Go back to the waiting lounge...I think they are still waiting for it there

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android cause I'm a Prividiot
    What's a waiting lounge.
    And what are we waiting for.
    11-08-15 09:31 AM
    I'm sure the Priv is a great device. I remember all the negativity when the Z10 first came out and I'm still loving it now. I will upgrade to a Priv for Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd and Mecca EL like this.
    11-08-15 09:42 AM
    What's a waiting lounge.
    And what are we waiting for.
    Hey Hammy! Remember if I asked if you were here to derail thread? It's ok withdrawl has it covered

hamsterwheel and Mecca EL like this.
    11-08-15 09:45 AM
    Did I say Best Phone I've ever had? (Grin). And I've had and used every BlackBerry up till Friday and a iPhone 6 for a few months last fall (hated it)
    This phone is something to brag to friends about!

posted from my Priv!
    Carjackd, Mecca EL and Asfalloth like this.
    11-08-15 09:46 AM
    I'm sure the Priv is a great device. I remember all the negativity when the Z10 first came out and I'm still loving it now. I will upgrade to a Priv for Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    I was saying the exact same thing just yesterday

Mecca EL likes this.
    11-08-15 09:46 AM
    Hey Hammy! Remember if I asked if you were here to derail thread? It's ok withdrawl has it covered

I am king.

Oh when did post wh0res start threads. Lol
    11-08-15 09:54 AM
    The phone can only get better with an update to Marshmallow version. I will wait for that & get it then.... Unless they release the Hub for all Android devices.

BB10 is Dead
    11-08-15 09:55 AM
    It's a great device. It is physically beautiful. Easy to hold. Great job on the keyboard. It won't be for everyone and the passport remains a spectacular unit.

They are not the same form factor so the comparison with makes no sense

I agree that people need to spend a few day with it before making decisions.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 10:06 AM
    This is my kinda post!

I want the Priv so bad, but I'm sure the wife will not be happy.... unless she gets one to replace her z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 10:09 AM
    The only negative thing I have personally found about this new smartphone is that I feel the PKB quality is not the best and pretty much in line with my old Torch, Since I'm probably not going to use my PKB often....it really doesn't effect me.
    It doesn't effect you but it does so to many people.

People are interested in Priv primarily for the keyboard. What they expect is a substantially better keyboard and if Priv fails to satisfy that desire, it will surely fail.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    andy957 and Mecca EL like this.
    11-08-15 10:28 AM

See?! Lol
    11-08-15 12:48 PM
    Tons of the posts /threads about folks cancelling their orders...or how they went into their local carrier and played with Blackberry's first attempt at an android device for a grand total of five minutes, and this makes them qualified to write a review that holds any weight.
    It's happened with every device release since I have been on here and it is not going to change. But that's just it; these first impressions "don't hold any weight" in my mind as compared to a real review.

Take them for what they are. For every complaint there are likely lots of happy folks that have not a lot to say.

I will say that when lots of folks have the same exact complaint (other than Android sucks lol...) I do pay attention to that.
    Carjackd, Mecca EL and JRF_1986 like this.
    11-08-15 12:53 PM

People are interested in Priv primarily for the keyboard. What they expect is a substantially better keyboard and if Priv fails to satisfy that desire, it will surely fail.

The physical keyboard is no worse than the Blackberry Bold 9700/9780/9790 keyboards (premium, flagship smartphones at the time) and according to at least a few people on par with the BlackBerry Q10 physical keyboard in terms of size. If you have mitts for hands or sausage fingers how do you use any BlackBerry smartphone with a physical keyboard?
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-08-15 01:19 PM
    Funniest thing is that the Android Central forum has the most sane and helpful Priv postings. HA!

Posted via VZW Z30
    11-08-15 01:22 PM
    I only played with the Priv about a half hour yesterday and today at the AT&T store and I am giving it a 9.5 and I only cancelled my pre orders because DR would not commit to a shipping date after being on the phone a half hour when them yesterday.

I will buy one today if I can get a factory unlocked model. AT&T will not sell me one because I not a customer even if I am willing to buy it outright.

I live near the Windsor Ontario area and I placed a wanted add on Kijji so I am hoping one of my Canadian friends comes through.
    11-08-15 01:30 PM
    Concur with Pinot2015...the Priv is the best and most capable BB ever! Gets better by the day and there are so many Android apps available from Google Play.

AT&T Priv STV100-1
    11-08-15 01:32 PM

Umm, NO. Love it for many reasons beyond that. Best of BlackBerry and Android all in one. No other phone offers what Privhas

posted from my Priv!
    11-08-15 01:38 PM
    Still love mu passport and still debating if I'm going to sell it or keep it as a back up

I say keep it if it is not needed to fund your new Priv. I personally regret trading in my old 9930 when I got my S4. On the bright side, I jumped to AT&T. So my Verizon bold would have sat useless next to my old Storm 2.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 01:45 PM

Agree and it seems obvious to me. Maybe I am wrong, but the main unique point of this device is the physical keyboard. Imo the device would never have even come out of it didn't have that keyboard. The marketing is also focused on the ....keyboard. So, logically, if the keyboard is not that great, then a) isn't it expected that people would be greatly disappointed and b) isn't it likely that the device will fall far short of sales expectations?

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and Bbnivende like this.
    11-08-15 01:48 PM
    Happy with mine.
    11-08-15 02:00 PM
    I've had my Priv for 24 hours. Thus far I'm happy. Are there a few things I'd like to change, of course...
    andy957 and Mecca EL like this.
    11-08-15 02:16 PM
    Same with the 2 here, love this phone. Small learning curve, but nothing you can't learn.
    11-08-15 03:08 PM

Well...there seems to be many that like the keyboard. I'll probably only use it while editing long emails

Mecca EL likes this.
    11-08-15 04:55 PM
    People using a passport for over a year will have a hard time adjusting to a priv. I love the square screen and keyboard.

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    andy957 and miker476 like this.
    11-08-15 04:58 PM
    People using a passport for over a year will have a hard time adjusting to a priv. I love the square screen and keyboard.

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    Negative! I've had the Passport since release day in Canada. No issue with the transition here

Mecca EL likes this.
    11-08-15 05:15 PM
133 1234 ...