You can use the rear camera, but the fact is that you shouldn't have to. No excuses. Everything on a cell phone should serve the purpose that it is intended to serve and not just be "adequate" here. We are talking flagship here. To some this is going to be enough to start laughing and saying negative things all over again. You can't please all the people all the time time, I know, but come on now, this has been on the drawing board for a year already! How hard can it be to change the lens on the front of the camera? Other companies adapt, why not blackberry? The amount of time it's taken them to get this out, and all these little things that do add up should be ironed out by now. Get it right for once blackberry!

Like they say, "Never a second chance to make a good first impression"

Sadly, at the rate we are going here, this thing is going to be outdated before it hits the USA
    Well, in the name of "front camera" defense, front cameras were introduced to do voice calls maybe more than 10 years ago where "selfies" or "facebook" didn't exist. That's why they tend to be crap, because facetime, skype, etc tend to have crap image anyway.

I think people are overacting with the 2mp front camera... There are so many other features that the priv has that other don't. If front facing cameras were that huge of a deal, phones like the HTC wich have the same front and rear camera especially for selfies would have sell a ton... they didn't sell at all. What sells is "samsung" and "apple" and numbers in the specs sheet

I never saw a bunch of nokia 1020 out there, they always had the best camera BY FAR! even better than most top end smartphones today. The brand sells..
    10-18-15 03:21 PM
    Thanks for the clarification on this. What I was getting at in general BB should not skimp on anything on this phone, as small as this might be it does matter to a lot of people and can be the make or break on purchasing this device. Even so with video conferencing which is something a lot of people happen to use, should be given a good experience if they choose on using it
    I stated this earlier. 2MP translates to 1600x1200, which is a lot of data for streaming even for wireline internet. Even the multi thousand dollar telepresence equipment around my office are like 1080p, so why on earth do you need a 5M camera for that purpose?
    10-18-15 03:27 PM
    Generic?? Lol, we are in Priv thread talking about the Priv camera

If you read my post you hear me talk about 2mp pictures (in reference to others posting about this camera), then I link that to BlackBerry phones.

You're starting to reach here
    do you want me to point out in how many Priv threads we talk about other smartphones other than the priv? if anything because other smartphones are competition and serve as measure of comparison.

"2mp pictures looks like ****". Again, this is no reference no any phone or sensor in particular, it's just talking about 2mp pictures, and 2mp pictures don't have to look like crap. If that wasn't what you meant to say it's another matter, but what you said is what you said, wich is wrong.
    10-18-15 03:49 PM
    BlackBerry selects poor outdated components including but not limited to the selfie camera... who would get that thing with such disgraceful engineering for a sky high price?

Posted via CB10
    WT44 likes this.
    10-18-15 03:53 PM
    BlackBerry selects poor outdated components including but not limited to the selfie camera... who would get that thing with such disgraceful engineering for a sky high price?

Posted via CB10
    wich components are outdated? please specify
    10-18-15 03:57 PM
    10-18-15 03:58 PM
    It would be nice if it was 5MP, but I don't see it as a huge deal. I don't see a lot of selfie driven folks going for this device anyway. This also proves that you can't satisfy everyone. Can you imagine if the battery was only 2800 mAh but had a 5MP front camera? 5MP front camera, but no SD card? 5MP front camera, but at the cost of the phone being 11mm thick? You see where I'm going with this? We'd have 20 threads on how pathetic the battery life / Storage / Thickness is going to be.
    10-18-15 04:00 PM
    Crummy front cam, no octacore, no big internal storage, no fingerprint scanner, no dual SIM, no CDMA in GSM model & vice versa, & more others have noted on CB... read on

WT44 likes this.
    10-18-15 04:04 PM
    Crummy front cam, no octacore, no big internal storage, no fingerprint scanner, no dual SIM, no CDMA in GSM model & vice versa, & more others have noted on CB... read on
    Wich phones has all those specs you want + the specs the priv already has? NONE... So your argument fails from the start.

No Octacore? do you want to put the SD810 on it will all the issues it has? There are comparisons with the Oneplus2 vs LG G4 and there is no advantage in performance. Super Premium phones like LGV10 are realeasing with the 808, because seems to be the best processor out there by Qualcomm. Since you can't buy Mediateks's samsung or A9 from apple, the 808 seems about as good as you can get until the 820 comes out. The 808 came later than the 810, the 808 is the latest processor by Qualcomm.... you call it outdated... that's embarassing

Watch the SD808 kick the a$$ of the top of the range SD810's

No big internal storage? how about SD-card with up to 2000gb (512 at the moment). isn't that enought for you? wich other phones have that?

No dual-Sim LOL... only chinese ebay phones had dual sim pretty much, you can count by your fingers wich high end phones have that (except chinese market special versions)

CDMA in GSM? dude.. what are you talking about?

