Hi. I'd like to try disabling HUB just to see what it does to the performance but when I hit the disable button I get a warning that disabling the app will result in the loss of data. Does anybody know what data is lost when the app is disabled? Thanks.
    05-13-17 05:10 PM
    Follow up - I presume it means the emails and texts already in the HUB. I want to know if it's permanently lost or whether they will all come back if I go back to it.
    05-13-17 05:13 PM
    Yeah I disabled mine and re-enabled - everything came back as it was.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-13-17 07:19 PM
    I figured it would but "data loss" and "delete" always make me nervous. Thanks a lot.
    05-13-17 07:23 PM
    Sure, for modern day bb10 phones. The hub was perfected for an OS that didn't have great app support nor had great system for notifications. Android has many options for various apps relating to email, calendar, tasks, etc, and it has an awesome notification system.

For those that say why buy blackberry if you're not going to use the hub are longtime bb users that don't want to give up something that's been in their life for years. For the rest of us, or those that see the redundancy, the hub is just a clunker app that tries to be 10 apps in 1, but fails to do that efficiently.
    I dumped android for bb10 and would still be there had things gone differently. I always hated the way email was handled on android. I loved the hub on bb10 and I still do now that I'm back on android. I spent a total of 3 years away from Android. That's not really a lifetime. Prior to bb10 I'd never owned a BlackBerry
    FF22 likes this.
    05-13-17 10:46 PM
    No, if anything I'd go to FFF222!

As for my age - she still calls me Peter Pan (never grow up) but it's only a number and this one was very round! (g)
    She who must be obeyed, Wendy to your Peter Pan?
    FF22 likes this.
    05-15-17 05:41 AM
    I tried doing this and couldn't get used to the other apps that replaced my hub. I use the search feature 2-3 times/week and love not having to load old messages in the hub like I did with other email replacements.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-15-17 08:36 AM
    She who must be obeyed, Wendy to your Peter Pan?
    She prefers being referred to as GENERAL, no I'm not kidding!
    PHughes and anon(3641385) like this.
    05-15-17 09:09 AM
    I tried doing this and couldn't get used to the other apps that replaced my hub. I use the search feature 2-3 times/week and love not having to load old messages in the hub like I did with other email replacements.
    Listen, BB created the near perfect device. It has the Hub if you want it and you can ignore it and use all those other separate apps. Yes, I'm sure folks want the ability to remove all traces of the Hub but there are those of us who would love to remove almost all traces of Google. Can't have everything. Recall I did say NEAR perfect.
    newcollector likes this.
    05-15-17 09:51 AM
    I'm not talking about hub permissions, I'm talking about all the other apps. If you aren't going to use hub and use dtek to pare back app permissions, might as well have any other/cheaper android phone.

Shutting down the hub isn't what I would call supporting BlackBerry. Maybe if there weren't other ways to clean up the OS and apps, but that's not the case. My 2 cents. It's worth what it's worth.
    The Priv also has a Keyboard, an SD card slot, a pretty nice little speaker on the bottom, a really nice screen, and It's easy to use with one hand. They even made it so the Priv barely has a bottom bezel below the "screen" with the onscreen buttons.

There is alot to like about the Priv even without Blackberry's software.
    FF22, mithrazor and Nathan Conley like this.
    05-21-17 03:29 PM
    My Priv only gets very slightly warm at the tail end of a reboot. Other than that, it runs fine/cool. I like the Hub and would be reticent to disable or uninstall it. From the varying opinions on doing this and from the wide range of experiences with lag and heat issues, I think the necessity to disable Hub may be based more on how the individual uses the Priv. I have three email accounts and LinkedIn as well as BBM and texting in my hub. I consider myself an average user as far as activity. My Priv may be a tad slow on occasion, but nothing for me to complain about and certainly nothing that I didn't experience on my Passport.
    05-21-17 08:58 PM
    The Priv was atrocious for a bit in terms of heat and battery life. Right now though outside of streaming video or more intense games the Priv is able to hold itself together pretty well. To be fair though I have gotten pretty good at stretching out the battery life of an Android phone over the years so that's likely a large part of it.
    05-21-17 10:54 PM
    I never use Hub and don't really know or care what it is. I have had my Priv for about a year. Lately it has become really slow. I want to try disabling HUB but can't figure out how. Help?
    05-25-17 07:06 PM
    I never use Hub and don't really know or care what it is. I have had my Priv for about a year. Lately it has become really slow. I want to try disabling HUB but can't figure out how. Help?
    Settings, Apps, BlackBerry HUB, and tap on disable.

Maybe disable HUB services also. And see how that works
    FF22 likes this.
    05-26-17 01:48 AM
39 12