Lot's of places are making those "against the rules" these days. I know you can't use them at Disney's parks anymore.

That said on our last trip there were everywhere.... lot's of people wanted to document their trip, with them in it. Especially younger visitor that might have been in some kinda group (sports competition, travel....) They were with friends, but not with their family. Many were also video taping using the front facing camera.... I imagine that having a good quality camera was an important factor for these ones.

It's just one category, and for many it won't make much of a difference. But it's one category where the PRIV will lose out to the competition, if it is important to that user.
    I get the appeal of selfie sticks in those situations. You get more of the background and you can document that you were there. But it seemed that all of the people who were using them were in a group, and one person in the group would take the selfie stick and just take a picture of themselves with the canyon in the background. Then the next person would use it, etc. In those instances, I was wondering why someone in the group didn't take a pic of the person!

I think my front facing camera did a pretty good job .

10-19-15 03:53 PM
    � late the popes visit to NY,DC,Phila selfie sticks were disallowed... too much risky stuff to screen... could have explosives or other bad stuff hdden, or just used it to try to clobber him... nobody complained
    10-19-15 04:07 PM
    I get the appeal of selfie sticks in those situations. You get more of the background and you can document that you were there. But it seemed that all of the people who were using them were in a group, and one person in the group would take the selfie stick and just take a picture of themselves with the canyon in the background. Then the next person would use it, etc. In those instances, I was wondering why someone in the group didn't take a pic of the person!

http://i.imgur.com/ekrfXIA.jpg
    That picture is good, but lets not fool ourselves, in bright light every camera is pretty decent. The problem is when the light starts to dim a bit (not saying that it wouldn't perform well)
    10-19-15 04:10 PM
    I think selfie sticks are awesome for groups. Sometimes my family of 7 or 8 wants to get a group photo and they have me do it because I have the longest arms of us all.

I think selfie sticks are banned at Wimbledon too. I can see why though. They're kind of a hazard in masses of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-19-15 04:11 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ekrfXIA.jpg
    Ummm, what is up with that hat being backwards?
    FF22 likes this.
    10-19-15 05:36 PM
    First world problems, a crap front facing camera...Even if it was 5mp state of the art camera, I would rather take a selfie in "old school mode" using the much beter 18mp in the back.
    The priv is a phone that in my opinion, has great specs where it really matters, I rather want to deal with a 2MP front facing camera than other issues that the rivals have:

Would you rather have the great front facing camera of the S6 Edge, or the much bigger battery in the Priv? (S6 doesn't have sd-card slot either)

Would you rather have the great front facing camera of the LG G4, or the much nicer Amoled Screen in the Priv?

Would you rather have the great front facing camera of the Nexus 6p, or the Sd-card Slot for much greater storage in the Priv? (6p has no Sd-car slot either)

Would you rather have the great front facing camera of the from the OnePlus2, or the NFC support that the Priv has? (No Sd-card slot either)

Would you rather have the great front facing camera of the any other android phone, or have a great Touch enabled keyboard?

Grow up people, the front facing camera is bad, but who cares? you have another great camera in the back, and the features that actually matter, the Priv is has them, while many of the competitoon doesn't... The other top end phones are lacking much more important stuff than a sub-par front facing camera.
    People want what they want, who are you to chastise them for that?

Do you want to know what else is a first world problem? Being annoyed with people in a forum that talks about a phone most people in the world can't afford.

You are one that needs to grow up. You come in here all high and mighty acting like your **** doesn't stink. How is you complaining about the people here any different than the people here complaining about the camera?

Posted via CB10
    WT44, clipskid and Blacklatino like this.
    10-19-15 05:44 PM
    Ummm, what is up with that hat being backwards?
    Lol I had it set to mirror image.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    10-19-15 05:50 PM

Do you want to know what else is a first world problem? Being annoyed with people in a forum that talks about a phone most people in the world can't afford.

You are one that needs to grow up. You come in here all high and mighty acting like your **** doesn't stink. How is you complaining about the people here any different than the people here complaining about the camera?

Posted via CB10
    Does 2MP camera bother you? That's cute...-relaxing-bath-bombs-fizzies-635x423.jpg
    anon4226395 and the1 like this.
    10-19-15 05:55 PM
    With a hefty price tag one should not have to compensate when there are other choices out there where you are capable of getting some of the things that may be lacking in a device. I know that no one is telling me or forcing me into this device, but considering how long we have been hearing about this and waiting in anticipation.

