They seem to be completely oblivious to all that is detailed here...how come... is it just no care for the customers or is it a death wish ??

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    01-03-16 08:43 PM
    They do. A BlackBerry rep responded to some feedback about the Hub implementation & asked for additional details about what we thought would make it better. It was both surprising and impressive to see!

Posted via Passport CB10
    xxslxx and smallwonder77 like this.
    01-03-16 08:46 PM
    Somebody may scan looking at issues. IMO it would be inappropriate to provide direct support through this forum since they already have a support process. Doubt they look at all the BlackBerry stinks because the Priv has Android threads.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    01-03-16 08:54 PM
    Is that one isolated instance of one great employee, or does it happen regularly? Why do they make this so obscure when they could win over lots of the disgruntled by showing off their concern... there is a huge turnaround opportunity here; do they know it? Do they reward employees in Waterloo for discovery of deficiencies amenable to correction, or do they treat them like some do here those who complain tagging them as haters or trolls or disloyal? Constructive criticism is the lifeblood of a flagging company trying to hold on & flourish.
    01-03-16 08:55 PM
    It's a pretty fair guess that they do. Most companies will monitor social and forum media regarding themselves. Though not always openly. And sometimes openly. But for the most genuine and honest opinions they participate as a user or customer.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 08:57 PM
    To now I find dealing with BlackBerry evokes the term "supercilious" from the CEO down. This is my first experience with BlackBerry & I have that impression; it is BlackBerry's job to shw me it ain't so...
    01-03-16 08:59 PM
    There was someone in the Priv forum when it launched, but I haven't seen them comment on a while although I may have missed it.
    01-03-16 09:03 PM
    If they are lurking here, why are there some long-standing issues never adresses. At present the exact example is the latest bb10 update to 2836/2876 which BROKE the ability to uninstall android apps... How come they haven't withdrawn the update & put out a minor version with that repaired. It's a puzzlement they are so unresponsive... a Sachesi downgrade of the Android runtime is posted herein... are they nuts?? The amateurs & development savvy on these forums came up with the fix in a jiffy. JC...wake up !!
    Last edited by patapoof; 01-03-16 at 09:50 PM.
    lift likes this.
    01-03-16 09:07 PM
    John Chen is aware of the presence of Crackberry and their plan to assassinate him re: the android Priv.

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    01-03-16 09:14 PM
    there are a couple employees here that are part of the Priv crew. to my knowledge BB had some rules against this kind of thing but are lifted now. I am sure they read thru forums before the Priv though just not making comments and such.
    01-03-16 09:15 PM
    I they are lurking here, why are there some long-standing issues never adresses. At present the exact example is the latest bb10 update to 2836/2876 which BROKE the ability to uninstall android apps... How come they haven't withdrawn the update & put out a minor version with that repaired. It's a puzzlement they are so unresponsive... a Sachesi downgrade of the Android runtime is posted herein... are they nuts?? The amateurs & development savvy on these forums came up with the fix in a jiffy. JC...wake up !!
    It's not always that simple, since there's only like 1 guys who works on the weekends to update BlackBerry 10. Not to mention holiday season so probably they have been off for the past two weeks.
    01-03-16 09:47 PM
    But their lag in responsiveness has extended over the year+ I have owned the device...
    01-03-16 09:49 PM
    Somebody may scan looking at issues. IMO it would be inappropriate to provide direct support through this forum since they already have a support process. Doubt they look at all the BlackBerry stinks because the Priv has Android threads.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    BlackBerry has a support forum... would seem like that would be the best use of the resources.

One thing they got right with the PlayBook.... was support. But sticking with this support via the Carrier or Re-seller has only hurt BlackBerry image, especially when BB10 had so MANY issues back in the beginning. I think I spent at least four hours on the phone (+ time at home reloading the OS as they asked) when I reported my rebooting issues to Verizon and then finally got sent up to Verizon support. And in the end, I was told that a solution would be coming..... I ended up loading a leaked OS and that fixed my problem. A normal person would have given up long before I got to a resolution, because I was still in my return window (if only).
    01-05-16 02:11 PM
    BlackBerry farmed out support to the Philippines & their knowledge comes off a screen. Not useful.
    01-05-16 03:19 PM
    BlackBerry used to host a forum on "icanmakeitbetter.com" and it was chock full of useful insights from users and so on, but they let it die and frankly, one-off polling of CrackBerry.com membership is a pretty darn ineffective way to gather customer feedback.

I expect it was whomever is somehow responsible for prioritizing the development effort for the Hub acting on their own accord.

