Classic = 2MP
    Porsche = 2MP
    Leap = 2MP
    Priv = 2MP

no increase at all from early 2013 until the end of 2015 / early 2016
    LOL oh my..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-19-15 10:44 PM
    The passport at $500 was the most expensive phone I ever purchased. Certain aspects of it are superb...not all.

My wife's DroidMini has a very good camera & is quite snappy & fun... it serves her well for around $200. Battery life is good. QI charge is ok. Internal storage is adequate & I back it up to the cloud in case of disaster. It updated itself to 4.5 inch while back without a hitch. I have yet to delete bloat for her. It's too small for my old eyes, but the size is great for her.

I would not ever wish to give up my Passport KB, & I use the blend/link/hub trio all day long.

If the Priv is not priced too high, I would consider it IF the blend/link/hub are there... I took around a half dozen selfies in the year I have the Passport so I don't care about that 2mp issue which could narrow the market somewhat. I don't shop in stores enough to care about NFC payments & fingerprint or iris tools.

The Priv would work for me if it turns out to be cost attainable, reliable, not bogged down by BlackBerry so-called security, & doesn't fall apart or tip too badly while typing...

I won't be the first on line at the BlackBerry store, but may not be the last either... we'll see
    Please tell me this has NFC? It has to? Even Apple finally got on board with this. Just used it to transfer a ton of pics from my friends S6 to my Passport (because we mostly used the front camera and his pictures came out so much better than mine, mess).

Just not sure why you added in that you don't care about NFC? If it indeed has a 2MP without NFC then I'm out. Besides using NFC all the time, I'd like to try Google Wallet or whatever they call it.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 04:04 AM
    Please tell me this has NFC? It has to? Even Apple finally got on board with this. Just used it to transfer a ton of pics from my friends S6 to my Passport (because we mostly used the front camera and his pictures came out so much better than mine, mess).

Just not sure why you added in that you don't care about NFC? If it indeed has a 2MP without NFC then I'm out. Besides using NFC all the time, I'd like to try Google Wallet or whatever they call it.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it has nfc
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    10-20-15 04:13 AM
    If it's a 2mp front camera it's a no go for the wife

Posted via CB10
    the crappy BB cameras are why i went to an LG G4....and I don't want a pkb either. So it was a no=brainer of a choice. Oh and I have a removeable battery and SD card slot too.............
    10-20-15 07:26 AM
    I get the appeal of selfie sticks in those situations. You get more of the background and you can document that you were there. But it seemed that all of the people who were using them were in a group, and one person in the group would take the selfie stick and just take a picture of themselves with the canyon in the background. Then the next person would use it, etc. In those instances, I was wondering why someone in the group didn't take a pic of the person!

I think my front facing camera did a pretty good job .

http://i.imgur.com/ekrfXIA.jpg
    They were in a groups.... but individually they were each documenting their "own" experiences. For many it was most likely a once in a lifetime visit to Disney, and even to this country.

There is a reason that most every manufacture has increased, and continues to increase the capabilities of the front facing camera and lighting on the front in some way..... it is a feature that many users are being drawn too.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-20-15 07:48 AM
    the crappy BB cameras are why i went to an LG G4....and I don't want a pkb either. So it was a no=brainer of a choice. Oh and I have a removeable battery and SD card slot too.............
    I'm selling my g4 for the priv lol I'm sure it will be 5mp anyway

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-20-15 11:56 AM
    Loll we're here complaining about the front camera's megapixels when the competition has already moved onto wide angle selfie cameras and some even having TWO front facing cameras for selfie or wide angle selfies...

BlackBerry has always been a joke in the camera department - I guess they really want to target the old corporate types with this phone too. Big mistake - they're not gonna like android that much.

If the legacy folks didn't like BlackBerry 10, there's no way in hell they're gonna like android.

If you're going to take a shot at the consumer space give it all you got - BlackBerry needs it.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    10-20-15 12:01 PM
    This site report a 5MP front camera.

http://priv.blackberryrussia.com/specs/
    Z30Commission likes this.
    10-20-15 12:03 PM

BlackBerry Priv Secure Smartphone ? Specifications
    and bbm video
    10-20-15 12:13 PM

BlackBerry Priv Secure Smartphone ? Specifications
    It does... that's interesting. It looks like official Blackberry site from russia...
    10-20-15 01:01 PM
    It does... that's interesting. It looks like official Blackberry site from russia...
    people are saying its phoney (pun intended), but I'm not so certain.
    10-20-15 01:03 PM
    Grow up dude. As others have said: you need a serious look in the mirror.

You go on some asinine rant complaining about everyone else, then when we call you out on doing exactly what you are complaining about; you respond by posting "funny" images. I can already hear you calling for your mom and warming up another hot pocket.

Posted via CB10
    WT44 likes this.
    10-20-15 01:47 PM
    In my opinion, BB's users usually don't care much about the specs but efficiency. But c'mon guy, we're going to jump in Android market so it will be very different. This is a new piece of cake for BB, so they have to appeal and gain the love from another user. Finally, I think 5MP front cam is necessary
    10-20-15 01:57 PM
    5 MP front .
    10-20-15 02:16 PM
    5 MP front .
    Know that for sure?
    10-20-15 02:20 PM
    Grow up dude. As others have said: you need a serious look in the mirror.

You go on some asinine rant complaining about everyone else, then when we call you out on doing exactly what you are complaining about; you respond by posting "funny" images. I can already hear you calling for your mom and warming up another hot pocket.

Posted via CB10
    Wich part did I ofend you? I'm telling my opinion, if you can't digest it go to the chemist... Did you and your friends call the day to do personal attacks on me? You need to grow up, not me, I'm fine at 27, I have my job and pay my bills, I don't owe you anything.