Maybe I am expecting too much here and not taking into consideration that blackberry has never been the cutting edge when it comes to building devices. They seem to build things for today, and not for the future as some of their competitors. They make you feel the need for a new device after 6 months to a year just because everything is so dated so quickly. With this being said, I am surprised that all the carriers don't love them because you have to spend more money quicker IF you want to be able to keep up with what's in the now
    WT44 and Blacklatino like this.
    10-19-15 06:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Haha, so true, this kid is so full of himself and so dominant and in your face in every friggin' thread I open on Crackberry (must be going for a post count record), that he is totally unaware of the idiom: the pot calling the kettle black.

Some individuals should look more often into the mirror.

Regarding openings post and thread starter.

You're having the same problem that a lot of people do, is think that you are the center of the world. It's not about what you want, it's about what the market wants. [...]The fact that you specificly need this or that is irrelevant.
    P.S. all those "cute" little gifs and "lol cats" and "funny" pictures as reply's in many of your posts are annoying as hell too. I wasn't aware of the fact that this is a board for teenies.
    clipskid likes this.
    10-19-15 06:11 PM
    Haha, so true, this kid is so full of himself and so dominant and in your face in every friggin' thread I open on Crackberry (must be going for a post count record), that he is totally unaware of the idiom: the pot calling the kettle black.

Some individuals should look more often into the mirror.

Regarding openings post and thread starter.

P.S. all those "cute" little gifs and "lol cats" and "funny" pictures as reply's in many of your posts are annoying as hell too. I wasn't aware of the fact that this is a board for teenies.
    Does 2MP camera bother you? That's cute...-wrv5v6egih7ww.gif
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-19-15 06:20 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wrv5v6egIh7Ww.gif 
Views:	296 
Size:	841.1 KB 
ID:	376536
    Game, set and match! lmao
    10-19-15 06:28 PM
    With recent rumours of the phone at a staggering 580�, 950$CAD, 799€, I remove my statement that I had in OP, at this price it should kick the competition *** in every way, including a good front facing camera...
    ssilva7 likes this.
    10-19-15 06:32 PM
    Edit: Wrong Forum :-)
    10-19-15 06:38 PM
    They say that this is going to be BlackBerry's last chance at phones if they cannot sell 5 million handhelds. I've got news for them....this is my last try of BlackBerry. If this isn't right..including price. I will do what they have continued to do to their faithful....turn my back on them. 2 PM front camera....not a show stopper, but doesn't give me confidence. Good luck BlackBerry, it is your last chance.

I am NOT government, I am NOT a bank, I am not an Enterprise customer. I am a business man and a consumer. Don't ignore me!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 06:41 PM
    They say that this is going to be BlackBerry's last chance at phones if they cannot sell 5 million handhelds. I've got news for them....this is my last try of BlackBerry. If this isn't right..including price. I will do what they have continued to do to their faithful....turn my back on them. 2 PM front camera....not a show stopper, but doesn't give me confidence. Good luck BlackBerry, it is your last chance.

I am NOT government, I am NOT a bank, I am not an Enterprise customer. I am a business man and a consumer. Don't ignore me!

Posted via CB10
    The price seems a bit too high compared to the competition. But it will drop down after the first week eventually, especially if strugles to sell due to high cost. It's just a shame because it can be unfair for those that paid high price at launch
    10-19-15 07:10 PM
    The price seems a bit too high compared to the competition. But it will drop down after the first week eventually, especially if strugles to sell due to high cost. It's just a shame because it can be unfair for those that paid high price at launch
    It'll drop (whether it does well or not) but probably not after a week. I can't see why this would be priced higher than the other Android flagships. Then again, BlackBerry's manufacturing expenses are probably higher than Samsung et al.

Blacklatino likes this.
    10-19-15 07:25 PM
    as someone who's not particularly big on selfies (im not a narcissist. so sue me), but do use the front camera for many things (video conferencing, group outings, emergency mirror), the MP of the front camera is actually pretty darn important. someone here said that the software for the camera should be pretty damn good so that the features of a lower MP (in this case 2 MP) is maximized. given that this is Android this better deliver on that because thats the only thing i would criticize about the BB10.

also why are you guys saying its just 2MP? theres an article on the front page that says Priv has 5MP front facing camera.
    10-19-15 07:25 PM
    With a hefty price tag one should not have to compensate when there are other choices out there where you are capable of getting some of the things that may be lacking in a device. I know that no one is telling me or forcing me into this device, but considering how long we have been hearing about this and waiting in anticipation.