If BlackBerry really wanted to solicit feedback, there are plenty of ways i.e. USE BLACKBERRY.COM or something.
    01-05-16 03:30 PM
    BB10 is on maintenance support, so you should not expect that problems with BB10 are going to be resolved as fast as it use to. The Priv is the priority and thus get the resources in the hardware division.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 03:36 PM
    As for BlackBerry.com, I used to frequent their help forums... never seen a worse bunch of bad advice. & snarky comments, especially the supposed experts... here on CB good knowledge to be had if one can wade through the fanboy crapp & the tin foil hat crowd...

BlackBerry used to host a forum on "icanmakeitbetter.com" and it was chock full of useful insights from users and so on, but they let it die and frankly, one-off polling of CrackBerry.com membership is a pretty darn ineffective way to gather customer feedback.

I expect it was whomever is somehow responsible for prioritizing the development effort for the Hub acting on their own accord.

If BlackBerry really wanted to solicit feedback, there are plenty of ways i.e. USE BLACKBERRY.COM or something.
    01-05-16 04:15 PM
    As for BlackBerry.com, I used to frequent their help forums... never seen a worse bunch of bad advice. & snarky comments, especially the supposed experts... here on CB good knowledge to be had if one can wade through the fanboy crapp & the tin foil hat crowd...
    Yes, if it is properly managed as a part of their strategic inbound marketing, "blackberry.com" is the right place to do a lot of stuff. But if they want to just throw a discussion forum up there, leave it unmoderated, and not engage, it will quickly become... what it became.
    01-05-16 04:43 PM
    I started a thread about how to turn off gestures on the physical keyboard because my sloppy typing style gave me problems with the Priv thinking I double tapped and then slide the cursor around. One of the BlackBerry techs that developed the keyboard for the Priv posted that I should make sure I try it again after software updates because they will be making improvements. I also saw one of the camera developers responding to a posted issue, asking for details, and I believe the issue was resolved. So to answer the OP, yes they do. Yay BlackBerry!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    smcv likes this.
    01-05-16 07:35 PM
    Good...

Recently??

I started a thread about how to turn off gestures on the physical keyboard because my sloppy typing style gave me problems with the Priv thinking I double tapped and then slide the cursor around. One of the BlackBerry techs that developed the keyboard for the Priv posted that I should make sure I try it again after software updates because they will be making improvements. I also saw one of the camera developers responding to a posted issue, asking for details, and I believe the issue was resolved. So to answer the OP, yes they do. Yay BlackBerry!

01-05-16 07:39 PM
    As for KB gestures: one person suggested keeping both thumbs in contact... works better...for me
    01-05-16 07:43 PM
    Many employees check CrackBerry quite frequently. It is a good source of feedback and helps identify problems. We have been forbidden from actively participating until recently. I personally scan through the Priv forum here at least once a day (if not more often) on my own personal time looking for camera or related issues, and I know a few colleagues who do the same.
    Jonneh, just_luc and Ecm like this.
    01-05-16 09:31 PM
    They seem to be completely oblivious to all that is detailed here...how come... is it just no care for the customers or is it a death wish ??

Posted via CB10
    They don't care what people here think. The amount of people here is insignificant compared to the audience that BlackBerry wants to gain back. Different demographics. All the arm chair CEOs here on the Crack berry forum don't mean **** to the R and D dept of BlackBerry.
    01-05-16 09:51 PM
    Many employees check CrackBerry quite frequently. It is a good source of feedback and helps identify problems. We have been forbidden from actively participating until recently. I personally scan through the Priv forum here at least once a day (if not more often) on my own personal time looking for camera or related issues, and I know a few colleagues who do the same.
    Have to echo the same. I work at BlackBerry in a product management capacity on the Hub and PIM more generally for the Priv. Have been coming here for feedback, suggestions, opinions, etc. for quite some time, and continue to daily. I can't count the number of times I've received hugely valuable insight, problem details and logs from the community here that I've used to help shape the product and software we deliver and make them better.

There's a broad range of sources we receive feedback from to help pinpoint issues and pain points, or more just the things people would love to see built to help them be productive, but the passion in the community here always makes this a great starting point. There are a lot of hugely passionate people at the company who want to see our customers and users thrilled with the products we deliver, and who work to make that happen in many different capacities. I can definitely say a lot of those people that I work with daily are all quite familiar with this community
    just_luc, Ecm and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    01-05-16 10:42 PM
    Good...

Recently??
    They're in the thread about Panorama mode on the camera right now. See for yourself. 2 employees.

01-05-16 11:57 PM
28 12