The notes app on my Bold 9900 (OS 7) was a very handy tool.
    Especially when combined with the imo PERFECT app called: "ActionPad".

I am very disappointed by BlackBerry's Notes app especially from a power user perspective.
    I thought BlackBerry was all about productivity and security?
    I hope BlackBerry will improvements this app SOON.
    It's too basic.

1. I don't like the tile view and dislike the fact that there isn't an option for different viewing options. List view? Grid view? Gallery view (with equal sized tiles? I'm a power user and create new notes endlessly. By eyes and thumbs are already getting tired by all the tiles (in different sizes?!) and for scrolling through my notes.

2. Create folders so you can group your notes?

3. One can only sort by a)creation date, b) last modified, c)by title. What about sorting by name, size?

4. E-mail your notes is not possible any longer? Really? Where's: "Forward as: E-mail, text message, pin, bbm chat" (and maybe Watsapp/Viber now (if possible)? And what about e-mailing it as (a .txt) attachment?

@ BB Development team, please download "ActionPad" and have a good look as to what you could implement.

"ActionPad" fuctionality:

5. With the Notes app on Priv (Privacy & Security), I'm missing the possibility to "encrypt & Save" aside from normal saving.
    This is a MUST for a device who claims to be the safest. Encrypted memos can only be deleted in Memo Details screen and cannot be opened or accessed via mass storage device. Encrypted memos can only be sent in Memo Details screen and maybe have a possibility to send others a password so that they can open the notes with the notes app?
    -Option to remember password while editing memo or when you minimize app ( circle / square button) and auto encrypt if back light times out / Enable session password.

6.Option in settings to start memo edit at bottom.

7. Change font size, font style (New Times Roman?).

8. Option in settings to: enable full screen when physical keyboard is flipped out?

9. Option in settings to: auto number a new memo title + choose a prefix like # or WHATEVER you want + reset counter to ANY number.

10. Option in settings to auto add a)date or b)time or c)date & time

11. Auto save memo every 30 seconds.

12. Ability to create/use shortcuts with the keyboard.

13. Possibility to back-up all notes and have an encryption possibility.

14. Have a quick hide/unhide memo option (not available to ActionPad but usefull nonetheless).

15. The option to protect opening the app with a password.

The current app is just way too basic to be productive and usefull.
    I hope you will improve the app with these and other functions with a future update.
    Last edited by WT44; 01-11-16 at 09:19 AM.
    01-07-16 03:28 PM
    Time to upgrade to BB10

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 03:35 PM
    BB10 is NOT a better option with crappie Evernote. I personally recommend OneNote much more powerful with huge free augmentations for Mac/pc an compatible with every mobile device; ahem apk for BB10 though but works from Amazon Store.

Sad that BlackBerry was an initial player in smartphones that heralded PIM PDA functionality to smartphones is now all but loosing this core Tennant.

Sad times ahead.

вιaсĸвεггч Z10 via CB10 (Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2639) on BES12
    01-07-16 05:14 PM
    I too use the note app regularly and what I would like to see is an approach similar to apple's notes app (but secure). Syncing of notes across all devices (phone and notebooks) but not with evernote... It would be great if BlackBerry provided it's own secure and private notes sync.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-08-16 12:04 PM
    What a pity that the latest Notes update we got some time ago, basically didn't tackle any of
    the stuff I listed.... Disappointing.
    03-10-16 06:29 PM
    I am on the priv and still prefer Evernote. I have used onenote but always go back to Evernote have had it for years and can get to it with any device and OS

03-10-16 07:42 PM
    Give them time. I rememeber when BlackBerry 10 came, the Remember app was at a similar state. You couldn't even have multiple alarms or repeatable tasks.

I'm sure it's on their lists but not as high.
    Till then enjoy Android and other apps that may offer what you want.

