Figured I'd just clear the air and start a fresh thread on this. Amazon just had another small batch of Privs. I ordered one and immediately called and cancelled my shopblackberry order.

I feel like I may have jumped the gun cancelling though and a bit anxious that Amazon may not come through due to the limited stock and I'll be waiting or forced to the back of the shopblackberry line again.

Anyway, I have bought all of my BlackBerry devices from the Z10 on directly from shopblackberry for myself and family (10+ devices). Never Amazon. For those that have... is the boxing the same, do we get the updates at the same time, the warranty should be valid as stated by Amazon... not sure what I'm missing.

Kinda feel guilty cancelling my order directly from BlackBerry, but more anxious about being impatient and possibly not getting what I would have gotten from shopblackberry. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :-)

Edit: Oh... and no branding on the device, etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 11:48 PM
    Why cancel? Just keep both and send the 2nd back or refuse shipment.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 11:49 PM
    Why cancel? Just keep both and send the 2nd back or refuse shipment.

Posted via CB10
    Already cancelled from shopblackberry right after I ordered from Amazon. Can't afford having two $750 charges on my card. They were polite and I received a cancellation confirmation immediately after hanging up the phone with shopblackberry.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 11:51 PM
    I ordered my in shopblackberry and ordered the second one from amazon since the other shopblackberry dint ship it. I got my phone from amazon today as promised and I don't see any of the issues other mentioned such as over heating.

Warranty should just be fine.

I am planning to send back the shopbb version which is due to be delivered on Tuesday. The only thing I am thinking of is with Amazon, I will get 5% cash back and with shopbb I will get couple of free accessories. I just need to decide.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 11:56 PM
    I ordered my in shopblackberry and ordered the second one from amazon since the other shopblackberry dint ship it. I got my phone from amazon today as promised and I don't see any of the issues other mentioned such as over heating.

Warranty should just be fine.

I am planning to send back the shopbb version which is due to be delivered on Tuesday. The only thing I am thinking of is with Amazon, I will get 5% cash back and with shopbb I will get couple of free accessories. I just need to decide.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Is there really no difference at all between the two as far as everything I mentioned?

If that's the case I'd stick with Amazon just in case you need customer service within 30 days. Totally forgot about the 5% cash back and used a different card. I don't care though. Just hoping it actually goes through!

Also, I'm hesitant to use the free hard shell based on some comments here. I already have 2 leather pouches for my mom's (coming tomorrow from AT&T) and hopefully mine if Amazon is correct by Wednesday.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 12:06 AM
    Is there really no difference at all between the two as far as everything I mentioned?

If that's the case I'd stick with Amazon just in case you need customer service within 30 days. Totally forgot about the 5% cash back and used a different card. I don't care though. Just hoping it actually goes through!

Also, I'm hesitant to use the free hard shell based on some comments here. I already have 2 leather pouches for my mom's (coming tomorrow from AT&T) and hopefully mine if Amazon is correct by Wednesday.

Posted via CB10
    I went through the exact same thing last year with my Classic! I pre-ordered then cancelled due to their incompetence, and ordered 2 through Amazon, best decision ever made when buying a cellphone! It's the exact same phone that ships from shopbb, you get a Amazon warranty and return guarantee, on top of that we purchased the $4 insurance directly from Blackberry that covered any phones that were pre-ordered on or off of shopbb! We ended up getting the 2 Classics cheaper and faster through Amazon!

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    11-16-15 12:40 AM
    Mine is from amazon, no difference from the shop BlackBerry one.
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    11-16-15 12:57 AM
    I went through the exact same thing last year with my Classic! I pre-ordered then cancelled due to their incompetence, and ordered 2 through Amazon, best decision ever made when buying a cellphone! It's the exact same phone that ships from shopbb, you get a Amazon warranty and return guarantee, on top of that we purchased the $4 insurance directly from Blackberry that covered any phones that were pre-ordered on or off of shopbb! We ended up getting the 2 Classics cheaper and faster through Amazon!

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    Thanks for the reassurance!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 01:02 AM
    Figured I'd just clear the air and start a fresh thread on this. Amazon just had another small batch of Privs. I ordered one and immediately called and cancelled my shopblackberry order.

I feel like I may have jumped the gun cancelling though and a bit anxious that Amazon may not come through due to the limited stock and I'll be waiting or forced to the back of the shopblackberry line again.

Anyway, I have bought all of my BlackBerry devices from the Z10 on directly from shopblackberry for myself and family (10+ devices). Never Amazon. For those that have... is the boxing the same, do we get the updates at the same time, the warranty should be valid as stated by Amazon... not sure what I'm missing.

Kinda feel guilty cancelling my order directly from BlackBerry, but more anxious about being impatient and possibly not getting what I would have gotten from shopblackberry. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :-)

Edit: Oh... and no branding on the device, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Damn, it would be nice if people would answer the questions you asked.

Yes, the box and its contents are the same.
    Yes, you get the exact same updates that you would get if you ordered from shopblackberry.com.
    No branding
    It's the exact device you would have gotten from shopblackberry.com.

Posted one-handed via Passport
    11-16-15 01:04 AM
    Mine is from amazon, no difference from the shop BlackBerry one.
    Thanks again. I was hesitant at first, but jumped on it as I feel like I've been waiting forever. Will see if Amazon comes through. Thanks for confirming there is no difference.

I was worried about updates, etc. as my shopblackberry devices are always first and I've never bought a BlackBerry through Amazon. Just crossing my fingers that this order goes through! What a mess.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 01:06 AM