After two days of being on this device and reading the forums.....to be frank I get tired of negativity out here. Tons of the posts /threads about folks cancelling their orders...or how they went into their local carrier and played with Blackberry's first attempt at an android device for a grand total of five minutes, and this makes them qualified to write a review that holds any weight .

In fact, I liked how Bla1ze had to wait week before he was able to write a review, this allowed him to give an honest opinion, after having a significant time using the device. From two days of use my discoveries with the Priv are pretty much spot on with Bla1ze....except I'm only two days in?

The only negative thing I have personally found about this new smartphone is that I feel the PKB quality is not the best and pretty much in line with my old Torch, Since I'm probably not going to use my PKB often....it really doesn't effect me.

So if you love your Priv so far or not having any problems with it, tell us about it.

I just thought I'd but some positive Vybe into the forums about the Priv....I'll get back to you after I've had some real time with the phone ....but in the interim I'm enjoying this one .
    Last edited by Carjackd; 11-08-15 at 05:16 PM.
    schlemer, gvs1341, _tC and 32 others like this.
    11-08-15 07:38 AM
    Well said. What does your other half say?

I agree with you!
    Carjackd, TERDIE, kbz1960 and 3 others like this.
    11-08-15 07:57 AM
    76 views so far and not one response . Maybe a lot of folks roaming the forums were looking for more negativity?
    11-08-15 07:58 AM
    Well said. What does your other half say?

I agree with you!
    Are you trying to derail this thread already Hammy?
    kbz1960, Mecca EL and grover5 like this.
    11-08-15 07:59 AM
    After twos days of being on this device and reading the forums.....to be frank I get tired of negativity out here. Tons of the posts /threads about folks cancelling their orders...or how they went into their local carrier and played with Blackberry's first attempt at an android device for a grand total of five minutes, and this makes them qualified to write a review that holds any weight .

In fact, I liked how Bla1ze had to wait week before he was able to write a review, this allowed him to give an honest opinion, after having a significant time using the device. From two days of use my discoveries with the Priv are pretty much spot on with Bla1ze....except I'm only two days in?

The only negative thing I have personally found about this new smartphone is that I feel the PKB quality is not the best and pretty much in line with my old Torch, Since I'm probably not going to use my PKB often....it really doesn't effect me.

So if you love your Priv so far or not having any problems with it, tell us about it.

I just thought I'd but some positive Vybe into the forums about the Priv....I'll get back to you after I've had some real time with the phone ....but in the interim I'm enjoying this one .
    Love it as well now that I have figured out Android and its settings. And don't mind the PKB but I don't use often.

posted from my Priv!
    Carjackd, Mecca EL and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-08-15 08:01 AM
    Are you trying to derail this thread already Hammy?
    Not at all. I agree with all you said. People need to give it a chance, of course it will be different from BB10. It's Android. This needs to be realized.
    Carjackd and Mecca EL like this.
    11-08-15 08:01 AM
    Well said, no worries though. What I've learned over the years here on CB is this. The same folks who returned or cancelled their orders. Will soon buy them again . It's amazing what the power of a "Sale" can do. I for one am in no hurry. I would like to wait and see what kind of issues arise over the course of a few months (hardware or software). I'm actually rooting (no pun) for the Priv.
    Carjackd, TERDIE and Mecca EL like this.
    11-08-15 08:03 AM
    That is great but you probably paid $300 just for a PKB that is not that wonderful.

Posted via CB10
    andy957, BGRS, bodjor and 1 others like this.
    11-08-15 08:05 AM
    Like the Priv, but screens to narrow for my liking.
    Had LG Flex 1 with a nice big screen and small bezels which mad the phone smaller than iphone 6s and Samsung notes.
    Than got the Passport so I could have image stabilization when taking photos.
    Than went to try the Priv, and wow the things narrow compared to the priors.
    I couldn't jump ship.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd, Mecca EL and Bbnivende like this.
    11-08-15 08:07 AM
    That is great but you probably paid $300 just for a PKB that is not that wonderful.

