Same here, great screen, great battery life and great reception make this a hard decision. This morning I was all set on buying another PRIV out of pocket but being unlocked ( hopefully more frequent security updates) as well as starting off with Nougat and knowing I'll be getting Oreo have swung me over far enough that I ordered the K1 this evening.

That being said, I'll run it through the wringer as soon as I get it and if I can't live with the screen or reception is as bad as some claim, I'll return it and get another PRIV.

Thanks for all the responses, they did factor in to my choice.
    I will be interested in hearing how you like the KEYone in comparison to the Priv. Like you, I have been very satisfied with my Priv over the past 2 years as I haven't experienced the issues many have experienced.

Bob
    10-31-17 07:14 AM
    Actually I'm having buyers remorse this morning, but it's supposed to be here tomorrow, so I'll give the K1 a fair shot, but I'll not hesitate to return it and get another PRIV if it doesn't work for me like the PRIV does.
    10-31-17 01:34 PM
    Actually I'm having buyers remorse this morning, but it's supposed to be here tomorrow, so I'll give the K1 a fair shot, but I'll not hesitate to return it and get another PRIV if it doesn't work for me like the PRIV does.
    I own the PRIV and both of the DTEK. From what I've read, the KEYone and the Motion should both exceed all three previous device performance and reliability. The KEYone glitches seemed far less problematic than PRIV at each of their respective initial rollouts. I suspect the Motion to be a better device at rollout than either DTEK. We're two years into BlackBerry Android with device and user data to better develop each consecutive newer device. This is where BB (either company agnostically) should have been in 2010.

I wouldn't have buyers remorse if you survived the PRIV. That said, I wouldn't go backwards and buy another PRIV either. The PRIV is still the phone it was and is two years later, the first attempt with android from a company that waited seven years behind the other phone OEMs to build android device. Further damaging this attempt was BB financial position. Be patient with KEYone as I'm sure it will be less of an ordeal than PRIV was six months after initial release.
    10-31-17 01:51 PM
    I own the PRIV and both of the DTEK. From what I've read, the KEYone and the Motion should both exceed all three previous device performance and reliability. The KEYone glitches seemed far less problematic than PRIV at each of their respective initial rollouts. I suspect the Motion to be a better device at rollout than either DTEK. We're two years into BlackBerry Android with device and user data to better develop each consecutive newer device. This is where BB (either company agnostically) should have been in 2010.

I wouldn't have buyers remorse if you survived the PRIV. That said, I wouldn't go backwards and buy another PRIV either. The PRIV is still the phone it was and is two years later, the first attempt with android from a company that waited seven years behind the other phone OEMs to build android device. Further damaging this attempt was BB financial position. Be patient with KEYone as I'm sure it will be less of an ordeal than PRIV was six months after initial release.
    So this is an endorsement for the k1?

You believe the k1 to be a good phone?
    10-31-17 04:00 PM
    So this is an endorsement for the k1?

You believe the k1 to be a good phone?
    I believe the KEYone to be a far better superior phone to PRIV. I always have a rule that I wait six months to buy a device in order for all the bugs to be ironed out. I'm on AT&T so I'm comparing the carrier-locked PRIV to carrier-locked KEYone. I'm not an early adopter since I'll even give some time with carrier first. In this case, I'm waiting for 90 days, so another 5-6 weeks from carrier introduction on AT&T.
    10-31-17 04:20 PM
    I understand your sentiment, especially if you had a problematic PRIV, but I have far from survived my PRIV, I've enjoyed it immensely. If I hadn't damaged the screen and digitizer so badly I would be keeping the PRIV another year or so, at least until the security updates stopped. But as I stated, regardless of the improvements, if I can't handle the screen downgrade and have reception issues, I'll go back to the PRIV.
    10-31-17 04:24 PM
    I had pretty good experience with PRIV. Other than AT&T/BlackBerry "NO SVC" issue, which AT&T/BlackBerry jointly fixed after 5-6 weeks, I thoroughly enjoyed my device. I moved onto DTEK since I got excellent deal on ShopBB due to BB exiting hardware business. I'm for the KEYone over the PRIV only because I don't believe the hardware/software-warranty/support is as good value as buying current device. Especially if you buy from carrier. At this point in time, spending your money on any BB device, is statistically better on phone model currently being sold by multiple carriers. The carriers want to see only positive reports of device support regardless of where purchased.
    10-31-17 04:47 PM
    Agreed. My PRIV is a VZW purchase but the K1 is an unlocked VZW compatible phone from BlackBerry via Amazon. I've never owned an unlocked phone so looking forward to more and timely updates if I keep the K1.
    10-31-17 06:26 PM
    Just finished reading several pages of serious reception problems with the Silver Edition K1 on the K1 Support forums here on Crackberry. When I receive
    my K1 tomorrow the first item of business will be to check reception. If noticeably worse than my PRIV I'm boxing it right back up and returning it. Several posters had gone through 2 or more phones with still no resolution, across all carriers and networks. A more relevant or higher spec phone is worthless to me if it has reception and dropped call issues, especially where I live.
    11-01-17 12:36 AM
    Same here, great screen, great battery life and great reception make this a hard decision. This morning I was all set on buying another PRIV out of pocket but being unlocked ( hopefully more frequent security updates) as well as starting off with Nougat and knowing I'll be getting Oreo have swung me over far enough that I ordered the K1 this evening.

