All of the instructions I found through Google for how to disable Blackberry Hub are out of date. Is it still possible to disable this?

I don't want to keep getting multiple notifications for every text message and e-mail I receive. I have no desire for my text messages and e-mails to be in one app. Can I disable the Hub still?
    07-29-16 01:53 PM
    Go to app information and click disable.
    07-29-16 01:58 PM
    When I go to Settings -> Device -> Apps I don't see Blackberry Hub in there. Might it be named something else?

The out-of-date instructions show launching hub, going to settings (...) and disabling it there. That doesn't seem to work on my phone though.
    07-29-16 02:11 PM
    When I go to Settings -> Device -> Apps I don't see Blackberry Hub in there. Might it be named something else?

The out-of-date instructions show launching hub, going to settings (...) and disabling it there. That doesn't seem to work on my phone though.
    I don't understand, it's there see the screen shot.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    Attached Thumbnails Disabling Blackberry hub?-26156.jpg  
    07-29-16 02:19 PM
    I don't see it on mine! I got this phone 2 weeks ago, and installed all of the updates. What version are you running?

Disabling Blackberry hub?-i5ytwtf.jpg
    07-29-16 04:16 PM
    I don't see it on mine! I got this phone 2 weeks ago, and installed all of the updates. What version are you running?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i5yTWtf.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	405122
    That "screen/page" can be swiped to the left to see more columns/choices. (it can be a bit sticky or reluctant to slide) Go to the ALL column and you should find the HUB,
    BigBobby2016 likes this.
    07-29-16 04:49 PM
    Nice, thank you very much!
    07-29-16 04:55 PM
    PS you can turn Gmail sync off in system settings - accounts - Google and then you won't get duplicate email notifications.

The Hub does not notify for text messages.
    07-29-16 07:55 PM
    Disable the Gmail app. It's terrible anyways.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-29-16 08:06 PM
    Download Type Mail. Much better than Hub.
    07-29-16 08:20 PM
    What do you like better about TypeMail?
    07-29-16 08:42 PM
    Download Type Mail. Much better than Hub.
    I see it in the Playstore, and it looks like a powerful email app, BUT it doesn't look like it can show texts, Whatsapp, bbm, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram notifications.
    So it's not really fair to say it is "better" than the Hub overall... maybe for emails only.

07-29-16 08:44 PM
    What do you like better about TypeMail?
    It is true it is only email, but I can handle that as the Hub on BB has to open separate SMS, social media, etc. apps anyway. In terms of email, it is very fluid and has some features like conversation clusters, built in avatars, rich text signatures and several others which I like.
    07-29-16 09:56 PM
    It is true it is only email, but I can handle that as the Hub on BB has to open separate SMS, social media, etc. apps anyway. In terms of email, it is very fluid and has some features like conversation clusters, built in avatars, rich text signatures and several others which I like.
    Another thing that keeps me from using Hub is that it doesn't play well with Textra, especially in terms of read/unread.
    07-29-16 09:58 PM
    MS activesync/push email performance is atrocious on Typemail/Bluemail.

07-30-16 02:33 AM
    I've been reasonably happy with CloudMail. It would be nice if it supports encryption.
    07-30-16 06:26 AM
    Another thing that keeps me from using Hub is that it doesn't play well with Textra, especially in terms of read/unread.
    Looked into that one actually as I was using Textra. They don't use the SMS database properly from what I can see which is what causes the problem.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-30-16 08:14 AM
    Looked into that one actually as I was using Textra. They don't use the SMS database properly from what I can see which is what causes the problem.
    Yeah that's why I stopped using Texted. Didn't really like Yaata either so I went back to the stock Messenger.

07-30-16 08:44 AM
    It's too bad. I liked Textra a lot, but that issue was certainly annoying. Oh well. Lots of texting apps out there to try.
    07-30-16 09:33 AM
    BlackBerry is still working on the hub. Hope flourishes.

I still like it because the battery takes less of a hit that when I use Gmail and everything is in one spot. Without swipes, switching apps in Android is a chore.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-30-16 10:29 AM
    BlackBerry is still working on the hub. Hope flourishes.

I still like it because the battery takes less of a hit that when I use Gmail and everything is in one spot. Without swipes, switching apps in Android is a chore.

Oh there's a ton yet to come
    07-30-16 10:31 AM

Why can't you drag the BlackBerry Hub from the Application drawer and to the top where it says Disable? The key is to open the Application drawer first.

Either ways, for me, BlackBerry Hub is the key for using a BlackBerry device.

Posted via handy dandy PRIV
    07-30-16 10:32 AM
    That's sure true. It isn't a BlackBerry without hub, an amazing keyboard (VKB or PKB), security, and Blackberry Messenger.

Everything else is amazing, too, but without those why get a BlackBerry.

07-30-16 10:39 AM
    Oh there's a ton yet to come
    Great. Will it become seamless with texts like in the BlackBerry OS?

via Priv
    07-30-16 10:51 AM
    With no hub, why did you get Blackberry?
    07-30-16 12:07 PM
38 12