I was killing some time today and went into Telus and Rogers stores. I wanted to confirm ETA and pricing, but not only had they not heard of the PRIV they said they are normally aware of launches weeks ahead of time.

This also "checked their computers" and said there was no info on the PRIV.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-25-15 02:55 AM
    Probably still under NDA, and the terminals don't have any information yet.
    10-25-15 06:15 AM
    With Telus having the Priv Simulator up, and Rogers announcing prices recently, carriers in Canada definitely know about the Priv. Stores will probably have training materials for employees this week and phone should in stores ready for Nov. 6.

But I live in America, so I'm not waiting on any of these carriers, more so waiting to see if Amazon will stock the phone so I can get it from them with Prime one day shipping.

Posted via CB10
    smartphonetee likes this.
    10-25-15 06:48 AM
    With Telus having the Priv Simulator up, and Rogers announcing prices recently, carriers in Canada definitely know about the Priv. Stores will probably have training materials for employees this week and phone should in stores ready for Nov. 6.

But I live in America, so I'm not waiting on any of these carriers, more so waiting to see if Amazon will stock the phone so I can get it from them with Prime one day shipping.

Posted via CB10
    I think OP means the store and call centre reps, not the carrier themselves.
    10-25-15 06:52 AM
    Not really. I asked my friend who works in telus customer service for 10+ years and she had no idea what I was talking about. Even after I sent her links about the phone. Still clueless.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 06:56 AM
    Correct. I'm not familiar with how it actually works but if Nov. 6th is the day it seems they should at least know it exists by now.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-25-15 11:27 AM
    Well it's all over the Internet and there's articles on CBC etc about it so clearly they aren't paying close attention, and I know if I was in the business of selling mobile devices, I'd know about this one.

Posted via CB10
    HaberNik and NtotheK like this.
    10-25-15 11:43 AM
    The reason why the launch delayed is the carriers are probably dragging their feet because they can. John Chen doesn't want to formally launch this phone unless he has some major carriers on board. Who knows how long that will take.
    10-25-15 12:13 PM
    I would think they would be included in the carrier umbrella as well, but still they probably will have the information soon unless they're on their own looking for the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 12:23 PM
    this is not necessarily a way to measure the potential success of the device.
    not be sound mean or put ll in one bad, but my experience with carriers sales reps is not the best...theyre not necessarily all that bright
    10-25-15 12:59 PM
    Not really. I asked my friend who works in telus customer service for 10+ years and she had no idea what I was talking about. Even after I sent her links about the phone. Still clueless.

Posted via CB10
    Real surprise she is still in customer service and hasn't scaled the telus ladder as yet
    sanjk1 likes this.
    10-25-15 01:30 PM
    I also asked about the Nexus6P and retailers didn't know about that, definitely some kind of NDA.
    10-25-15 01:52 PM
    Telus confirmed to me that they'll have the Priv available to buy in stores and online on November 6th.
    10-25-15 06:14 PM
    this is just another example of bb not doing a great job on the launch. With all this time, and leaks. The marketing has been poor. I also have called multiple times to get no answers out of Rogers or telus.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-25-15 06:28 PM
    There is still an NDA for carriers. They are supposed to basically tell you "They don't know" to any question regarding the Priv. Although Chen has started allowing preorders, it has NOT been officially released yet.

I called my local Tmobile today to ask if they will be in stock on the 6th and while the lady did know about the phone, and confirmed that people have been asking for it, she did not know when they were getting them in stock. She told me to call again tomorrow for possibly more information, since the carriers traditionally get their sales emails on Mondays.
    10-25-15 06:30 PM
    10-25-15 06:36 PM
    Great they have a email with a date. They know nothing of the phone. God knows if there will be a display, heck they may not even know it's andriod lol

10-25-15 07:11 PM
    I would love to see some pre-registration numbers, and interest.

10-25-15 07:12 PM
    There is still an NDA for carriers
    Apparently Wind doesn't give a flying crap. Post it right on the page.

https://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-...lackberry-priv
    10-25-15 09:23 PM
    Apparently Wind doesn't give a flying crap. Post it right on the page.

https://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-...lackberry-priv
    Oh please be 799.

PLEASE
    10-25-15 09:24 PM
    That info has been released officially by BlackBerry, doesn't that mean it's OK for the carriers to release it as well?

Posted using my sick Z30
    10-25-15 09:29 PM