01-30-16 11:20 AM
    01-30-16 11:23 AM
    What if you leave the word mispelled?

Is the red line underneath? In that way, you are alerted to a possible typo before sending? Like in the subject line of my screenshot?

Also, the red line underneath mispelled words is how you add words to your dictionary and how to choose the correct word when the word is tapped ...
    Last edited by masseywines; 01-30-16 at 06:14 PM.
    01-30-16 11:33 AM
    You are correct. Doesn't work. Never noticed because of autocorrect.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-30-16 11:45 AM
    Not it's not working. This is an example of autocorrect not spellchecker.

jm1219 likes this.
    01-30-16 11:45 AM
    why does it work everywhere else? Tasks, notes, BBB - It even works in the subject heading - it should works along with auto correct.
    01-30-16 11:56 AM
    why does it work everywhere else? Tasks, notes, BBB - It even works in the subject heading - it should works along with auto correct.
    It should but doesn't. Need c_bryant to comment.

01-30-16 01:11 PM
    I guess it's just a bug?
    should be fixed in an upcoming update
    01-30-16 03:16 PM
    I guess it's just a bug?
    should be fixed in an upcoming update
    Android WebView doesn't support it today and that's what the compose screen is based on. We're working to see how we can get it hooked up.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    01-30-16 03:34 PM
    Android WebView doesn't support it today and that's what the compose screen is based on. We're working to see how we can get it hooked up.
    What "component" do you use for the Subject field and why can't that be used for the Body?
    01-30-16 03:35 PM
    TextViews. You'd lose a lot of the rich text formatting for HTML emails.
    jm1219 likes this.
    01-30-16 04:16 PM
    Honest question: What do other email apps use that have functioning spell check, such as Gmail and Nine?

masseywines likes this.
    01-30-16 04:22 PM
    Is there an update to this? How can you not have implemented something so essential as a spell check into an email app?

I continue to be able to use spell check AND rich text in the Gmail and other apps.

This is an utterly preposterous oversight.

04-23-16 09:35 AM
    Is there an update to this? How can you not have implemented something so essential as a spell check into an email app?

I continue to be able to use spell check AND rich text in the Gmail and other apps.

This is an utterly preposterous oversight.

I imagine there's a difference between an 'utterly preposterous oversight' (sic) and something with a new software that so far hasn't been added.

zephyr613 likes this.
    04-23-16 10:42 AM
    I imagine there's a difference between an 'utterly preposterous oversight' (sic) and something with a new software that so far hasn't been added.

Not in this case. Unacceptable it was released without a spellchecker.

04-23-16 11:39 AM
    I did not realize that the Hub did not highlight misspelled words in the body of the email. That is really a bit "quirky" to be kind. I guess now that I know that, if I have something important to write, I can first compose it in another app (I found the Note app does have spell check) and then move it. But I believe it should be corrected sooner rather than later.
    04-23-16 12:23 PM
    I did not realize that the Hub did not highlight misspelled words in the body of the email. That is really a bit "quirky" to be kind. I guess now that I know that, if I have something important to write, I can first compose it in another app (I found the Note app does have spell check) and then move it. But I believe it should be corrected sooner rather than later.
    Should be? Yes. Will be? Well that's what I'm asking. They inexplicably launched the Hub (the main email app of a company that claim to be all about email communication) without a spell check. It's been 7 months. No spell check.

So what makes you believe it's going to be fixed soon?

fanisk likes this.
    04-23-16 12:54 PM
    Bumping this thread,

Blackberry put in a bug report for this and it looks like a patch came out. Guess we need to wait for this to appear in the next ROM update...https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium...tail?id=583616
    06-29-16 09:19 AM
    Spellcheck now working if you got an update of Android webview app: /blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/any-news-hub-email-spell-check-1092871/#post12701656
    FF22 likes this.
    12-17-16 12:23 AM