First world problems, a crap front facing camera...Even if it was 5mp state of the art camera, I would rather take a selfie in "old school mode" using the much beter 18mp in the back.
    The priv is a phone that in my opinion, has great specs where it really matters, I rather want to deal with a 2MP front facing camera than other issues that the rivals have:

Would you rather have the great front facing camera of the S6 Edge, or the much bigger battery in the Priv? (S6 doesn't have sd-card slot either)

Would you rather have the great front facing camera of the LG G4, or the much nicer Amoled Screen in the Priv?

Would you rather have the great front facing camera of the Nexus 6p, or the Sd-card Slot for much greater storage in the Priv? (6p has no Sd-car slot either)

Would you rather have the great front facing camera of the from the OnePlus2, or the NFC support that the Priv has? (No Sd-card slot either)

Would you rather have the great front facing camera of the any other android phone, or have a great Touch enabled keyboard?

Grow up people, the front facing camera is bad, but who cares? you have another great camera in the back, and the features that actually matter, the Priv is has them, while many of the competitoon doesn't... The other top end phones are lacking much more important stuff than a sub-par front facing camera.

EDIT: With recent rumours of the phone at 580�, 950$CAD, 799€, I remove my statement, at this price it should kick the competition *** in every way, including a good front facing camera...
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 10-19-15 at 06:31 PM.
    10-18-15 08:55 AM
    I don't think that it's necessarily a bad thing but for me it's more or less the principle behind it. Being a black berry user for many years it just seems that we get short changed on a lot of things. So what it's only a front facing camera which really isn't that big of a deal,but for once I'd like to see specs announced on a blackberry and come release time I'd like to see it released with the very same specs as originally announced.

Principle more then anything here. I know it happens but seems it happens with BlackBerry more so then anything. I was hoping for such a great phone that people were going to find little if anything to ***** about, but here it already starts with the front facing camera. Not a social media user here that takes selfies so I can care less but you know this is going to matter to some people as little as a thing this is

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DJM626; 10-18-15 at 02:30 PM.
    10-18-15 09:04 AM
    I'd like a front camera that handles Skype well (as I don't think we will ever see BBM video on this cellphone). Selfies don't interest me.
    10-18-15 09:04 AM
    If it's a 2mp front camera it's a no go for the wife

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-18-15 09:09 AM
    For the record, on my Z30, I don't even use the 2MP front facing camera! (yes, I don't do BBM Video due to terrible Internet connection).
    10-18-15 09:12 AM
    Yeah I understand the reason BUT average customer won't, they will compare it to Samsung S6 camera and iPhone camera hence the pricing on par with Samsung flagships
    10-18-15 09:13 AM
    Yeah I understand the reason BUT average customer won't, they will compare it to Samsung S6 camera and iPhone camera hence the pricing on par with Samsung flagships
    A few weeks ago a friend sent me a pic of her Strep throat (tonsillar area) for my comments/confirmation and it could have graced a medical textbook. Out of interest I attempted to pic my own throat on the Q10. It was rubbish despite multiple attempts (the pic, not my throat...). She has a Sam S6 edge (5MP).
    10-18-15 09:23 AM
    A few weeks ago a friend sent me a pic of her Strep throat (tonsillar area) for my comments/confirmation and it could have graced a medical textbook. Out of interest I attempted to pic my own throat on the Q10. It was rubbish despite multiple attempts (the pic, not my throat...). She has a Sam S6 edge (5MP).
    Well, maybe she had someone to take photos of her throat!
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-18-15 09:31 AM
    Not this girlie, way too self conscious lol
    10-18-15 09:32 AM
    But I will ask just to make sure and post her response, in case she used the main camera and cropped
    10-18-15 09:34 AM
    Look, I want the Priv as much as anybody else but I'm not going to overlook some hiccups.

I've never been the type of person to buy a phone and just say how awesome it is. Everything has its faults. My note 4, z3 compact, one plus one, and whatever else I had in the past has had its faults and I'm usually pretty vocal about it.

A 2mp is not a deal breaker for me but this Priv is pretty much blackberry's only android handset, hell, it's their flagship.

In this day in age with social media, people utilize that front facing camera alot. Whether it be twitter, snap chat etc. I know.. I know.. Some people may think it's stupid and it's not their cup of tea but for the majority it is.

I just don't want blackberry skimping on these kinds of things since it can give people reason to pass on it and thus not pushing many units.

I'd go to the zoo with my ex gf, road trips, etc and we would take plenty of pictures together using the front facing camera. It doesn't need to be high end, but this Priv needs to be able to play and compete against the big boys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Uzi, DJM626, david7saad and 3 others like this.
    10-18-15 09:36 AM
    Is the 2MP front cam confirmed by BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 09:37 AM
    Look, I want the Priv as much as anybody else but I'm not going to overlook some hiccups.

I've never been the type of person to buy a phone and just say how awesome it is. Everything has its faults. My note 4, z3 compact, one plus one, and whatever else I had in the past has had its faults and I'm usually pretty vocal about it.

A 2mp is not a deal breaker for me but this Priv is pretty much blackberry's only android handset, hell, it's their flagship.

In this day in age with social media, people utilize that front facing camera alot. Whether it be twitter, snap chat etc. I know.. I know.. Some people may think it's stupid and it's not their cup of tea but for the majority it is.

I just don't want blackberry skimping on these kinds of things since it can give people reason to pass on it and thus not pushing many units.

