A friend of mine converted from Android to iPhone a year ago and suggests me to do the same. He said his last Android was a Note 3, and lags after about a year and his iPhone doesn't lag even after a few years.

Did Android solve this problem after Lollipop or M?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    09-27-15 09:42 PM
    A friend of mine converted from Android to iPhone a year ago and suggests me to do the same. He said his last Android was a Note 3, and lags after about a year and his iPhone doesn't lag even after a few years.

Did Android solve this problem after Lollipop or M?

Well, the truth is that both iOS and Android can get laggy, but between the two, Android earned a reputation of starting to get laggy after a few months and app installs. In the early days this was quite annoying, while iOS remained reasonably snappy even when fully loaded.

Today, that's much less of a concern, with super powerfull processors that modern androids have, and constant OS development, Android has overcome those problems. Althought iOS is still the king of reliability and smoothness, you really have to mess Android a lot to make a high end device stutter or lag, or apps crashing. On cheap Android phones, is more likely to see these problems occur.

If you're buying a top spec android (like the Priv), that should not be a concern for you
    yhamaie likes this.
    09-27-15 09:53 PM
    Well, the truth is that both iOS and Android can get laggy, but between the two, Android earned a reputation of starting to get laggy after a few months and app installs. In the early days this was quite annoying, while iOS remained reasonably snappy even when fully loaded.

Today, that's much less of a concern, with super powerfull processors that modern androids have, and constant OS development, Android has overcome those problems. Althought iOS is still the king of reliability and smoothness, you really have to mess Android a lot to make a high end device stutter or lag, or apps crashing. On cheap Android phones, is more likely to see these problems occur.

If you're buying a top spec android (like the Priv), that should not be a concern for you
    I understand Android won't lag out of box anymore. But does it keep snappy after say 6 months?

09-27-15 10:08 PM
    There are people here who complain all the time about laggy BB10 devices. I've never experienced it. Like any OS, it depends on how carefully you manage your device, what apps you run, and how you perform your updates.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-27-15 10:13 PM
    I think it also depends on the apps you install. I installed an app and my battery wasn't lasting as good as usual so in un installed the app. Also some keyboards are snappier than others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-27-15 10:53 PM
    Pick your phone vendor carefully, don't buy cheap low end phones, don't use your phone mindlessly, and clean up huge messaging apps conversation every now and then. Your phone will stay smooth.
    09-27-15 11:22 PM
    There are people here who complain all the time about laggy BB10 devices. I've never experienced it. Like any OS, it depends on how carefully you manage your device, what apps you run, and how you perform your updates.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    Same here. No lag on my BlackBerry 10. I suspect that RAM munching android apps which run freely in the background may be the cause of lag in both BlackBerry 10 and android phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 02:12 AM
    I understand Android won't lag out of box anymore. But does it keep snappy after say 6 months?

In a device with the specs this one has I don't know. I don't know how these new Android updates will do. I also depends a lot on how much crap you put into your phone, and what kid of apps. If you install a lot of apps that run in the background, it might slow down a lot more, than a person that doesn't install as much.

But I would assume that after 6 months you should be safe, the Priv is very powerfull, and Android as come a long way.
    09-28-15 10:37 AM
    It depends on the device and it's specs, my classic lags comparative to my passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 10:42 AM
    All OS builds lag with time and use. However when it comes to Androids,Samsung based devices have a lot of bloat ware which gives the reputation for extra lag. Most stock Android devices are pretty good, such as the nexus devices or play edition devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 01:01 PM
    depend of what kind off apps you using and aslo how many you install.
    09-28-15 01:03 PM
    There are many contributing factors to androids lag.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/This-...e-root_id72791

And I do believe it's all android devices not only Samsung, though bloated non stock android would get laggy much faster than stock android.

The more android apps you have on your android device. The more it lags. Might be oversimplifiying but evidence on many forums conclude the same thing.

https://www.androidpit.com/why-is-my...e-running-slow

http://www.howtogeek.com/183004/why-...speed-them-up/

http://m.androidcentral.com/my-andro...gs-back#slide2

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 03:06 PM
    I've got the Note 4 and is fast. Remember the type of Micro SD you have effects the phones speed and lag. My friend was getting lag and he upgraded MicroSD and it was a HUGE difference...

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 04:48 PM
    I've had my S5 for 18 months now and no lag issues whatsoever. There's been the occasional app crash but I've had that happen on my Q10 as well. Like Joao Oliveira said, if you're buying a high end Android, lag is not really an issue.
    09-30-15 05:08 PM
    I've had my S5 for 18 months now and no lag issues whatsoever. There's been the occasional app crash but I've had that happen on my Q10 as well. Like Joao Oliveira said, if you're buying a high end Android, lag is not really an issue.
    The problem is that some people buy a budget android phone and base their android experience off that.

astrodan13 likes this.
    09-30-15 05:34 PM
    I wondered why it took so long for this post to appear.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 08:22 PM
    Truth be told, plenty of lag in my Android running Samsung Galaxy S6. Zero in my iPhone 6 Plus. I see it occasionally in my Passport (usually when running a search with the Assistant).

I'm a little concerned that the Priv will have the dreaded Android lag but I think if it stays true to pure Android (like the Google Nexus phones) and doesn't load up lots of memory/processor running processes like Samsung does, it should be ok. I'm no iPhone fanboy (I love all 4 platforms for different reasons) but I doubt the Priv will ever approach the snappiness of the iPhone - it's one thing Apple does very well since they control the hardware and OS and you have to give them credit for that.
    09-30-15 08:53 PM
    Android is no worse than BB10

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    09-30-15 09:16 PM
    Android is no worse than BB10

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    Yes, yes it is.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 09:25 PM
    The problem is that some people buy a budget android phone and base their android experience off that.

Because the typical android user buy based on specs, so they buy some crap that says "quad-core", then proceed to tell their iphone friends that his 150$ android is more powerful than their 700$ dual core iphones, then his android starts to lag and stutter because those 4 cores are as powerful as a chicken...
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-30-15 09:29 PM
    I switch between Blackberry OS10, Android and IOS all the time because of my clients needs and I don't notice any major lag issues, but I pretty much use the same apps across the board so as everyone has stated in the thread, it's all about how you manage your device. Just my experience.
    10-01-15 03:49 AM
    Okay, let me put it this way. If you are on a flagship Android phone with lollipop or Marshmallow , say Priv, and you install and use average amount of apps as an average user instead of someone crazy about apps, without paying much attention to manage your phone (to be honest, who has the time for that):

would it lag or stutter after a few months?

10-04-15 07:28 AM
    Okay, let me put it this way. If you are on a flagship Android phone with lollipop or Marshmallow , say Priv, and you install and use average amount of apps as an average user instead of someone crazy about apps, without paying much attention to manage your phone (to be honest, who has the time for that):

would it lag or stutter after a few months?

No.

Posted via C5303
    10-04-15 07:33 AM
    No.

Posted via C5303
    Which Android phone did you use and for how long? (didn't mean to question, just trying to get an idea... my friend /w a Note 3 told me his phone lagged real bad after a year, which is like 1-2 years ago, he wipes his phone from time to time btw)

10-04-15 07:36 AM

Be Honest, I am a long time iOS and BB user and iOS are never leggy for me

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 10:22 AM
31 12