You'll be happier with the LG V10. Lol I'm going back to V10
    Hell no. I swear by the PKB.
    Paraliotis3 likes this.
    02-01-16 09:43 AM
    I know I'm ready to pull the trigger for one... just not sure now, end of the month or early March. Too close to MWC, don't want to buy it then two days later the price drops.
    they're offering a $100 in accessories now i think via Shopblackberry
    02-01-16 09:51 AM
    Everybody that sees my Priv, comments on how nice it is, and they're blown away with the keyboard. I've also seen a few other Priv buddies out and about town. I think it's doing more than well here in the UAE. All these business financial guys are toting them about - maybe that's a bad thing... lolz

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-01-16 09:57 AM
    they're offering a $100 in accessories now i think via Shopblackberry
    I'm going a different route to buy it, so I'm eyeing an MSRP drop, plus I don't want that dock.
    02-01-16 10:03 AM
    I'm going a different route to buy it, so I'm eyeing an MSRP drop, plus I don't want that dock.
    fair enough. my biggest worry is the hardware problems, i hate buying things that don't work as expected
    Andrew Finley likes this.
    02-01-16 10:07 AM
    fair enough. my biggest worry is the hardware problems, i hate buying things that don't work as expected
    Well mine's still a full warrantied ShopBB unlocked phone. Just that I'm not going directly via ShopBB.
    02-01-16 10:14 AM
    50,000 +

02-01-16 02:51 PM
    Haha

Posted via Q10Bold
    02-01-16 04:07 PM
    If Apple and Samsung are seeing declining figures - what makes you think BlackBerry should see any good sales?

There's no growth to be had in the high end market - not for android.

I'm a bit scared that BlackBerry flubbed this one up.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 04:59 PM
    If Apple and Samsung are seeing declining figures - what makes you think BlackBerry should see any good sales?

I'm a bit scared that BlackBerry flubbed this one up.

Posted via CB10
    because of way too much competition and high prices...not everyone is willing to buy a high end device every year, at least that's Apple's problem. new markets are the key, and if BB can grab market shares everywhere then it should survive the test.
    02-01-16 08:05 PM
    Amazon is sold out. Only available through 3rd party sellers.

Says available in 1-2 MONTHS!

I'm waiting for my Amazon gift points to bulid up. Once I get to around $400 in Amazon credits, I may pull the trigger unless the Vienna is out by then. I'm at $175 at the moment in Amazon credits.
    02-02-16 12:22 AM
    Rogers store in Gatineau claims sales are excellent.
    It helps that the sales rep uses a Priv daily .
    That's what encouraged me to get mine.

dietertong and bitek like this.
    02-02-16 02:41 AM
    If this device can not be rooted and updated with another ROM, and also I doubt that BB will give it proper os updates, then it is useless to buy one. I'm very frustrated about their playbook scam, since I spent my hard-earned money on that piece of junk hoping to get BB10.
    02-02-16 02:52 AM
    If this device can not be rooted and updated with another ROM, and also I doubt that BB will give it proper os updates, then it is useless to buy one. I'm very frustrated about their playbook scam, since I spent my hard-earned money on that piece of junk hoping to get BB10.
    An unrootable phone may be useless to you, but the majority of Android users don't know what rooting is and probably wouldn't care even if they did know.
    02-02-16 03:43 AM
    It is selling like hot cakes! I saw lots of my friends are in.. they have brought the Priv. And you know what? It is awesome. Better than Apple, unique design. When you hold it, people will look at you, when you carry an Apple, it is so common, lame, boring, same old form factor, nothing innovative.

Take the Priv and you will know what i'm talking about !

