport SE
    02-20-16 07:15 PM
    Trust me, if sales were "off the wall", as I indicated in a previous post somewhere in the past: They'd be screaming it from every crevice they could.

My assumption is that sales are "OK, but not over the top"...

Strange, with all that "over the top" marketing and all .....
    02-20-16 08:24 PM
    50,000 minimum. It's definitely overpriced.

Passport SE
    I agree that the price should be around 70 to 100 euro less.
    02-20-16 10:19 PM
    I don't remember seeing the passport selling out as often on Amazon as the priv. Good sign non the less

02-20-16 10:38 PM
    Saying all that, this company has a lot of cash on hand. no debt, and are becoming a nifty little software company. Posted from my Priv
    No debt? Where'd you get that idea from?

A quick look at their Q3 income statement found here: http://press.blackberry.com/content/...ec_17_2015.pdf

They have a hefty amount of both short term and long term debt totalling 2.4 billion. Then looking at their current assets (cash + acc receivables) its about even, if all debt was paid.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-20-16 11:41 PM
    The sales in UAE seems to be reasonable and the main carrier Etisalat has started AD campaign to promote the device. This is a positive sign as after a long gap BlackBerry is coming back into the market.
    I am sorry if I posted in the wrong thread.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    02-21-16 12:30 AM
    Here is the advertisement copy for the Priv released today in leading newspaper.

Attached Thumbnails Does anyone know how the priv is selling ?-15606.jpg  
    02-21-16 12:32 AM
    Here is the advertisement copy for the Priv released today in leading newspaper.

The only time I see a phone for free, is when it's not selling.
    02-21-16 01:15 AM
    The only time I see a phone for free, is when it's not selling.
    This also proves that carriers have confidence to sell the product otherwise releasing a half page advertisement costs lots of money .
    02-21-16 02:14 AM
    This also proves that carriers have confidence to sell the product otherwise releasing a half page advertisement costs lots of money .
    Also, free in carrier talk is not free. Just means the more your monthly bill will be since you paid nothing upfront.

Posted via CB10
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    02-21-16 02:21 AM
    Yes true agree with you 100 % everything gets added to the costs . Having said that this advertisement is for those who cannot buy the device in cash but can pay in equated monthly instalments.
    02-21-16 02:29 AM
129 ... 23456