Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anybody had any news about priv hardware sales. I did not see any announcement from BlackBerry or did I just miss them?

Regards Tom

Posted with my amazing Z10
    01-30-16 05:10 AM
    I think Chen said Blackberry will stop releasing sales figures in the future

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-30-16 05:26 AM
    Any idea why?

01-30-16 07:09 AM
    Any idea why?

Probably because they're on the low side.

Posted from CB10
    01-30-16 07:19 AM
    Well, looking at the BB app dowloads (eg Hub, Calendar) in Google Play, they're all only at 50k. Since every Priv owner pretty much has to download these, I'm guessing not that great?
    RoboticGolem likes this.
    01-30-16 07:54 AM
    Well, looking at the BB app dowloads (eg Hub, Calendar) in Google Play, they're all only at 50k. Since every Priv owner pretty much has to download these, I'm guessing not that great?
    Ugh, not this again.

Pre-installed apps
    Both companies told me that they do not count pre-installed apps among their numbers.

Many Android devices come with apps pre-installed that can also be downloaded via the Google Play store, but those do not count towards Play Store downloads. Only apps downloaded from the Play Store with a user account are counted

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2013/05/...ownloads/#gref

01-30-16 08:00 AM
    Probably because they're on the low side.

Posted from CB10
    reminds me of my days in high school , i used to brag about the good grades,,,,the bad ones not so much : )

my guess is that the Priv is selling at a slow steady pace and things will get better with Verizon and the roll out in all the other countries, but it won't be a smash hit sales like the Galaxy series. it will be "ok" and acceptable for a fist Android device, but nothing spectacular.
    01-30-16 08:48 AM
    Does anyone know if you can get all the BlackBerry featured software on the Priv downloaded to say a 6P?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 12:41 PM
    Does anyone know if you can get all the BlackBerry featured software on the Priv downloaded to say a 6P?

Posted via CB10
    Check here for that http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1059855

 Frosty White Q10/.2876 CB10 
    FF22 likes this.
    01-30-16 12:56 PM
    How? Usually an exchange of currency for a product between a retailer and consumer. There are even options for financing and carrier contracts. You can even get one through online retailers who will mail it to you. That's how.

I'm kidding and almost at the end I realized it wasn't that funny but decided to leave it.

01-30-16 06:49 PM
    If the numbers were huge, Blackberry would have posted those sales figures.
    Every manufacturer loves to brag when the hit the mother lode on a product.
    I can't see big numbers with all BB devices.
    JeepBB and Q10Bold like this.
    01-31-16 11:31 AM
    I think it's been years since Blackberry has knocked one out of the park as far as consumer vote goes. Personally, I love the devices.
    01-31-16 12:30 PM
    I hope it sells like hot cakes, but on the other hand I don't want to have a phone that everyone else has.

01-31-16 01:03 PM
    I hope it sells like hot cakes, but on the other hand I don't want to have a phone that everyone else has.
    Why do you care what phone everyone else has?
    tvst28 likes this.
    01-31-16 01:08 PM
    Att can't keep them in stores fast enough, they sell like crazy, don't worry about the 50k downloads,that doesn't mean anything! I think BlackBerry Priv sells are very high after talking to the Att rep and she said that BlackBerry was finally out of the hole ( not sure what she knows,but sounds great for BlackBerry) .

Aaron's #BlackBerryZ10 🔟🆒
    Norg likes this.
    01-31-16 01:18 PM
    I think Chen said Blackberry will stop releasing sales figures in the future

In the future? They haven't done that in years anyway. All you ever get nowadays is vague estimates / statements and random analyst predictions.
    01-31-16 07:14 PM
    Ugh, not this again.

Pre-installed apps
    Both companies told me that they do not count pre-installed apps among their numbers.

Many Android devices come with apps pre-installed that can also be downloaded via the Google Play store, but those do not count towards Play Store downloads. Only apps downloaded from the Play Store with a user account are counted

Billions: How exactly do Apple and Google count app downloads?

That article is not valid anymore. It was valid in 2013. Numbers from Play Store are correct...Maybe you can explain why Google map has 5 billions downloads? Google map is preinstalled on every Android with Google play and cannot be uninstalled without root.
    01-31-16 07:49 PM
    Att can't keep them in stores fast enough, they sell like crazy, don't worry about the 50k downloads,that doesn't mean anything! I think BlackBerry Priv sells are very high after talking to the Att rep and she said that BlackBerry was finally out of the hole ( not sure what she knows,but sounds great for BlackBerry) .

Aaron's #BlackBerryZ10 
    That's interesting. Glad to see tactics have changed for at&t. At one time the CS were telling me and others to order online while other places like Best Buy and WalMart never carried them- unless that has changed as well. So, that is good news.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    01-31-16 08:41 PM
    I think it only changed because everyone wants the Priv, when I was in there a few times paying my bill there was at least 2 to 4 people buying the Priv, (and I mean paying for it at that moment) and about 2 people at the Display looking at it. I know for a fact that BlackBerry is back, my Cousin works for att in Anadarko and she said it sells so fast that they started out getting 2 a week and now they get a box full and when I asked how many were in a box she said she thinks 50 phones per box, a they only order by the box if their selling more than 5 of that phone per day #BlackBerry4Life

Aaron's #BlackBerryZ10 🔟🆒
    Mr4aces and sam2172 like this.
    01-31-16 09:19 PM
    Not to we'll in my neighborhood at T-Mobile store. 4 days into sales and I was their first purchasing customer. Not a single person bought on prior.
    01-31-16 11:33 PM
    That article is not valid anymore. It was valid in 2013. Numbers from Play Store are correct...Maybe you can explain why Google map has 5 billions downloads? Google map is preinstalled on every Android with Google play and cannot be uninstalled without root.
    Haha, there's only 7 billion people on the planet and 1 billion of those are under 5 years old, 1 Billion over 70yrs old, 1.5 billion don't own a phone, 2 billion don't run Android. Etc. Etc.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    02-01-16 04:31 AM
    Haha, there's only 7 billion people on the planet and 1 billion of those are under 5 years old, 1 Billion over 70yrs old, 1.5 billion don't own a phone, 2 billion don't run Android. Etc. Etc.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    OK, "google maps" has 1 - 5 billions installs. 1 or 5 billions doesn't matter... what does matter is that preinstalled apps are counting.
    Q10Bold and eyesopen1111 like this.
    02-01-16 05:28 AM
    I know for a fact that BlackBerry is back, my Cousin works for att in Anadarko and she said
    Anecdote ≠ data
    JeepBB, jm1219 and Omnitech like this.
    02-01-16 06:32 AM
    I know I'm ready to pull the trigger for one... just not sure now, end of the month or early March. Too close to MWC, don't want to buy it then two days later the price drops.
    02-01-16 08:45 AM
    I know I'm ready to pull the trigger for one... just not sure now, end of the month or early March. Too close to MWC, don't want to buy it then two days later the price drops.
    You'll be happier with the LG V10. Lol I'm going back to V10
    02-01-16 09:40 AM
129 123 ...