Is it a crackberry or an android? What does this mean for crackberry? I don't want it to be another flash in the pan for AC. They get a new phone they rave about every week.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 02:28 PM
    Well considering that it is a BlackBerry that runs the Android OS, I imagine both sites will be reviewing/covering the device.

All of the Android and BlackBerry sites I visit are already talking about the Slider. That alone will make this the most talked about (and hopefully best-selling) smartphone from BlackBerry in a very long time.
    09-16-15 02:35 PM
    More coverage = more people know about it = possibly higher sales = profit for BlackBerry = global domination = destruction of the Milky Way Galaxy = supermassive black hole = disappearance of known universe = big bang v2.0
    FF22 likes this.
    09-16-15 02:43 PM
    T-Mobile news even posted about it

Rock'n that Passport
    Attached Thumbnails Does androidcentral.com cover slider?-3642.jpg  
    09-16-15 02:52 PM
    It'll be both here and on the Android forums (central and xda at the very least).

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 04:08 PM
    Crackberry is done.

____BlackBerry 10 makes me stay___
    09-16-15 06:44 PM
    Fook it! Just migrate anything slider related over to Android central. Don't want to deal with android users coming over here. Let them have it.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 07:13 PM
    Fook it! Just migrate anything slider related over to Android central. Don't want to deal with android users coming over here. Let them have it.

Posted via CB10
    There have been loads of Android users here for years. Not everyone here only uses one platform. CrackBerry's traffic and ad revenue would drop significantly if they kicked out all of the Android users.

I'm pretty sure that they care about traffic and ad revenue so I don't think you'll get your wish. Brace yourself, even more Android users are coming.

Which will be great for both BlackBerry and CrackBerry.
    z3user and AdamThatsIt like this.
    09-16-15 07:33 PM
    Rumors of a BB10 version of the Venice should be good enough to keep CrackBerry hopping for at least another year.
    09-16-15 08:12 PM
    Rumors of a BB10 version of the Venice should be good enough to keep CrackBerry hopping for at least another year.
    Those rumours were 99% based on wishful thinking.
    09-16-15 11:52 PM
    Those rumours were 99% based on wishful thinking.
    And the other 1% were those dummy phones they held up during MWC. The ones that look like a screen shot shown with a backlight and was never shown working or functioning in any way.
    09-17-15 12:05 AM
    Both Android central and CB should review it:
    - AC should review the phone and see how it stacks up to other Android phones
    - CB should review the phone and see how it stacks up to BB10 phones.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-17-15 02:50 AM
    Well considering that it is a BlackBerry that runs the Android OS, I imagine both sites will be reviewing/covering the device.

All of the Android and BlackBerry sites I visit are already talking about the Slider. That alone will make this the most talked about (and hopefully best-selling) smartphone from BlackBerry in a very long time.
    The most talked about since Chen came on board. But, then again, Chen has been awful at selling devices. The BB10/Z10 launch was huge. It was covered everywhere and with a sense of importance. And, when I mean everywhere, I mean from Mashable to the New York Times. BlackBerry only sold a million units that quarter, but it was enough to make the company profitable briefly. Those were good times compared to the cluster than Chen has brought.

Nevertheless, I agree it's being talked about. Not sure I care. Both Windows 10 and iOS are superior. I wanted to stick with BlackBerry because BB10 had a shot at developing into the Blendy, distributed computing nextgen OS to win the war. Android may be a better currentgen OS than BB10 since Chen has neglected BB10 and Android has a decent ecosystem, but people might as well get the Sony Experia Z5 premium or something...

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 02:51 AM