That being said, I'll run it through the wringer as soon as I get it and if I can't live with the screen or reception is as bad as some claim, I'll return it and get another PRIV.

Thanks for all the responses, they did factor in to my choice.
    Great choice! I had a PRIV and it ran really well. My biggest complaint was the battery life and how slow the camera took to focus. Well recently my Priv started to develop more of the problems mentioned by others in the forum. The lag started to increase, the overheating started happening more, the battery life started getting worse. It's the nature of the beast. The apps keep getting more resource intensive as they update so even though your PRIV has been doing well, my guess is that it would have started having more problems like mine did.
    I moved to the KEYone and I don't regret it for one moment. I loved the PRIV form factor and considered it my perfect phone, having both vkb and pkb options. But the KEYone is such a great phone, I haven't missed the PRIV one bit. It runs great and it is a really fun phone to have. It just does so much so well!
    Hope your situation turns out greatest!
    11-01-17 01:01 AM
    Great choice! I had a PRIV and it ran really well. My biggest complaint was the battery life and how slow the camera took to focus. Well recently my Priv started to develop more of the problems mentioned by others in the forum. The lag started to increase, the overheating started happening more, the battery life started getting worse. It's the nature of the beast. The apps keep getting more resource intensive as they update so even though your PRIV has been doing well, my guess is that it would have started having more problems like mine did.
    I moved to the KEYone and I don't regret it for one moment. I loved the PRIV form factor and considered it my perfect phone, having both vkb and pkb options. But the KEYone is such a great phone, I haven't missed the PRIV one bit. It runs great and it is a really fun phone to have. It just does so much so well!
    Hope your situation turns out greatest!
    I'm curious. How long did you have your PRIV before you start having those issues? I don't believe it's necessarily related to age/usage time as I've had mine since a month after release and still don't experience those problems. There are others on the forum with the same experience. Then there are those like yourself who have developed some of the issues, did a wipe and reload and were good again.

That's the reason I'm so reluctant to part with it. It's been a great problem free phone for me but if I replace it with another PRIV I stand a chance of getting one of the problem plagued versions. Based on my research the majority of good PRIVs were VZW issued F15.STV100-2 variants.

We'll see. My K1 arrives today and I'll know by this evening if I'm keeping it.
    11-01-17 10:01 AM
    I'm curious. How long did you have your PRIV before you start having those issues? I don't believe it's necessarily related to age/usage time as I've had mine since a month after release and still don't experience those problems. There are others on the forum with the same experience. Then there are those like yourself who have developed some of the issues, did a wipe and reload and were good again.

That's the reason I'm so reluctant to part with it. It's been a great problem free phone for me but if I replace it with another PRIV I stand a chance of getting one of the problem plagued versions. Based on my research the majority of good PRIVs were VZW issued F15.STV100-2 variants.

We'll see. My K1 arrives today and I'll know by this evening if I'm keeping it.
    I used my Priv for a year and a half. Google Maps seemed to be the main culprit that started the degradation. Then multitasking started becoming more of an issue. I started offloading more tasks to my tablet so I wouldn't be stuck with a dead phone later in the day. With the KEYone, I've started moving all my activity back to phone and it's been great. I'm still working on breaking off the mindset that I have ration my phone use. Even with heavy, heavy use the KEYone has got juice at the end of the day. It's amazing! I had forgotten how fun using my phone could be.
    Since your Priv has worked great, the difference might not seem as dramatic as it's been for me.
    11-01-17 12:28 PM
    Well to be fair, I've never used Google Maps or Facebook, which seem to have caused a lot of performance and battery issues, although I do use the phone moderately to heavy throughout the day and evening.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 11-02-17 at 12:17 AM.
    11-01-17 01:12 PM
    My K1 arrives today and I'll know by this evening if I'm keeping it.
    I'm curious if it's a 👍 or a 👎 for the KEYone.

Bob
    11-02-17 07:26 AM
    Hey @rotorwrench... you were expecting to get your KEYone a couple of days ago. Would you please post up your thoughts how you are liking it in comparison to your Priv?

Thanks!!!

