Your own milage may vary, but disabling them and switching to Outlook/sunrise not only made my battery much better, but has increased performance quite a bit too.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    gocanucks99 likes this.
    11-12-15 03:13 PM
    I assumed it would. But outlook is still a worse experience. Sigh
    11-12-15 03:25 PM
    Here's hoping BlackBerry can fix the power drain problems, kind of defeats the purpose of owning a BlackBerry device if you have to disable the BlackBerry apps.
    11-12-15 06:36 PM
    Your own milage may vary, but disabling them and switching to Outlook/sunrise not only made my battery much better, but has increased performance quite a bit too.

Same thing I did. Been watching the play store for updates before I download and try again

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 06:59 PM
    Just guessing but when you were noticing the battery drain issue, was your inbox still in the process of syncing?
    11-12-15 10:43 PM
    Here's hoping BlackBerry can fix the power drain problems, kind of defeats the purpose of owning a BlackBerry device if you have to disable the BlackBerry apps.
    I got mine on the 10th and the battery drain has naturally subsided. The only thing I did was delete FB as D-Tek said it had accessed my location 50 times in 5 hours. I now use a Web shortcut.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    bbfanatic11 and bluetroll like this.
    11-12-15 11:57 PM
    I got mine on the 10th and the battery drain has naturally subsided. The only thing I did was delete FB as D-Tek said it had accessed my location 50 times in 5 hours. I now use a Web shortcut.

That's nothing - I got mine on the 6th and DTek show the Groupon app has accessed my location 17,367 times LOL
    tl000 and Patrick Pierobon like this.
    11-13-15 02:08 AM
    That's nothing - I got mine on the 6th and DTek show the Groupon app has accessed my location 17,367 times LOL
    God, why the he'll do they need to know where you are at all times? Ridiculous!

11-13-15 06:18 AM
    Battery life is fine. I'm getting 5.5-6h screen on time a day now after everything has synced and settled down.
    11-13-15 06:51 AM
    Battery life is fine. I'm getting 5.5-6h screen on time a day now after everything has synced and settled down.
    Wish mine was that good. Mine is warm and only really getting 2.5 hours screen times tops right now.

11-13-15 06:56 AM
    All my email addresses when you go to the individual folder view are showing syncing with the arrows. I have sync set to push on all of the email addresses. Is this how it's supposed to look

11-13-15 06:58 AM
    Wish mine was that good. Mine is warm and only really getting 2.5 hours screen times tops right now.

Mine was like that for the first few days. Heat was a real issue early on but it's really calmed down now. Give it time?
    Daniel Grappone likes this.
    11-13-15 07:11 AM
    It had been enabled since launch day, and still never settled in. Gmail syncing was off, only hub.

Seems like it's a real performance hog. A shame for obvious reasons. Hope it can be fixed.

11-13-15 10:42 AM
    It had been enabled since launch day, and still never settled in. Gmail syncing was off, only hub.

Seems like it's a real performance hog. A shame for obvious reasons. Hope it can be fixed.

What version of Hub were you using? The updated 1.1 version?
    11-13-15 11:20 AM
    What version of Hub were you using? The updated 1.1 version?

Whereas before I would have been out of battery by now, I have 45% this afternoon.

11-13-15 12:25 PM
    I'm not having power drain problems, and I'm using the Hub with my email, contacts and calendar via Exchange.

Idle draw is in the ~20ma range, which is excellent (under 0.1w)
    11-13-15 01:03 PM
    I plan on doing the same thing, but I'm buying a blackberry for the hardware, not the software.
    kertong and Dave Liao like this.
    11-13-15 01:46 PM
    I get about 5 hours of screen on time. Is that average? I was hoping for better. But I can't complain. It does last me throughout the whole day.

11-14-15 01:00 AM
    Interesting. I was using Google Apps legacy, which lacks exchange. Perhaps the issues are linked?

11-14-15 08:58 AM
    My BlackBerry Priv has been averaging 16 hours of use each day since purchase on Friday, 6 November. The battery life has been excellent. BlackBerry Hub has not been a battery drain at all.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 09:01 AM
    They will fix this issue. Exact same thing happened with Z10 they released an update within 2 weeks that fixed it.
    I have heard from support it is being addressed.
    Saying all that , I use all the BlackBerry apps and have great battery life and perfect OS performance. Which makes me wonder if people have really dug deep into all the syncing settingsand have updated all BlackBerry Limited apps

Posted from my Priv!
    11-14-15 09:01 AM
    The first couple of days the battery draw was pretty high but everything has settled in. I get above average battery life which is well above the 22 hours mixed use that BlackBerry advertises. The main things I did was drop my screen brightness to about 50% and turn off Gmail sync. NFC and location are on. BT is on.

Today I'll be going the whole day without charging so I'll report back my results. Took my Priv off the charger at 07:20.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Priv!
    11-14-15 09:25 AM
    I get about 5 hours of screen on time. Is that average? I was hoping for better. But I can't complain. It does last me throughout the whole day.

Depends on how bright it is.

OLEDs are power pigs. Always have been, always will be. The first "big mass market" phone with them was the SGS-II and it had a little 1700maH (claimed) battery that would get knocked flat in an hour and a half of screen-on time.

The way to minimize this is to run dark wallpaper and when possible select a dark background in apps. OLEDs only pull power for the lit pixels, and the more lit pixels......
    11-14-15 09:36 AM
    Depends on how bright it is.

OLEDs are power pigs. Always have been, always will be. The first "big mass market" phone with them was the SGS-II and it had a little 1700maH (claimed) battery that would get knocked flat in an hour and a half of screen-on time.

The way to minimize this is to run dark wallpaper and when possible select a dark background in apps. OLEDs only pull power for the lit pixels, and the more lit pixels......
    Thanks, I usually have it on 50% if not less.

11-14-15 11:38 AM
    I fixed almost all hub and battery issues by wiping Services and adding my accounts manually.

Go to the Battery settings and check "BlackBerry Services" . If it's bugged it will be the leading cause of battery drain behind the screen. Mine was only 2% behind the screen in battery drain! Click it, and in the page that pops up click "Clear Data". This will wipe all the accounts for the phone without doing a factory reset.

When you first open Hub after that, it will be completely empty. Give it a few seconds and your BBM, Texts, and Twitter(after prompting for password) will auto load and sync on their own. Now, add your email accounts manually to Hub, making sure to set sync to Never and use Push. Disable Gmail app sync for any emails that are added to Hub to prevent double notifications and further improve battery life.

After doing this my Hub opens instantly, syncs way faster, phone doesn't turn into a hot potato while using, and battery life is back to normal.

"BlackBerry Services" battery usage went from almost as high as Screen usage to barely anything.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    11-14-15 11:58 AM
52 123