Because I do all the time ...
    07-07-16 03:45 PM
    Me too. Either with Waze or Google Maps. It always comes up.
    07-07-16 04:05 PM
    Likewise

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-07-16 04:09 PM
    Android version, carrier, are you using a case, etc.!? Can you provide data to help spot patterns (as I've never gotten an over heating error), so other Priv users can chime in with what may or not contribute....

For a control device I use no case, am an AT&T user, and am on 5.1.1 with a May patch.
    07-07-16 04:40 PM
    Android version, carrier, are you using a case, etc.!? Can you provide data to help spot patterns (as I've never gotten an over heating error), so other Priv users can chime in with what may or not contribute....

For a control device I use no case, am an AT&T user, and am on 5.1.1 with a May patch.
    Latest android version 6.0. Rogers. Yes I have a case. I always get overheating message with google maps or waze
    07-07-16 05:03 PM
    I used to have it on lollipop but since being updated to MM, nope.

I think it's just the way the temps sensors are a bit more sensitive..

07-07-16 06:58 PM
    Phone heats up if the outdoor temp is hot since it sits on a phone holder attached to my window . Otherwise it does not heat up.

Posted via my Priv
    07-07-16 10:57 PM
    I keep my Priv on a vent clip mount, so the ac keeps the Priv nice and cool while running Waze all day long.

FF22 likes this.
    07-08-16 10:50 PM
    I keep my Priv on a vent clip mount, so the ac keeps the Priv nice and cool while running Waze all day long.

Same here.
    In the winter I close that vent lol

07-09-16 09:35 AM
    My GPS seems to be going out all the time. Hoping marshmallow will help!
    07-13-16 09:32 PM
    My GPS seems to be going out all the time. Hoping marshmallow will help!
    What do you mean by going out? Does it stop working completely? Or does it miss some tracking.

I used mine while day hiking for about 3 weeks and really did not have any trouble. I logged the hikes over as much as 5 or 6 hours using the app, Nogago Tracks. I have used it less often with traffic or mapping software but did use it with Waze a few weeks ago and it seemed to perform fine.
    07-13-16 10:12 PM
    What do you mean by going out? Does it stop working completely? Or does it miss some tracking.

I used mine while day hiking for about 3 weeks and really did not have any trouble. I logged the hikes over as much as 5 or 6 hours using the app, Nogago Tracks. I have used it less often with traffic or mapping software but did use it with Waze a few weeks ago and it seemed to perform fine.
    I was driving and it kept telling me GPS signal lost. I'm on AT and T. I was even heading downtown!
    07-14-16 03:25 PM
    I was driving and it kept telling me GPS signal lost. I'm on AT and T. I was even heading downtown!
    Depending on the downtown and how dense and high the buildings, that could cause loss of satellite coverage. What app were you using?
    07-14-16 05:51 PM
    Depending on the downtown and how dense and high the buildings, that could cause loss of satellite coverage. What app were you using?
    I've been using Google Maps. It seems to cut out even when I am out by my house, which is more in the suburbs. I hate that because I need a good GPS!
    07-15-16 09:15 AM
    Blackberry Virtual Expert contains a series of tests including a gps test. Download in the Playstore.

Also, you can try GPS status which can hone in on the actual satellites.

Well, MM is out now for AT&T so you can also give that a try but the gps should be working okay in Lollipop, at least, mine does. So run some tests and check. If it is malfunctioning, seek help or warranty replacement. It should work.
    07-15-16 10:51 AM
    Mine doe not even get the chance anymore to overheat, finding a gps fix takes longer than me asking for the way old style..
    After hours of phonecalls with support and mails a month ago, I have given up with the BB support.
    Rather frustrated with BB support for spending hours deleting and reinstalling apps, sending thru the screenshots from BB virtual expert and so on, calling back, mailing, trying this and that....fed up!
    Even my company phone 90!!! Moto E fixes GPS within seconds and with the Priv I have been having nothing but trouble..GPS wise that is.
    Will be sending phone back to place where i got it, they will send it out for repair... First phone since I started with mobiles in the 90's that I have to send in for repairs.
    07-15-16 01:48 PM
    Blackberry Virtual Expert contains a series of tests including a gps test. Download in the Playstore.

Also, you can try GPS status which can hone in on the actual satellites.

Well, MM is out now for AT&T so you can also give that a try but the gps should be working okay in Lollipop, at least, mine does. So run some tests and check. If it is malfunctioning, seek help or warranty replacement. It should work.
    Thanks, I'll look into the Blackberry Virtual Expert. And I've had MM for a short while, so I hope to play with it some more
    07-15-16 03:24 PM
    Mine doe not even get the chance anymore to overheat, finding a gps fix takes longer than me asking for the way old style..
    After hours of phonecalls with support and mails a month ago, I have given up with the BB support.
    Rather frustrated with BB support for spending hours deleting and reinstalling apps, sending thru the screenshots from BB virtual expert and so on, calling back, mailing, trying this and that....fed up!
    Even my company phone 90!!! Moto E fixes GPS within seconds and with the Priv I have been having nothing but trouble..GPS wise that is.
    Will be sending phone back to place where i got it, they will send it out for repair... First phone since I started with mobiles in the 90's that I have to send in for repairs.
    I do not experience your problem. My phone just gets hot
    07-17-16 01:31 AM
    Anyone been getting the cooling down message often lately with the latest beta update or marshmallow update??

Phone seems to get hot and blackberry services seems to be draining battery, any clue?

07-17-16 12:47 PM