Bob
    11-03-17 04:42 PM
    was looking at the iPhone x buy no more. that thing is waaaay overpriced for a phone.
    11-03-17 06:08 PM
    I spoke with my AT&T rep today and she said they sold all of the iPhone X's they had at her corporate store... so people are buying them despite the price.

Bob
    11-03-17 06:26 PM
    Hey @rotorwrench... you were expecting to get your KEYone a couple of days ago. Would you please post up your thoughts how you are liking it in comparison to your Priv?

Thanks!!!

Bob
    Sorry about that. I got the phone on Wednesday and due to work and 2ft of snow I haven't even had time to activate it.

I have been handling it and getting a feel for it. I've only seen photos of the K1 up to now and have to admit it's a good looking phone and appears, as well as handles, like a quality made handset. It has just enough weight to make it feel premium, not excessively light as an all plastic slab phone does. The fit and finish is excellent. I actually prefer the Silver to the BE as far as appearance goes.

The KB surprised me. Based on some forum posts I thought the KB would be larger in some ways but I measured my PRIV KB and they are exactly the same width and height. The only difference is the K1 keys are glossy and slick whereas the PRIV keys are satin black. Otherwise they're identical. Which I'm good with.

I'm also surprised that the PRIV is basically the same thickness as well. I've always been impressed with the engineering and thin dimensions of the PRIV, being a slider.

I'm not sure about the placement of the convenience key. I predict frequent unintentional activation by yours truly.

I don't like the location of the speaker at all. I have never liked that location, but if the audio is as bad as many claim, I guess it won't bother me much as I probably won't use the speaker function much, except for ringtone and notification.

I was intending to return it yesterday when I found out the build date but after reading some more posts I realize there's still a possibility that it won't have a screen lift problem, so I'll go ahead and set it up and activate it to hopefully this weekend and then decide.

I'll update my impressions as soon as I get the opportunity to actually use it. At this point it's a good looking phone and appears to be made very well but I still prefer the PRIV screen size and quality, as well as the PRIV audio and speaker placement. Further comparisons pending.
    11-03-17 07:00 PM
    Thanks for your overview to date... I will look forward to your follow up comments once you get the KEYone activated.

Bob
    11-03-17 07:21 PM
    keep the reviews coming. I'm about to pull the plug tonight and have a forum member in India help procure and send a dual sim version to me here in Canada.
    11-03-17 10:09 PM
    Just a heads up but I'm sure it's been posted by others, but I haven't seen it. Last night I was trying the K1 in my Z30 and PRIV OEM leather swivel holsters and while too tall for the Z30, the K1 fit nicely in the PRIV holster. Actually there is just enough room to use a thin case on the K1 as well. FWIW
    11-04-17 12:53 PM
    was looking at the iPhone x buy no more. that thing is waaaay overpriced for a phone.
    Have the same. I can extend my contract on T-Mobile but the price for the iPhone X is insane! Have to 150 euro for the phone, pay 56 euro per month for only 1 gb 4g wahahahaha

Guess I'll stick with BlackBerry haha
    11-04-17 06:03 PM
    I can buy screen replacements for just under $200 now and they are trivial to change on the Priv.

With that said the KeyONE is imho a superior device especially on battery life...
    11-05-17 04:13 PM
    I can buy screen replacements for just under $200 now and they are trivial to change on the Priv.

With that said the KeyONE is imho a superior device especially on battery life...
    I've replaced a number of screens and digitizers on a few phones and several tablets including my PlayBook which was the most labor intensive and I can tell you that replacing the screen / digitizer assy on the PRIV is more complicated than a standard phone. You have to remove everything, battery, board etc... Not insurmountable but definitely a little work. Besides, I can buy a new unlocked PRIV for $250. For me $50 more than a screen assy plus unlocked compared to my locked PRIV is a no brainer for me, plus a new warranty. Not worth my time. Sorry.
    11-06-17 12:10 AM
    I've replaced a number of screens and digitizers on a few phones and several tablets including my PlayBook which was the most labor intensive and I can tell you that replacing the screen / digitizer assy on the PRIV is more complicated than a standard phone. You have to remove everything, battery, board etc... Not insurmountable but definitely a little work. Besides, I can buy a new unlocked PRIV for $250. For me $50 more than a screen assy plus unlocked compared to my locked PRIV is a no brainer for me, plus a new warranty. Not worth my time. Sorry.
    No you don't; you can do it from the front, without removing the frame, and it's VERY easy to do so.

The problem with the price is that they're all sold WITH the frame and slider assembly. That's crap, IMHO, but it is what it is; without that assembly the screen would likely be in the $100 range, which would make repair much more reasonable.

But yes, today you can get new Privs for $250, so it does make it a much more-dicey proposition to replace a screen, especially considering that for the additional $50 you get an all-new device (including a new battery, etc.)
    11-06-17 06:14 AM
56 123