Maybe I am expecting too much here and not taking into consideration that blackberry has never been the cutting edge when it comes to building devices. They seem to build things for today, and not for the future as some of their competitors. They make you feel the need for a new device after 6 months to a year just because everything is so dated so quickly. With this being said, I am surprised that all the carriers don't love them because you have to spend more money quicker IF you want to be able to keep up with what's in the now
    They would if people had bought into BB10......and the z10 had the z30 specs when launched. The game would be a little different now. BlackBerry, IMO, has always went with the marketing idea "why give them more specs.....when less will sell"? It worked for the BlackBerry Curve series- which was a blessing and a curse for Research In Motion.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    10-19-15 08:09 PM
    It'll drop (whether it does well or not) but probably not after a week. I can't see why this would be priced higher than the other Android flagships. Then again, BlackBerry's manufacturing expenses are probably higher than Samsung et al.

I wasnt expecting the Priv to be above the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to be honest. It just doesn't have the brand equity to compete with Samsung top end. I was looking for something between S6 Edge and S6 Edge+. At this price I'm with you, it should have a better front facing camera, it should have almost everything better than the competition.
    Blacklatino and FlashFlare11 like this.
    10-19-15 08:09 PM
    The passport at $500 was the most expensive phone I ever purchased. Certain aspects of it are superb...not all.

My wife's DroidMini has a very good camera & is quite snappy & fun... it serves her well for around $200. Battery life is good. QI charge is ok. Internal storage is adequate & I back it up to the cloud in case of disaster. It updated itself to 4.5 inch while back without a hitch. I have yet to delete bloat for her. It's too small for my old eyes, but the size is great for her.

I would not ever wish to give up my Passport KB, & I use the blend/link/hub trio all day long.

If the Priv is not priced too high, I would consider it IF the blend/link/hub are there... I took around a half dozen selfies in the year I have the Passport so I don't care about that 2mp issue which could narrow the market somewhat. I don't shop in stores enough to care about NFC payments & fingerprint or iris tools.

The Priv would work for me if it turns out to be cost attainable, reliable, not bogged down by BlackBerry so-called security, & doesn't fall apart or tip too badly while typing...

I won't be the first on line at the BlackBerry store, but may not be the last either... we'll see
    10-19-15 09:05 PM
    I wasnt expecting the Priv to be above the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to be honest. It just doesn't have the brand equity to compete with Samsung top end. I was looking for something between S6 Edge and S6 Edge+. At this price I'm with you, it should have a better front facing camera, it should have almost everything better than the competition.
    That's what I was trying to get across and I guess I did a pretty bad job at it hahaha. I agree with you that a 2MP shooter is adequate if the quality is good and the device is priced adequately. Probably isn't a deal breaker for a lot of people. But if it's going to be priced higher than just about every other flagship out there, it's hard to defend the camera.

Honestly this should cost about as much as an iPhone 6 or Galaxy S6. Apple and Samsung can charge higher for the "Plus" models because they have the brand pull and they also have more basic models at lower prices. The Priv is all BlackBerry will have.

10-19-15 09:09 PM
    I really thought it was officially announced at 5MP at one point. Maybe I'm mistaken and it was just a whole bunch of tech sites siting the same (wrong) spec.

Or could some of the test models come with 5MP and they decided to cheapen it up to lower the price?

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    10-19-15 10:14 PM
    Front-facing camera

Z10 = 2MP
    Q10 = 2MP
    Q5 = 2MP
    Z30 = 2MP
    Passport = 2MP
    Classic = 2MP
    Porsche = 2MP
    Leap = 2MP
    Priv = 2MP

no increase at all from early 2013 until the end of 2015 / early 2016
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-19-15 10:29 PM
    I really thought it was officially announced at 5MP at one point. Maybe I'm mistaken and it was just a whole bunch of tech sites siting the same (wrong) spec.

Or could some of the test models come with 5MP and they decided to cheapen it up to lower the price?

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    It was certainly quoted 5/18 many times, but it seems the slide (which is perhaps 3mm or so) is likely too thin to accomodate a 5MP according to many pundits, so probably a 5MP shooter was never an option
    Doggerz likes this.
    10-19-15 10:30 PM
228 ... 678910