I just upgraded to Marshmallow using an autoloader. What's the best way to disable all vibration on this OS? I'm sure there isn't a single button to accomplish this but any advice would help.

Thanks
    11-09-16 03:59 PM
    "Do Not Disturb" is a one button solution I think.
    Gray likes this.
    11-09-16 04:22 PM
    I hate the vibration when deleting a mail from the notification tray. Why can't I just disable it when volume is on.
    11-09-16 04:34 PM
    I hate this fact on android I was trying to find a way to disable it during adjusting setings for my father's Dtek.. but nothing wait a minute but do not disturb isn't it silent just? Guys seeing something missing from blackberry android report it to bb. And it will come maybe even in next update! Please do so!
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    11-09-16 04:54 PM
    Settings > Sound & Notifications > Also vibrate for calls (off)
    Settings > Sound & Notifications > Other sounds > Vibrate on touch (off)

If you are using HUB, you can toggle off Vibrate for your individual email accounts.
    You may have to do this individually for different apps depending on what you have installed. Stock Google Messenger app for instance. Although, when I receive a LinkedIn notification in HUB, my phone vibrates and I can't find a way to turn this off.
    11-09-16 05:32 PM
    If LinkedIn is a email notification I press my Gmail icon, tape 3 bars top left, tap settings. General settings come up, my email address comes up and add account comes up.
    I tap my email address tap in box sound and vibrate, unchecked vibrate.
    This turns off vibrate for all email notifications.
    I also set my notification tone for emails here.
    11-09-16 05:43 PM
    If LinkedIn is a email notification I press my Gmail icon, tape 3 bars top left, tap settings. General settings come up, my email address comes up and add account comes up.
    I tap my email address tap in box sound and vibrate, unchecked vibrate.
    This turns off vibrate for all email notifications.
    I also set my notification tone for emails here.
    No, the LinkedIn account is a separate account that was added to HUB when I installed and signed into the LinkedIn App. If I go into the HUB settings and select the LinkedIn account there are only two options, Display on Account Tab and Account Colour.
    11-09-16 09:47 PM
    Even you turn off vibrate, when deleting an email from the notification tray it vibrates, no way to disable it.
    11-09-16 10:45 PM
    I just upgraded to Marshmallow using an autoloader. What's the best way to disable all vibration on this OS? I'm sure there isn't a single button to accomplish this but any advice would help.

Thanks
    This works universally for entire PRIV only if PRIV goes in power save mode. If you wish to disable all vibrations during usual operations then you will need go to "Notification" setting of every application installed on PRIV - this includes inbuilt keyboard typing feedback settings to Chrome Notifications, facebook App Settings Notifications and so and so forth.

It took me an hour to find and get it done but it works well once done.

There are some applications like WhatsApp - their disabled vibrate gets enabled after new update is installed.

One has to go back again in settings of that app and disable it again.

There could be a application out there to achieve this but I would not want to install one - for everything you wish to achieve in Android you need a dedicated App. Crazy stuff it is.

Right now Music Track Next / Previous using volume rockers is driving me crazy as by default that does not work and every article out there says I need a dedicated App for that.

I usually take nap during long bus journeys to and from office - I am required to open my eyes, activate the PRIV screen and then select the track I wish to hear - what a stupid thing to do when man just wants to take nap and change tracks with a simple push of a button - without opening his eyes.

And no I don't wish to replace my Shure IEMs with something which has inline volume rocker or track change buttons.

Huhhhhhh
    11-09-16 11:19 PM
    To derail the topic, for the music problem, I downloaded poweramp, I could turn off most of the snooping (obviously it needs access to your storage to find music) and then I can use the little button on headphone cord to pause/unpause, a double tap of the button advances tracks. Also the app begins playing as soon as you plug in your headphones, kinda neat.
    11-10-16 09:43 AM
    To derail the topic, for the music problem, I downloaded poweramp, I could turn off most of the snooping (obviously it needs access to your storage to find music) and then I can use the little button on headphone cord to pause/unpause, a double tap of the button advances tracks. Also the app begins playing as soon as you plug in your headphones, kinda neat.
    In case you didn't know, you can also triple tap the button to go one track back.

Neutron can also start playback when you plug headphones in, plus all kinds of other options. You might check it out, imho definitely the best Android music player.
    11-10-16 10:08 AM
    No, the LinkedIn account is a separate account that was added to HUB when I installed and signed into the LinkedIn App. If I go into the HUB settings and select the LinkedIn account there are only two options, Display on Account Tab and Account Colour.
    Yes but I have one friend who has me on his account. I do not get much sent to me but I do not remember a vibration going off. He is away this week I am waiting for him to get back to send me a message so I can verify.
    I gave my Gmail address as the means to contact me and that is the only way linkedin can contact me thus my suggestion to shut off vibration through the Gmail or your email company through settings.
    I get no vibration for any Gmail notifications.
    11-10-16 07:52 PM
    It seems to vibrate when I get a LinkedIn notification (not an email) to connect with someone new. I get the notification sound I have my PRIV set to use but the phone also vibrates when the notification comes in. Can't find a setting anywhere that would control this.
    11-11-16 12:39 AM
    I downloaded LINKEDIN is there a way other than to post information here that you can send me a invite. I am curious if my phone will vibrate as I have no vibration at all at this point?
    11-11-16 07:13 AM
    In case you didn't know, you can also triple tap the button to go one track back.

Neutron can also start playback when you plug headphones in, plus all kinds of other options. You might check it out, imho definitely the best Android music player.
    Not to add to the derail/hijack, but I use BlackPlayer, has built in EQ and option to create/save playlists, scan your entire device for any music files as well.

Single tap to go forward/back track, search features by artist/genre or song title - auto-start when plugging in headphones is there as well.
    11-11-16 08:02 AM
    I downloaded LINKEDIN is there a way other than to post information here that you can send me a invite. I am curious if my phone will vibrate as I have no vibration at all at this point?
    Instead of me sending the invite, you can maybe try to get anyone you may know on LinkedIn to connect with you while you have your phone in hand. The notification will come in through HUB and you should notice it vibrate.

None of this is really a big deal to me, it just seems like the user should have some kind of control over these notifications through the LinkedIn app or through HUB.
    11-11-16 04:19 PM