Posted via CB10
    And I want it...just to open it up....snap it closed ...and say
    "Kirk Out!"
    11-08-15 08:11 AM
    Played with the Priv at the store. Gorgeous phone, looks good, no problem with the keyboard, felt good, husband was impressed (he is an Android user). Will not be getting it since son and I prefer OS10 and we have an Android tablet that we use. But good job for first BlackBerry /Android phone.

Posted via Classic
    11-08-15 08:18 AM
    Good to hear, carjacked! I'm looking forward to playing with this and hoping Verizon means it when they say "soon".
    I was thinking about the Moto turbo2 instead, with its tough screen (addressing my concern about the possible fragility of the screen on the Priv.) I read a review, however, that said the clarity on that device took a big hit due to the screen protection. Then I found a drop test on the Sammy edge (which also sports the plastic old of the priv). I think I will wait for some durability tests on the Priv screen and compare it side by side but am definitely leaning back to the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 08:24 AM
    I might consider it or a new version of it when it's time to replace my passport, but I love this phone too much and I'm in no hurry to replace it.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd, Andrew1978 and Mecca EL like this.
    11-08-15 08:29 AM
    After twos days of being on this device and reading the forums.....to be frank I get tired of negativity out here. Tons of the posts /threads about folks cancelling their orders...or how they went into their local carrier and played with Blackberry's first attempt at an android device for a grand total of five minutes, and this makes them qualified to write a review that holds any weight .

That's a relief, I ordered two of them, and I see nothing but negativity on these forums!
    11-08-15 08:38 AM
    That's a relief, I ordered two of them, and I see nothing but negativity on these forums!
    At it keeps crackberry forum super active
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-08-15 08:40 AM
    A little more set up time...as we have been all spoiled with Bb10 and everything being there for you when you open the box. You need to download a few apps to get some things work the way you want..but after that..you can settle in and play

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android cause I'm a Prividiot
    mundo472 and Mecca EL like this.
    11-08-15 08:44 AM
    76 views so far and not one response . Maybe a lot of folks roaming the forums were looking for more negativity?
    I love my Priv, yes it takes some getting used to but so far it's been good.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 08:45 AM
    Amen OP AMEN!

Get the phone, use it as your only device for a week...THEN make a decision. I have had mine for 72 hours now and I just went to my wife (who also has the Priv) and showed her 3 new things I found...after 3 days!

It really is a beautiful device and I am in love with it!

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    11-08-15 08:48 AM
    Negativity comes from BlackBerry 10 users that don't care about apps or success of company. Also the odd Apple fanboy
    Android faithful love this phone. As this long term BB10 and this BlackBerry loyalist loves this phone.

posted from my Priv!
    Carjackd, schlemer, tmf06 and 3 others like this.
    11-08-15 08:55 AM
    What's a Priv.

Could I get a bit of details on this.
    11-08-15 09:00 AM
    Negativity comes from BlackBerry 10 users that don't care about apps or success of company. Also the odd Apple fanboy
    Android faithful love this phone. As this long term BB10 and this BlackBerry loyalist loves this phone.

posted from my Priv!
    Ya....if I remember back a while ago....I think the title of one of Kevin's threads was "taking out the troll trash". Bla1ze has done a pretty good job keeping most of that under control ....but there is still some lingering. I get that people are entitled to their opinions but straight out trolling is another story....BTW....I expect some here in this thread

habs_fan and Mecca EL like this.
    11-08-15 09:01 AM
    I might consider it or a new version of it when it's time to replace my passport, but I love this phone too much and I'm in no hurry to replace it.

Posted via CB10
    Still love mu passport and still debating if I'm going to sell it or keep it as a back up

Last edited by Carjackd; 11-08-15 at 09:44 AM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-08-15 09:02 AM
    What's a Priv.

Could I get a bit of details on this.
    Go back to the waiting lounge...I think they are still waiting for it there

kbz1960 and Mecca EL like this.
    11-08-15 09:03 AM
    90% of the negativity is people who have either not used it and just hate the fact that its Android from the crap they read or an experience had 5years ago, or used it for like 5mins.
    Carjackd, rjkolo, Mecca EL and 4 others like this.
    11-08-15 09:05 AM
    The Priv is a great device it's not a Blackberry at all its 95% android and this is the reason for all the negatively on the forums they need to just get over it.
    11-08-15 09:30 AM
133 123 ...