I'm actually genuinely curious as to why BlackBerry never ended up releasing this SKU. Looks like the Priv would have looked great in white, although we probably wouldn't have gotten the glass weave backing.

12-25-16 09:13 AM
    "Reminded of White Priv"

That still sounds wrong.
    12-25-16 09:32 AM
    No, we know it was there. But there is also BlackBerry 10 running on the Priv. So it's not gonna happen. End story.
    tigrute likes this.
    12-25-16 09:33 AM
    No, we know it was there. But there is also BlackBerry 10 running on the Priv. So it's not gonna happen. End story.
    Any leaks of this? I always thought the demo device that appeared to be running BB10 was a non functional unit.
    12-25-16 09:49 AM
    "Reminded of White Priv"

That still sounds wrong.
    When I was looking for this photo, I typed in white priv into Google and the results were not what I expected, although to be fair, it does make sense.
    12-25-16 09:52 AM
    I'm actually genuinely curious as to why BlackBerry never ended up releasing this SKU. Looks like the Priv would have looked great in white, although we probably wouldn't have gotten the glass weave backing.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...23e297e8f5.jpg
    Do you recall how successful the black Priv was? White version might have sold another 1% if that.

I thought I recall someone posting pictures of one wrapped in a white skin thingie.
    12-25-16 10:13 AM
    Do you recall how successful the black Priv was? White version might have sold another 1% if that.

I thought I recall someone posting pictures of one wrapped in a white skin thingie.
    Depends on how you define success. It was a niche product anyway. But if they were only planning on releasing a black model, don't go on stage and say we're making this device available in black and white.
    12-25-16 11:06 AM
    Depends on how you define success. It was a niche product anyway. But if they were only planning on releasing a black model, don't go on stage and say we're making this device available in black and white.
    Don't say the Playbook will be updated.

Don't keep saying SOON.

There's a lot of DON'T's this company should abide by.
    12-25-16 11:33 AM
    We found out long ago that the thing being held up there was just a mock-up. The Priv was android from the start. But, it was all still in the works so BlackBerry had to place a fake BB10 back-lit screen on it. Louks' big thumbs are all over that screen and it does nothing the whole time.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-16 11:33 AM
    We found out long ago that the thing being held up there was just a mock-up. The Priv was android from the start. But, it was all still in the works so BlackBerry had to place a fake BB10 back-lit screen on it. Louks' big thumbs are all over that screen and it does nothing the whole time.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty much sure the device in concept stage was part of BB10 plan before they decided to make it Android. It was right there with Passport most likely once they cut the tide from Z30 design language and naming. I could be wrong.

I'm basing it on the fact that Android and BBRY Android software wasn't ready for prime time like it is right now. It was in some heavy beta stage at the time of the release. Bu than again that's your BlackBerry Software company and how they do business. They did the same with BB10 and still haven't learned nothing.
    12-25-16 11:47 AM
    I think the idea was to release a white Priv, but given the "success" of the black Priv, BlackBerry quickly cancel those plans.
    12-25-16 01:46 PM
    Purchase a skin from Dbrand or UKarbon that's White and cover your PRIV with it

That's probably the best for now. I think since its been over a year. We won't get the 'white version' especially since BlackBerry have now handed over their hardware division to TCL

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    12-25-16 02:25 PM
    Don't say the Playbook will be updated.

Don't keep saying SOON.

There's a lot of DON'T's this company should abide by.
    Sadly the PlayBook is done. It's a real shame because it was the first time BlackBerry had good hardware and software, and they spoiled their chance.
    12-25-16 03:33 PM
    Any leaks of this? I always thought the demo device that appeared to be running BB10 was a non functional unit.
    People were more outraged that the inert backlit slab had a BB10 home screen pasted on the front than that it was white.
    12-25-16 04:44 PM
    "Reminded of White Priv"

That still sounds wrong.
    And as I have said many times, others thought so as well, thus it never appearing lol.
    12-26-16 01:43 AM
    And as I have said many times, others thought so as well, thus it never appearing lol.
    Too bad about the name. I have been OK with the Priv name but when I remember this, I have a twinge of wishing it could have been named something else so we could have a white one. But in reality, that probably is not the only reason, because if they had wanted to, they could have made one a different color besides black, even if not white. It probably was not cost effective due to low sales, as was mentioned. I think that having other colors would have had an appeal. Maybe TCL will do this in the future.
    12-26-16 03:15 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...23e297e8f5.jpg
    Nice point . The black Priv failed to arouse much interest and white Priv would hve met the same fate .IMO they shelved the white priv .
    12-26-16 06:14 AM
    I think Donald Trump will be the only person to rock a White Priv....
    12-26-16 11:08 PM
    I'm not sure I would have went for the white model on the Priv design even if it was an option.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-27-16 06:24 AM
    I'm not sure I would have went for the white model on the Priv design even if it was an option.
    I know I would NOT get a white device. Not my style showing finger smudges. Clearly, there are folks who like them. But you'd expect that before you offer color choices, the phone will sell in the first place. I don't believe that BB would have bumped up a substantial number of sales by offering a white version. Yes, they might have sold a few more but not a meaningful amount more.

And at this point, there's no reason to even discuss it.
    12-27-16 08:30 AM
    I know I would NOT get a white device. Not my style showing finger smudges. Clearly, there are folks who like them. But you'd expect that before you offer color choices, the phone will sell in the first place. I don't believe that BB would have bumped up a substantial number of sales by offering a white version. Yes, they might have sold a few more but not a meaningful amount more.

And at this point, there's no reason to even discuss it.
    It would be nice to own both colours, but let's face it, the crowd of BlackBerry collectors is quite small, I'd invest in a white one just as a collection piece although black is more practical.
    12-27-16 08:37 AM
    As Matty above said, if you want a different color for your PRIV (including white), just get a skin for it from UKarbon or other company that does the same thing. Check these out:

BlackBerry Priv Skin | UK Made | Premium Quality ? U|Karbon
    FF22 likes this.
    12-27-16 09:46 AM