I'd go to the zoo with my ex gf, road trips, etc and we would take plenty of pictures together using the front facing camera. It doesn't need to be high end, but this Priv needs to be able to play and compete against the big boys.

Why not use the rear one that's much better than any front facing camera in the market. It's not that hard, everybody used to take selfies like that. If you go to a dark bar, good luck trying to take selfies with any front facing camera that doesn't have LED flash
    10-18-15 09:41 AM
    Is the 2MP front cam confirmed by BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    It's confirmed by the size of the pictures wich is 1600x1200
    10-18-15 09:42 AM
    The software today allows for the use of the rear camera for front-facing actions. In time, there will be no need for 2 cameras anyway.
    10-18-15 09:43 AM
    But I will ask just to make sure and post her response, in case she used the main camera and cropped
    ooops! she used the main camera ! (insert embarrassed emoji here)
    10-18-15 09:51 AM
    As a quite heavy user I have to think about the most important features of a new device. The question is if the front camera is list important of the features itself meaning the Jun, keyboard and others BlackBerry aops/features + all the goodies from the Android world. For myself I would look on at the productivity side of it and there I wouldn't use th from camera very much.

If course I understand the importance, but on the other hand the Priv got a chance to be a front runner In the rather uninteresting phones that are released to the market right now.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 09:57 AM
    Why not use the rear one that's much better than any front facing camera in the market. It's not that hard, everybody used to take selfies like that. If you go to a dark bar, good luck trying to take selfies with any front facing camera that doesn't have LED flash
    The simpler question is why would BB drop the ball on such a simple thing? Why not just put a simple 5mp camera on the front so it lines up with every other flagship? I don't think everyone is expecting a great front facing camera, but at the same time, no one wants a sh*tty one either. As been pointed out, it's not just for selfies but also video conferencing.

There is use in defending the decision. It's a bad decision business wise. When your goal is to sell more phones and expand your market, you don't tell that market "just turn your phone around and use the front camera". That's like giving those customers the finger.

Say what you want, this along with other small things will be a big deal in many of the reviews of this phone. When people read those reviews and realize they can get a better bang for their buck elsewhere, Blackberry will be in trouble.
    10-18-15 10:03 AM
    Maybe the PRIV II will be 8MP front camera!!
    10-18-15 10:05 AM
    The front camera has to fit on the (thin) part that slides so a 5MP might necessitate quite a bulge?
    10-18-15 10:10 AM
    Yeah I use to do it all the time with my Treo 650..my Treo also had a little tiny reflective mirror to give me an idea of where the camera is which helped.

Some of the responses I'm reading on here "Oh blackberry listens to their users they know that a blackberry user isn't going to waste their time with selfies so 2mp is enough"

That's that same argument about apps "Oh I'm all about business, I don't have time for apps, I'm happy that bb10 doesn't have those pointless stupid apps"

The Priv needs to appeal to as many people as possible. To those people who miss their physical keyboard (me), to people who want a decent size screen to watch YouTube, to people who want a decent size speaker (front facing speaker hopefully it's plenty loud), etc

I mean blackberry is checking off all these boxes, the icing on the cake would have been a removable battery but hey I'm willing to ignore that.

Again, this is not a deal breaker for some, but it might be for others.

10-18-15 10:13 AM
    If it does have a 2 MP camera it must be because ant higher megapixel camera would be too thick to fit in the sliding part of the screen.

If so, that's too bad for the selfie crowd. It doesn't bother me.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    10-18-15 10:14 AM
    If it does have a 2 MP camera it must be because ant higher megapixel camera would be too thick to fit in the sliding part of the screen.

If so, that's too bad for the selfie crowd. It doesn't bother me.

Posted via CB10
    I've said precisely that in another thread. Since the phone is split in two halfs, there's way less room to have a big module there.
    10-18-15 10:31 AM
    The simpler question is why would BB drop the ball on such a simple thing? Why not just put a simple 5mp camera on the front so it lines up with every other flagship? I don't think everyone is expecting a great front facing camera, but at the same time, no one wants a sh*tty one either. As been pointed out, it's not just for selfies but also video conferencing.

There is use in defending the decision. It's a bad decision business wise. When your goal is to sell more phones and expand your market, you don't tell that market "just turn your phone around and use the front camera". That's like giving those customers the finger.

Say what you want, this along with other small things will be a big deal in many of the reviews of this phone. When people read those reviews and realize they can get a better bang for their buck elsewhere, Blackberry will be in trouble.
    Like I said in another thread, maybe they couldn't fit a bigger one. Don't forget that the phone is split in 2 halves, and you have to put the camera in basicly half the thickness of the phone. Maybe it wasn't a choice at all. Big cameras have big sensors, and they need some depth to have the essential separation between a bigger sensor and the lens.

I'm just pointing out that people are freaking out about the front facing camera, but the competition has way more serious issues in their phones than a front facing camera.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-18-15 10:34 AM
    Like I said in another thread, maybe they couldn't fit a bigger one. Don't forget that the phone is split in 2 halves, and you have to put the camera in basicly half the thickness of the phone. Maybe it wasn't a choice at all. Big cameras have big sensors, and they need some depth to have the essential separation between a bigger sensor and the lens.

I'm just pointing out that people are freaking out about the front facing camera, but the competition has way more serious issues in their phones than a front facing camera.
    That may be the case. Nevertheless, I will be purchasing the phone at first chance. It really is down on my list of things I care about. I am just making the point that in today's market, many care about both cameras and in some cases, put more emphasis on the front camera.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-18-15 10:39 AM
228 123 ...