Whoever got a Priv today, do you like it? ?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 02:41 PM
    I'm liking it so far! I had one issue, the voicemail icon would not clear.

I called my carrier and they cleared it.

There is a learning curve but it's all in all a nice feel from keyboard to how it feels open!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 02:47 PM
    I'm pretty stoked. The agent at the corporate store was able to transfer all my contacts over and the rest used bb's transfer app and alls good. I ordered my device on the rogers reservation system but didn't arrive yet BUT the corp store I deal with had two come on today.I took the one. I'm very happy with the device,as i pre-ordered my flip case a few days ago and got it delivered yesterday.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    11-06-15 02:47 PM
    Yes!

11-06-15 02:55 PM
    Yes! Last three phones being bb10 there is an obvious learning curve but I am all in. I hope the phone does well. Would love to see a classic and passport variant running on android.

DolemiteDONS likes this.
    11-06-15 02:58 PM
    Can we answer call by using slider out motion and end by closing slider down?

Does screen switch off and lock or just switch off by pushing the slider down and if it does. Is it only from home screen or any app screen not using keyboard??

I got the answer for answering the call and yes we can answer call but he couldn't tell about hanging up the call..

Second question still remains unanswered.. anyone who has can please check it out..

Posted via my awesome Passport
    11-06-15 02:59 PM
    I don't get why you would want to slide up to answer and down to end........
    11-06-15 03:05 PM
    I don't get why you would want to slide up to answer and down to end........
    Me either but "cool" factor perhaps? As I recall sliders back in the day used to have this function. So kind of retro. Kind of seems out of place with a modern smartphone though
    11-06-15 03:09 PM
    I really like it. Its a learning curve at the beginning, been a few years since I have used Android and the device doesn't leave the best first impression. Long load time to start and somewhat laggy, when initially setting things up the battery drains quick and the phone gets very warm. Now that it has settled down the lag is gone but the phone still gets warm when using for 20 minutes or so, but could be because I am playing around so much.

All in all, really really like it. The kinks can get worked out and will, so I am a huge fan so far.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-06-15 03:17 PM
    Loving mine so far. A bit getting use to the keyboard compared to my passport.

Mr4aces likes this.
    11-06-15 03:20 PM
    I've only had it a couple of hours and it's a busy day so I haven't really gotten into it much but I love the look and feel. It's my first Android phone and that's taking some getting used to. But I think I love it.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-06-15 03:21 PM
    As I set it up I am really liking it. As a long time Android user this phone seems to be the best one yet from my experience.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-06-15 03:28 PM
    The passport speakers blow this thing away...but consider the cavern that the passport has for speaker quality.
    Some people will wait for the Priv 2 silver edition plus 2017 model, but I'm glad I paid the premium to ATT to get this device today.
    Swiping up on the keyboard to select suggested words is frustrating due to small area to work with.

11-06-15 03:50 PM
    I like it, although it is something of an adjustment, considering I've always used some form of BlackBerry OS or BB10. Fortunately I have some Android experience from my Nook HD+. I enjoy new tech, so working out the nuances of this device doesn't bother me in the least.

The physical keyboard feels slightly cramped compared to my Q10, but then again, my 9700 feels the same. I figure I'll adjust as I did before. The virtual keyboard is the best I've ever used (certainly the least frustrating). My only basis for comparison on that is from using coworkers' Androids and iPhones and my son's Windows device. I've never used a Berry virtual keyboard before now.

Still getting familiar with my new device, so I haven't any opinions beyond that, but will glad to do my best to answer questions (should anyone have any).

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 03:58 PM
    Sitting in my car outside the AT&T store rocking the new Priv very nice device looks like a winner to me very smooth no lag at all so far.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Blackberry Priv
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-06-15 04:02 PM
    So far I like it, not sure if I love it. The speaker is kind of meh. Its not very loud and seems kind of muffled to me.

The Chrome browser blows, I hate using it and wish BB would have ported their browser over. Chrome is slow and a battery hog compared to other OEM browsers that they include (from my experience and I've tried a lot of Android phones). I'll find an Android one that I like better though.

Battery life concerns me. Standby it seems fine but using it drains it fast (at least it has for me).

Hate that there isn't a native file manager. Thought BB would have baked that in. I still can't figure out how to attach an email without using Google Drive.

Apps seem slow to load to me, but still better than BB10 Android apps.

Camera is decent, not great. Low light is bad, and front facing one is not good. Snapping a photo and looking at the preview of it is slow, and its slow to render once the preview loads.

Build quality is superb.

Hub has worked perfectly, haven't had a single issue.

Call quality seems fine.

LED light is nice and bright.

Keyboard is a little small but I'll get used to it (or not use it).

Just my initial thoughts.
    kirson likes this.
    11-06-15 04:08 PM
    Yes, I like it. Still going to use my Passport, but I do like the Priv, it's sitting right here.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:09 PM
    Hardware is FAN-tiggidy-TASTIC! It will be a bit awkward for me to use it full time, because I'm so used to the awesomeness of BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:11 PM
    I'm just glad I'm able to keep the collection going...

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:12 PM
    Hate that there isn't a native file manager. Thought BB would have baked that in. I still can't figure out how to attach an email without using Google Drive.
    With ES File Explorer you can manage all your files

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.pop&hl=en
    11-06-15 04:12 PM
    I really like it. Its a learning curve at the beginning, been a few years since I have used Android and the device doesn't leave the best first impression. Long load time to start and somewhat laggy, when initially setting things up the battery drains quick and the phone gets very warm. Now that it has settled down the lag is gone but the phone still gets warm when using for 20 minutes or so, but could be because I am playing around so much.

All in all, really really like it. The kinks can get worked out and will, so I am a huge fan so far.
    Same issue with me but I figure because it has been sitting in a box for a few days and then it now got a little download action that's why. I'm still on my s6 for now until tomorrow will start using it fresh after a full charge

11-06-15 04:13 PM
    I just totally bought it, pretty sweet so far. Only little issue I found.. Can't click stuff on the screen while the keyboard is out.. Only sometimes though.

11-06-15 04:22 PM
    This hardware is another engineering marvel by BlackBerry. I can't stress enough how much I enjoy this slider hardware. Beautiful.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-06-15 04:24 PM
    Quite strange is Android though. If I ever want to replace my Passport with the Priv, I will first have to practice doing all the things I do with BlackBerry 10, on Android.

The 'File Manager' app with BlackBerry 10 is a HUGE thing for me. I use that all the time and with BlackBerry 10, mobile computing stuff like that is a breeze.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:26 PM
    Did I mention how much I'm in love with the Priv hardware though? If not, let me tell you something... it's SO awesome. I love the design, another great job by BlackBerry!

I seriously can't get over how they packaged this.

I can already see where they can and will make the next one even better. I'm sure they already have a bunch of even cooler designs coming up.

Everybody buy a Priv so we can keep being blessed with such sick designs! There is literally nothing that touches this in the Android world, design wise.

Other than the Passport(s) being my all time favorite BlackBerry hardware designs, this comes second.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:51 PM
28 12