Posted via Note 5 till my PRIV comes back
    03-10-16 09:31 PM
    Give them time. I rememeber when BlackBerry 10 came, the Remember app was at a similar state. You couldn't even have multiple alarms or repeatable tasks.

I'm sure it's on their lists but not as high.
    Till then enjoy Android and other apps that may offer what you want.

If I'm honest Remember was also terrible by the time I left. What Tasks app doesn't have "purge completed"??
    03-10-16 10:57 PM
    If I'm honest Remember was also terrible by the time I left. What Tasks app doesn't have "purge completed"??
    Could be but it was super productive on Passport

03-11-16 01:20 AM
    Time to upgrade to BB10

Posted via CB10
    to true
    03-11-16 01:56 AM
    This notes app is completely useless. Anyone have any suggestions on how to move the notes migrated from BB10 over to Evernote/OneNote/Google Keep? All seem to be better options.
    03-24-16 02:49 PM
    This notes app is completely useless. Anyone have any suggestions on how to move the notes migrated from BB10 over to Evernote/OneNote/Google Keep? All seem to be better options.
    Cntl+C
    Cntl+V

Just kidding.

First migrate you're BB10 notes to Priv notes. Then sync that notes app to an Exchange server. Then Google how to sync Outlook notes to OneNote (another Microsoft product). You may need to get a temporary Office 365 account, assuming the Priv Notes app will not sync to Office 365.

Agree it's utter garbage.

Lawmen23 likes this.
    03-24-16 05:58 PM
    Whose app is the Priv's Notes app? BB?

There is no method to back them up? Or restore them?
    03-24-16 06:28 PM
    There's an entire appstore called Google Play... why don't you search for a better app that fills your requirements ?...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    raremage and BB_Junky like this.
    03-24-16 06:32 PM
    It's expected although. I remember when BlackBerry 10 came out, the app wasn't at all at par with that of BlackBerry 7.

Give it time to mature. BlackBerry has bigger tasks at the moment. Currently it supports simple note taking app. I have trust in BlackBerry to improve it over time.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    03-25-16 12:13 AM
    I just want something basic that integrates into calendar lol any suggestions

Posted via the CrackBerry App for for Priv
    will308 likes this.
    03-25-16 01:15 AM
    I am trying to get Google Keep, or something similar, into the "productivity tab"

It currently uses the old BlackBerry" tasks" app.

Any suggestions??

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    Lawmen23 likes this.
    03-25-16 01:51 PM
    The "Notes" app definitely needs improvements. I agree %100 with that. One would think BlackBerry could continue the tradition of implementing a high quality note taking experience with the Priv.

03-27-16 09:33 PM
    I just want something basic that integrates into calendar lol any suggestions

Posted via the CrackBerry App for for Priv
    I use Wunderlist on my PC. Haven't tried it on Android but functionality should be the same. Works well with calendar

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    03-28-16 10:59 AM
    I agree, I have been submitting feedback directly regarding the Notes app and what would make the device easier to use (and more usefull).

I was told that my feedback was valued but the Notes app was only there to sync to exchange accounts..

I know there are many 3rd party apps but when you claim more security and"privacy" than the other androids but just rely on the same 3rd party solutions, something is off.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-28-16 11:34 AM
    I agree, I have been submitting feedback directly regarding the Notes app and what would make the device easier to use (and more usefull).

I was told that my feedback was valued but the Notes app was only there to sync to exchange accounts..

I know there are many 3rd party apps but when you claim more security and"privacy" than the other androids but just rely on the same 3rd party solutions, something is off.

Posted via CB10
    I fully agree.

Need a File Manager - go third party. Who cares if its Permissions allow the developer and google to see everything.

Need a Photo Viewer - go third party. Who cares if its Permissions allow the developer and google to see everything.

Need a NOTES app - go third party. Who cares ......

etc, etc and so forth...........
    Jahcure likes this.
    03-28-16 11:46 AM
    By the time it matures, android blackberry will be obsolete. Like bb10.
    03-28-16 03:36 PM