Generally correct, however, SMS leverages a very different mechanism than the notification data. For the other integrated pieces of content that is correct though.
    Thanks for the clarification, your advices are always very useful , we highly appreciate your presence in the different threads.
    04-05-16 09:58 PM
    Generally correct, however, SMS leverages a very different mechanism than the notification data. For the other integrated pieces of content that is correct though.
    When I get a Facebook notification, I also get it in Hub. That's good.

The problem is that when I mark it read in Hub (swipe right, the way I have it set) is does NOT dismiss the Android Notification.

The same thing happens with SMS. If I swipe right on a new unread (yellow) SMS in Hub, it goes gray (read) but the notification remains in the Android Notification Tray.

Conversely, if I mark the SMS read via the texting app drop down, it WILL mark as read in Hub. But it only works unidirectionally.

Is there a fix in the works for this?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-06-16 01:12 PM
    04-06-16 04:20 PM
    When I get a Facebook notification, I also get it in Hub. That's good.

The problem is that when I mark it read in Hub (swipe right, the way I have it set) is does NOT dismiss the Android Notification.

The same thing happens with SMS. If I swipe right on a new unread (yellow) SMS in Hub, it goes gray (read) but the notification remains in the Android Notification Tray.

Conversely, if I mark the SMS read via the texting app drop down, it WILL mark as read in Hub. But it only works unidirectionally.

Is there a fix in the works for this?

Yes. For all social integrated notification items we have improvements in the coming release for that issue.

For SMS it was a little bit more difficult given there are many different SMS apps, so that fix is coming for the release after unfortunately.
    fanisk likes this.
    04-07-16 11:14 AM
    Yes. For all social integrated notification items we have improvements in the coming release for that issue.

For SMS it was a little bit more difficult given there are many different SMS apps, so that fix is coming for the release after unfortunately.
    Will that be a release separate and earlier than the marshmallow update?

BTW. Thanks for your presence on these boards. Im glad BlackBerry is listening.

It has seemed quite quiet on the app updates specific to BlackBerry as of late so I'm hoping for some nice surprises soon!

my first foray into droidlandia
    04-07-16 01:09 PM
    I think heads-up is the fairly large notification that you get covering the top 15% of the screen or so, where as it sounds to me like your talking about the little notifications you get in the top LH corner which when you drag down from the top show you all the notifications there?

04-07-16 02:41 PM
    Okay. I was not a believer about Yaata but it works best with Hub by far! It is so fast and instant! Google Messenger and Textra are much slower with hub; both for splat notification and opening a message up. Plus on Textra you have to install an extra notification app which sucks.
    On their own they are all great but not with Hub. Only Yaata is super fast just like on BB10 if not even better.
    I was a doubter but no longer.

Posted via my PRIV
    04-07-16 03:01 PM
    What about for Facebook, SMS, etc? How do I stop dual notifications from them? I also want to use the Hub, so how do I go about in turning them off, with only the Hub catching all the notifications from now on?
    For FB, I disabled android app notifications and relied on email notifications instead (make sure it is enabled from FB on the web).

For SMS, I use Yaata instead of the stock google app. Integrates very well with the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 03:15 PM
    Okay. I was not a believer about Yaata but it works best with Hub by far! It is so fast and instant! Google Messenger and Textra are much slower with hub; both for splat notification and opening a message up. Plus on Textra you have to install an extra notification app which sucks.
    On their own they are all great but not with Hub. Only Yaata is super fast just like on BB10 if not even better.
    I was a doubter but no longer.

Posted via my PRIV
    The developer for Yaata also has a major presence here on CB. Just search for the Yaata thread here.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 03:17 PM
    Hmm... Used to be a lot worse for me. Now I'm just getting viber and Instagram notification which are still pretty annoying. The rest seems to have been addressed. Double notifications really upsets he purpose of having the Hub setup.
    12-03-17 02:51 AM
    Hmm... Used to be a lot worse for me. Now I'm just getting viber and Instagram notification which are still pretty annoying. The rest seems to have been addressed. Double notifications really upsets he purpose of having the Hub setup.
    Go to the App setting and tell it to not show notifications? This is what I do with Gmail.
    12-03-17 03:51 PM
    Maybe this was answered but if you're using he HUB why use the app? I have GMail disabled and my messages still show in the HUB.
    12-04-17 11:19 PM
    Following
    04-20-20 12:27 PM
    Following
    The last post was in 2017.... might be disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-20 05:48 PM
39 12