I rather post "funny images" than some undegested meal like you just did...

This is a forum to talk about phones, I'm here since 2013, and never had a "gang" like you guys chasing someone like that... chill up

If you have anything to say that doesn't involve Blackberry, smartphones or whatever send me PM and we talk there.
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 10-20-15 at 05:50 PM.
    10-20-15 04:58 PM
    5 MP front .
    We believe it's 2MP. The leaked photos show 2MP, and the specs on websites with pre-orders also say 2MP... The 5mp claims seem to be only on old rumours now unfortunatly
    10-20-15 05:51 PM
    We believe it's 2MP. The leaked photos show 2MP, and the specs on websites with pre-orders also say 2MP... The 5mp claims seem to be only on old rumours now unfortunatly
    probably default setting front cam is 2mp but it can select 5mp, 2mp, 1mp. who knows.

my friend have a Samsung prime, the default setting is 3.7mp, but he can select to 5mp
    10-20-15 07:12 PM
    Wich part did I ofend you? I'm telling my opinion, if you can't digest it go to the chemist... Did you and your friends call the day to do personal attacks on me? You need to grow up, not me, I'm fine at 27, I have my job and pay my bills, I don't owe you anything.

I rather post "funny images" than some undegested meal like you just did...

This is a forum to talk about phones, I'm here since 2013, and never had a "gang" like you guys chasing someone like that... chill up

If you have anything to say that doesn't involve Blackberry, smartphones or whatever send me PM and we talk there.
    You offended me by insulting this community while doing the same thing you were complaining about. Let me be incredibly clear. Your opinion is the same as the opinions you are complaining about.

Your middle two sentences don't make sense.

You are the one that started talking about things that don't involve BlackBerry when you started this thread insulting the people of this community while doing the very thing you were complaining about.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 07:48 PM
    You offended me by insulting this community while doing the same thing you were complaining about. Let me be incredibly clear. Your opinion is the same as the opinions you are complaining about.

Your middle two sentences don't make sense.

You are the one that started talking about things that don't involve BlackBerry when you started this thread insulting the people of this community while doing the very thing you were complaining about.

Posted via CB10
    Let's Quote my posts where I insulted you and the comunity, because I think you're overcooking things, maybe you had a bad day, I don't know man...

You, "BBRYed" and "WT44" just came out from nowere attacking me at the same time for (initially) not agreeing with the "anti 2MP" comments. Are you guys friends or something? In over 2 years of CB, never had people raging at me like you 3 guys are... Just have a tea and relax... It's just people arguing about smartphones in a forum, you're overreacting... You see "Android fanboys", "isheep", "BB dieHards" all the time, doesn't mean people are insulting eachother lol... Peace my friend!

(if I insulted anybody that badly, moderation of Crackberry would have taken hands of it already...)
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 10-20-15 at 08:57 PM.
    10-20-15 08:39 PM
    probably default setting front cam is 2mp but it can select 5mp, 2mp, 1mp. who knows.

my friend have a Samsung prime, the default setting is 3.7mp, but he can select to 5mp
    That could happen, althought recent rumours and reports all seem to go in the 2MP direction. But let's wait and see, it could be a nice surprise if it was 5mp
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-20-15 08:41 PM
    Hearing lots of sources from other threads say it's 5mp.

You know what needs to happen?

BlackBerry NEEDS THE ANNOUNCE THE DAMN PHONE.
    10-21-15 10:15 AM
    That could happen, althought recent rumours and reports all seem to go in the 2MP direction. But let's wait and see, it could be a nice surprise if it was 5mp
    I need an educated guess from you as a photographer professional. Assuming the slider thickness is 3-4 mm (a total guess on my part), is it impossible to incorporate a 5 MP shooter, because of physical constraints?. I'm assuming its not possible as BB would clearly have done so, assuming again we only get 2. How thick is a 5MP vs 2 MP? any thoughts?
    Doggerz likes this.
    10-21-15 10:26 AM
    I need an educated guess from you as a photographer professional. Assuming the slider thickness is 3-4 mm (a total guess on my part), is it impossible to incorporate a 5 MP shooter, because of physical constraints?. I'm assuming its not possible as BB would clearly have done so, assuming again we only get 2. How thick is a 5MP vs 2 MP? any thoughts?
    I'm far from expert in camera modules, I've been working in photyography over the years, but with bigger stuff.. What I can tell you is that to have a good camera, you need a big sensor, but to have a big sensor, means that the gap beween the lens and the sensor has to be bigger asswell (resulting in thicker camera module). It's possible to reduce that gap, but problems like difraction start to occur wich ill end up in worse optics, wich will end up in worse image quality. All of this assuming that your average 5mp front facing sensor is bigger than the 2mp sensors.

The Lumia 1080 or 808 pureview still have by far one of the biggest sensors in the market, and as you can see, their camera module is quite oversized.compared to a "normal sized" 920.
    Does 2MP camera bother you? That's cute...-nokia-lumia-1020-camera-sensor-detailed.jpg
    That's why the 1020 and 808 pureview have such big camera bulges at the back, and thin phones like the galaxy s6 (has a good camera) have quite a big protrusion at the back for their camera... The LG G4 also has a good camera, doesn't have a big bulge for the camera, but the phone is qiote thick, thicker than the Priv actually

Does 2MP camera bother you? That's cute...-samsung-galaxy-s6-43-792x446.jpg
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-21-15 10:51 AM
    Give it a rest people. Move on.
    10-21-15 12:24 PM
228 ... 78910