Wanna talk about how most of competition has a smaller battery?
    wanna tal how the compatition has no SD-card support?
    Wanna talk about the inferior displays? (except samsungs)
    Wanna tal about a touch enabled trackpad/keyboard?

Your arguments other than the fingerprint scanner are unfounded
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 10-18-15 at 04:16 PM.
    10-18-15 04:04 PM
    How about a laser beam, and sandwich maker too?
    10-18-15 04:10 PM
    Does this picture look like **** to you?
    http://cdn.windows0day.com/2015/09/2...-1920x1200.jpg
    http://cdn.windows0day.com/2015/09/2...-1920x1200.jpg
    BOOM, this image has 2 megapixels!

You've learned something new today, 2MP can be enought.

Megapixels its just resolution, but the sharpness and ammount of detail in a picture is about clarity, dinamyc range, noise, chromatic aberration, not only megapixels. That's why the 8MP iphones were kicking *** cameras with double and triple the amount of pixels.

The Priv has crap front facing camera because the lens and sensor (must be tiny) are crap, not because it's 2 megapixels
    joao. pls say something good about this camera, something tiny we can hang on to
    10-18-15 04:39 PM
    joao. pls say something good about this camera, something tiny we can hang on to
    The front facing camera on the priv is bad that's the truth, but it's not necesarily because of the 2 MP.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-18-15 04:50 PM
    Which phone has the specs you want?
    I hope it has at least an 18MP rear facing camera, a removable SD card, and at least a 3410mAh battery, or else it is an out-dated piece of crap.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jhimmel; 10-18-15 at 06:35 PM.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    10-18-15 04:52 PM
    The front facing camera on the priv is bad that's the truth, but it's not necesarily because of the 2 MP.
    works for me
    10-18-15 04:55 PM
    go sip some mateus rose
    10-18-15 04:56 PM
    I just don't care about the 2 MP front camera. I'm not planning to buy the Priv anyway, but if I were, this wouldn't matter. For my purposes, the front camera is for the most "disposable" of photos, which don't need high performance components. We're talking about taking pictures of faces an arm's length away, at most. There is almost never any element of "composition" in these pictures. In short, even though a 2 MP camera doesn't necessarily take crap photos, the pictures you take with a front camera are almost always going to be crap, just by virtue of what they are. There's nothing wrong with that, but I'm not going to get upset about not having a state-of-the-art camera for this kind of thing.
    anon(679606) likes this.
    10-18-15 05:02 PM
    Remember we are playing the android game where unfortunately specs do matter for a lot of users on this platform.

What BlackBerry might have been able to get away with doesn't mean it's going to work for lovers and users of the android platform where specs do matter in a lot of cases. Especially when commanding a hefty price tag is concerned. People will just look elsewhere where you can get more for your money

Posted via CB10
    anon(679606) likes this.
    10-18-15 05:04 PM
    The M$ 950XL appears to many to be an earnest attempt to make what people want... to many the priv doesn't attempt that at all except for JC & a small group of fanboys... M$ c afford a few stumbles... BlackBerry cannot...
    10-18-15 05:04 PM
    For once BlackBerry has yet to introduce something that is ahead of the game and the flick keyboard or keyboard in general isn't necessarily the answer.

Especially if this doesn't hit the US carriers until early next year? It's gonna be game over before it even starts

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 05:07 PM
    The M$ 950XL appears to many to be an earnest attempt to make what people want... to many the priv doesn't attempt that at all except for JC & a small group of fanboys... M$ c afford a few stumbles... BlackBerry cannot...
    MODERATOR QUESTION: Is there any way that I can block uploads from a specific source from appearing on my computer screen?
    10-18-15 05:13 PM
    Since the priv does not address the wider general public for volume sales from teens to seniors & all in-between, what does it matter when it comes out? Who is gonna offer this thing for christmas? Corporate users don't distribute fones as holiday gifts... anyway, it won't fit in a standard stocking on the mantle...
    10-18-15 05:16 PM
    MODERATOR QUESTION: Is there any way that I can block uploads from a specific source from appearing on my computer screen?
    Uploads from a source? That sounds like a firewall question to block certain domain names. Or are you asking about users...
    10-18-15 05:21 PM
    Since the priv does not address the wider general public for volume sales from teens to seniors & all in-between, what does it matter when it comes out? Who is gonna offer this thing for christmas? Corporate users don't distribute fones as holiday gifts... anyway, it won't fit in a standard stocking on the mantle...
    Is there a way I can block unwanted banal uploads? ANYONE?
    10-18-15 05:22 PM
    Uploads from a source? That sounds like a firewall question to block certain domain names. Or are you asking about users...
    Thank you, grazie mille
    10-18-15 05:23 PM
    Thanks again
    10-18-15 05:26 PM
228 ... 23456 ...