I imagine that using a Priv will be a transition, just like it is when using a Passport for the first time.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:03 PM
    Again!...Growing pains, folks! It will happen, I assure you. Grow or die!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:04 PM
    I have to type with the end of my nose. Imagine how I feel? You're taking your ability to type with thumbs for granted and I'm offended.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:13 PM
    Train your brains? How many do you have?

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 likes this.
    11-06-15 10:49 PM
    I will have to check it out for myself but I've never gotten used to a new sized keyboard in any period shorter than maybe a week or so.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 11:16 PM
    It took me a while to get use to the small keys but now it's fine just need to give it a chance.
    What do you mean 'took you a while'? The Priv was literally released yesterday.
    11-06-15 11:49 PM
    Until/unless it comes to Sprint, I'll be sticking with my Q10.
    11-06-15 11:59 PM
    yeahman..

heh.. thanks for playing.
    11-07-15 01:36 AM
    I thought the passport keyboard was impossible to type on when it was clamped down; not so much when I actually bought one and tried it out. You need to spend time with it. You're not going to get it right on your first try in store with all that security stuff around it and in the way.
    11-07-15 01:38 AM
    He's clearly very fast at evaluating devices. You should hire him. Reviews in 5 minutes.
    gvs1341 likes this.
    11-07-15 01:40 AM
    Then you just have to buy what you like. There are plenty of other people there are waiting for the BlackBerry Priv.
    11-07-15 03:28 PM
    He's clearly very fast at evaluating devices. You should hire him. Reviews in 5 minutes.
    He probably already has a decent paying job at The Verge. :P
    11-08-15 01:04 PM
    Yep...it only takes a few minutes to figure out that the keyboard is small, cramped and cheap feeling. Huge disappointment!
    11-08-15 04:48 PM
    Yep...it only takes a few minutes to figure out that the keyboard is small, cramped and cheap feeling. Huge disappointment!
    The thing has built in touch sensors! What the heck feels 'cheap' about it to you? And, I'm guessing you never used the original Torch device. Nothing was more 'cramped' than that keyboard and yet, after an adjustment period, it became quite natural to type on that device. Like any other keyboard, it will take a little while to get used to, but if the keyboard is your biggest gripe with the device, then I'd say that's a win for BlackBerry. Most people who are buying it for the keyboard will love the keyboard, without a doubt.
    11-08-15 05:32 PM
    I thought the passport keyboard was impossible to type on when it was clamped down; not so much when I actually bought one and tried it out. You need to spend time with it. You're not going to get it right on your first try in store with all that security stuff around it and in the way.
    I agree. I spent 10 minutes with the device and found it difficult to type on the PKB yet the VKB I was perfect. However once I receive mine I will spend time with it. I even took out my torch 9800 and bold 9700 just to get re-acclimated. I have spent the last year with the Passport and have gotten used to its PKB.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 06:06 PM
    The thing has built in touch sensors! What the heck feels 'cheap' about it to you? And, I'm guessing you never used the original Torch device. Nothing was more 'cramped' than that keyboard and yet, after an adjustment period, it became quite natural to type on that device. Like any other keyboard, it will take a little while to get used to, but if the keyboard is your biggest gripe with the device, then I'd say that's a win for BlackBerry. Most people who are buying it for the keyboard will love the keyboard, without a doubt.
    True. I never bought the Torch because I suffered for a number of years with the 8830 which was just as bad. I've done small & cramped Blackberry keyboards before including the Q10 . Really not too excited to do it again with the Priv no matter how much I like that phone. And, by the way, I've done magnificent ones from Blackberry too, so I know what a great keyboard feels like and the Priv is not anywhere close.
    11-08-15 06:15 PM
    Couple of thoughts:

When the device is at the store, it's got all kinds of cables and tethers and the power cord is in at the center and you cannot possibly hold that thing properly to judge.
    I came from a Classic, and I find myself adjusted to it quite well already.
    This is exactly what's happening, people walk into stores where a priv is attached to cables and hold it for a few minutes and suddenly they are experts and review the phone on the forums. It's none sense.

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    11-08-15 07:38 PM
    The keyboard is small. I will grant you that. However, that does not make it crap. You need to spend a week or two with it and then comment on how you've adopted to it. For instance, I was playing with the demo unit, and while I did find the keyboard to be really small and not up to the typical BlackBerry standard for keyboards (keys are vertically too small, horizontal spacing was OK), I did find that I was typing reasonably well without looking after about only 5 minutes of using it.

Is it the best keyboard that BlackBerry made? Most definitely not, and I say that confidently. Is it a decent keyboard? I think it may be, but it requires some adjustment.
    11-09-15 11:05 AM
    OP should try the Pearl's keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    The pearl was my favorite keyboard. It coupled with the auto correct let me type flawlessly on the go without even looking. Everyone used to swear I was sitting at a computer I'd reply so fast.

11-09-15 11:09 AM
44 12