11-09-15 08:44 AM
35 12
tools
    Bought it today.
    Did not risk buying the PRIV-img_20151106_130317_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:23 PM
    Passport is a great phone, probably the best on the market for me. Size is great, speed, it's the best BlackBerry 10 phone.
    anon(8050899) likes this.
    11-06-15 06:38 PM
    Because I am using it in Argentina, and I already know for a fact the passport works with movistar, and I can do any updates if they come. With the Priv it is not certain that I will be able to updates through BB Desktop Software.

I actually may try and see if I can do without anything google on my passport.
    No problem. No Google for me and it's been perfect. I've had the Passport from day 1 and it has been the best phone and laptop ever. No android apps. I have over 150 apps on it. All BlackBerry and all very useful.

Bla1ze's review of the Priv has confirmed my worst fears about the priv:

1) no privacy (facebook and Google tap your location 70 times per day!?)
    2) only third party file manager (no privacy)
    3) worse battery than passport
    4) no Blend
    5) no BBM video
    6) touch keyboard not as good as the passport one (no pinch and zoom)
    7) cannot save email attachments from hub and create new folders as you do so
    8) need Google drive to attach files to email?

And no True multitasking.

That's a list I cannot live with. I certainly have not missed Googgle Playstore în 3.5 years of using BB10.
    11-06-15 09:21 PM
    Love my priv

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 12:09 AM
    I am waiting for someone to confirm that Priv has same emailing system as BB10. That is my priority and I don't want to compromise on it.
    11-07-15 12:56 AM
    No problem. No Google for me and it's been perfect. I've had the Passport from day 1 and it has been the best phone and laptop ever. No android apps. I have over 150 apps on it. All BlackBerry and all very useful.

Bla1ze's review of the Priv has confirmed my worst fears about the priv:

1) no privacy (facebook and Google tap your location 70 times per day!?)
    2) only third party file manager (no privacy)
    3) worse battery than passport
    4) no Blend
    5) no BBM video
    6) touch keyboard not as good as the passport one (no pinch and zoom)
    7) cannot save email attachments from hub and create new folders as you do so
    8) need Google drive to attach files to email?

And no True multitasking.

That's a list I cannot live with. I certainly have not missed Googgle Playstore în 3.5 years of using BB10.
    Totaly agree.

I caught a lot of slack on here for going with the passport over the priv.
    11-07-15 07:57 AM
    So you went with a device that may get one or two more updates and BlackBerry has implied is dead? The day the Priv was announced I started my BB10, and BlackBerry in general, exit strategy. Hopefully you got that Passport for about $300 or less because that is all it worth and will be depreciating rapidly.
    11-07-15 08:29 AM
    So you went with a device that may get one or two more updates and BlackBerry has implied is dead? The day the Priv was announced I started my BB10, and BlackBerry in general, exit strategy. Hopefully you got that Passport for about $300 or less because that is all it worth and will be depreciating rapidly.
    It may only get one or two more updates, you´re right. However, that´s about 2-3 years of use I should get out of it. After that, I´ll see what happens.
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    11-07-15 10:22 AM
    If BlackBerry was to keep development of the os going I would stay with it. As much as a fan of bb10 it was missing apps (for me). If full anroid app intigration happened bb10. It is going to take me a while to fully get into android but it will come soon

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 07:25 PM
    Even if I might get flamed, I believe you're being too hard on the OP. He made a decision that was suitable for himself, not for you. I also wanted to get the Priv for my sister, but the stratospheric price (over 800 euros) does not justify the purchase. I paid 600 euros for my device, but that's as high as I'll ever go for a phone, regardless if I'm a BlackBerry fan or not.

Everybody is marching on the "BlackBerry 10 is dead" thread, but if the phone fits your requirements, why would you change it? My Passport is a year old but I don't want to buy anything else because it does what it is supposed to. Hell, even a flip phone will suffice, but then you wouldn't have what to pull out to impress your entourage. First world problems, eh?

Posted via my Black Passport
    11-09-15 08:44 AM
35 12