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 04:37 AM
    But to be fair, I've only seen a Priv in the wild in downtown Toronto once. Most BlackBerries I see are the Classic and the odd Passport.
    02-02-16 07:28 AM
    When you hold it, people will look at you, when you carry an Apple, it is so common, lame, boring, same old form factor, nothing innovative.
    Take the Priv and you will know what i'm talking about !
    Posted via CB10
    if this is a reason to get a priv im out last i need is everyone "looking" at me because of the phone i have geez this is what our world is coming to "LOOK AT ME BECAUSE OF WHAT I HAVE"
    02-02-16 08:25 AM

Samsung and Apple are seeing declining figures because other OEMs are impinging upon their market. When the competition has that effect on Samsung and Apple, it stands to reason that somebody is seeing increased sales. There's still growth to be had. There's just a significant amount of competition.
    Paraliotis3 likes this.
    02-02-16 08:33 AM
    Based on what I have seen here in the USA with how T-Mobile has "not" promoted the Priv in a way I would have expected for a new device, it's not going to be very good. The stores I have been to have the device mixed in with the Galaxies and older iPhone devices and if you didn't know about the Priv you would not even notice it. The the ones I seen displayed had the device locked in a way that the keyboard couldn't be used properly and you cant even get a true feel for the device, sad.

PS: I sure hope someone in marketing up there in Waterloo are reading some of these post, but based on how they have marketed their devices here in the past, probably not.
    jope28 likes this.
    02-02-16 08:53 AM
    Samsung and Apple are seeing declining figures because other OEMs are impinging upon their market. When the competition has that effect on Samsung and Apple, it stands to reason that somebody is seeing increased sales. There's still growth to be had. There's just a significant amount of competition.
    But I thought the latest reports says the overall market shrank as well?

Either way. To that point if "Android and iPhone markets are not growing", what makes BB10 the viable path anyways...
    02-02-16 10:00 AM
    One other factor, at least in the States, is the loss of subsidies by the carriers. I and my wife never had a problem paying the small amount plus a two year contract when upgrading. I did buy the Passport outright from Amazon but I won't be able to shell out that kind of money for a new phone for quite awhile.
    When my wife saw how much it would cost to upgrade to the Priv she really balked at it. So I offered to and did pay the tax and the additional that will show up on our phone bill.
    This loss is going to affect many people, possibly directing them to cheaper phones, than higher speced/more expensive phones than when there were subsidies coupled with extending the contract that made the latests and greatest phones more affordable and desirable.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 02-02-16 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Fixed Typos
    02-02-16 11:07 AM
    Here's my 2 cents; I've visited the 4 AT&T stores here in orange county, ca and their combined sales to date are 5 Priv's, not good. Now onto the local T-Mobile stores.
    02-02-16 11:24 AM
    One other factor, at least in the States, is the loss of subsidies by the carriers. I and my wife never had a problem paying the small amount plus a two contract when upgrading. I did buy the Passport outright from Amazon but I won't be able to shell out that kind of money for a new phone for quite awhile.
    When my wife saw how much it would cost to upgrade to the Price she really balked at it. So I offered to and did pay the tax and the additional that will show up on our phone bill.
    This loss is going to affect many people, possibly directing them to cheaper phones, than higher speced/more expensive phones than when there were subsidies coupled with extending the contract that made the latests and greatest phones more affordable and desirable.
    you got a point, and you know what else, the new mid-tier phones are basically the flagships of last year and the year before. those phones still do a great job at keeping everyone happy. so really no need for extremely high specs and high prices anymore. a quad-core, 2 GB RAM, and 32GB memory phone with mid range price will be more appealing to people who can not afford flagships with almost pointless technology. the prices went up really quickly i think.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    02-02-16 11:45 AM
    The ATT near me in NYC said low sales and the PRIV display has been relegated to the back of the store. I do not think it is catching on.
    I can't wait for my Passport SE to arrive though.
    02-02-16 12:25 PM
    from what we've seen with wholesalers buying them to send to asia etc

there is a lot more demand compared to the Blackberry Passport

Even in India we know the Priv is becoming the status symbol phone right now(other than Vertu )

Sales seem decent from our view

And it only going up!
    02-03-16 06:09 AM
129 1234 ...